Servers offline (and no direct links)

crashfly

I am not a new person when it comes to using WinToolkit (using v.1.4.0.32). However I am having some difficulties with trying to locate the updates to use with WinToolkit.

Currently the error message I get when pressing the "Update Catalog" button is:

Neither McRip or SoLoR Update servers seem to be active. This error will also occur if you have no internet connection or if you are behind a proxy server.

I do have an active internet connection and I am not behind a proxy. Also, I have searched the forum and have been unable to find the links to get directly to the "McRip" updates or even the "SoLoR" updates.

Anyone got any ideas?

Appearantly, the "McRip" update server is active. However, due to a broken setup I have with IPv6, WinToolkit was trying to connect over IPv6 and not IPv4. Disabled IPv6 (at least temporarily) and everything started working. I know I have a borked IPv6 implementation. I am working on fixing that. I did not realize it was going to be an issue with WinToolkit.

Still, there are no direct links for the "McRip" update catalog.

@Legolash2o - Secondly (as a possible selection), it may be a good idea to implement a check for both IPv6 connectivity and IPv4 connectivity (or at least the choice if IPv6 does not work).

But why use ipv6 for this at all?

Both those servers dont have ipv6 address, so its basically useless...youu wont see any benefit at all.

Also Legolash "logging host" doesnt seem to have direct ipv6 connectivity either...

And I really doubt that it would make any sense to fix "Network Configuration" problems on applicartion level... :g:

Also I`m pretty certain, it would introduce problems for people, who dont have direct access to ipv6 at all, at least most ISP`s doesnt provide it by default.

Edited by Etz

But why use ipv6 for this at all?

Both those servers dont have ipv6 address, so its basically useless...youu wont see any benefit at all.

Also Legolash "logging host" doesnt seem to have direct ipv6 connectivity either...

And I really doubt that it would make any sense to fix "Network Configuration" problems on applicartion level... :g:

Also I`m pretty certain, it would introduce problems for people, who dont have direct access to ipv6 at all, at least most ISP`s doesnt provide it by default.

My servers do have IPv6 connectivity (2001:470:1f0a:2b4::2] and is working properly. If the client side does not have the correct configuration for IPv6 you can not blame the server and Win7Toolkit for it.

I have no problems with IPv6 connections to the server.

If you have so many problems with using IPv6, just disable it.

I personally use IPv6 only to this server.