Problem

Rogue S

Installed a new DVD burner and when I went to power my system up, I got a never ending beep. No pauses, just one long beep. It also sounded like ringing. Opened the case back up and powered it on and found out it was my video card making the noise. The card is only a few weeks old. Took that card out and put in the old one. When I powered it back up I got no ringing. Instead I got never ending beeps with a seconds pause between them. It only stopped when I powered down the system. Unplugged everything and reseated the card and memory. I left all my drives unplugged and just plugged my card in. Plugged in, powered up and got the never ending beeps with a seconds pause between them. Took the card out and left the memory and CPU. No beeps. Powered down, unplugged and took the memory out and put the card back in. Powered up and no beeps. Powered down again, unplugged and put the memory back in. Powered up and got the beeps. Powered down, unplugged, and moved the memory to the second set of slots. Left the card out and powered up... no beeps. Powered down, unplugged and put the card back in. Powered up and the never ending beeps again! I think it is the memory but I'm not sure. I had to replace my original memory because I was getting errors when I started up. The new memory is about six months old. I replaced my video card because the fan on the old one was stopping and not starting back up unless I shut the computer down and started up again. I know my power supply is good because all of my fans work and the LED on my board lights up. Like I said, I think it is the memory or the dimm slots are going bad. My motherboard is getting up there in years.

Breakdown of my system:

6 hard drives

2 DVD Burners

ASUS P4P800 motherboard

ATI Radeon 9800 XT (old card)

BFG GeForce 7800GS OC (new card)

2 GB Crucial RAM (replaced 1 GB Crucial)

P4 3.2ghz processor

Antec case with Antec 430w power supply

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks,

Rogue S

Well, the man said that he plugged out all of the disks, so I doubt it's PSU, but who knows.

I'm suspecting that memory is givin' the beeps here, maybe if you could aquire some other modules, just to test it..

Well, I have an issue myself. My RAID0 SATA Array with two 80 Gigs Maxtor disks crashed yesterday on Asus P4C800 Deluxe board.

Both disks seem to be operational, but for some reason one of them dropped out from the array.

I've deleted and recreated the array by retaining the data on the disks and now I can't boot into the OS.

I've also tried to boot with XP and Vista CD and I see all four partitions and it's sizes, but the status is unknown for all of them..

Any suggestions on this :(

Thanks for all of the replies. I already ruled out the power supply. And yes, 430w is enough to run everything. I tried my old memory yesterday and still had the same problem with the never ending beeps with a seconds pause betwen them. A friend let me try the memory he got a couple days ago and I still got the same result. It's funny that I get the beeps with only cpu, memory and video card hooked up. But if I take out the video card, no beeps. I'm starting to think my motherboard is acting up and might need replacing.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Rogue

Well, it seems you tried everything except replacing the MBO. But don't understand that everything was working normally until you tried to attach DVD burner. After this action you have problems that you haven't had before?

Is this MBO still under warranty?

N1K,

As far as the DVD Burner is concerned, I was just swapping it out. I've always had two burners and no problems. And yes, after I swapped the burner I started having this problem that I've never had before. I wish my motherboard was still under warranty. The mobo is almost four years old. :(

I wish I could help you with your problem, but I know nothing about RAID. I hope you get it fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Rogue S

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my problem:

Got my new parts intalled and now I can not get into Windows. Did a little digging around with Google and I found out that because I changed my motherboard, it messed up the boot file. How can I fix this?

TIA for any help,

Rogue S

New System:

2 DVD burners

6 hard drives

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus

BFG Tech 7950 GT OC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz

2gb Kinston Memory

CoolerMaster CM Stacker case

PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU

N1K,

Tried that and had no luck. Also tried FIXMBR. I know everything is set up right in my BIOS. I even updated my BIOS. I also unplugged all of my drives, except my boot drive, took out my ata controller card. No luck. I don't have a floppy drive so I can't try any of the options that require one. I'm pulling out what little hair I have left trying to fix this. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas?

TIA,

Rogue S

N1K,

Sorry for the delay in responding. A close family friend passed away and I have been spending time with their loved ones.

Tried the Hirens boot cd, and it did not help. I have since installed XP again and I am in the process of installing my programs again.

Thanks for your help.

Rogue S