McRip - DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant

Mark Strelecki

Windows6.1-KB2666914-x64.msu - This addin is only used on networks that have Server 8 Beta running.

From the KB article at http://support.micro....com/kb/2666914 :

"To run Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant 2.0, client computers must be running Windows 7. Additionally, client computers must be connected to an internal corporate network by using the DirectAccess feature that is included in Windows Server "8" Beta. DCA 2.0 improves the DirectAccess connection experience for client computers and helps organizations reduce the cost of supporting DirectAccess users."

I noticed Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant 2.0 running after slipstreaming the recent McRip updates into my WIN7 SP1 install DVD. I do not use Server 8 Beta and so the icon in the notification area always shows an ugly red X.

If I disable the service I get a nasty reminder dialog at startup saying I should contact my Administrator. I hate it when that happens. <grin>

I have removed this update (shown as Windows6.1-KB2666914-x64.msu) and will rebuild my install media to see if this addresses this.

I love the Win Toolkit. It's my new nLite for the modern OSes.

QUESTION: will WinToolkit ever support the Server versions of Windows?

Thanks very much!

MARK STRELECKI

Atlanta, GA. USA

Mark KUC can scan your mounted image and it can tell you EXACTLY what updates you need/can integrate, it will also skip updates that cannot be integrated and it will tell you which updates are superseded plus it supports Server 2008 R2 (it also can download any updates that you are missing in your updatepack)

Hola, Mi Amigo!

Yeah, that one update was the problem. Left it out of this last WinToolkit build and did a clean install from USB flashdrive on my Core i7 HP DV7 laptop.

No errors, no red Xs, just good stuff.

Rick, will try that KUC app you showed me awhile back and see if I can make it do all that magic stuff. <grin>

Best wishes to you, always!

MARK STRELECKI

Atlanta, GA. USA

P. S. - Am I assuming incorrectly that McRip's updates are the "updates you need/can integrate" ?

I'm still learning the WinToolkit, and will use it in the future IF I can figure out what updates "should" be included.

Perhaps WT might acquire this capability in an upcoming version? Hmmmm.....

M. S. ATL GA USA

Next time I see you online I will show you how to use KUC with offline images, it is magic, you can pick and choose ONLY what components you want to integrate

Its a very VERY smart app and I asked for WinTk support but I think its a tough one for Lego

Mark thanks for pointing this out because somehow I managed to miss that this was for Server 8 and I too have been installing it. Ironically I was planning on using the feature on a 2008 domain and thanks to you I realize I need the v1 and not the v2

Windows6.1-KB2666914-x64.msu - This addin is only used on networks that have Server 8 Beta running.

From the KB article at http://support.micro....com/kb/2666914 :

"To run Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant 2.0, client computers must be running Windows 7. Additionally, client computers must be connected to an internal corporate network by using the DirectAccess feature that is included in Windows Server "8" Beta. DCA 2.0 improves the DirectAccess connection experience for client computers and helps organizations reduce the cost of supporting DirectAccess users."

I noticed Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant 2.0 running after slipstreaming the recent McRip updates into my WIN7 SP1 install DVD. I do not use Server 8 Beta and so the icon in the notification area always shows an ugly red X.

If I disable the service I get a nasty reminder dialog at startup saying I should contact my Administrator. I hate it when that happens. <grin>

Next time I see you online I will show you how to use KUC with offline images, it is magic, you can pick and choose ONLY what components you want to integrate

Its a very VERY smart app and I asked for WinTk support but I think its a tough one for Lego

@Rick, it would be great if you could post instructions on how to use KUC with offline images, or point me to a tutorial if one exists. I also agree with you, Mark, and others that it would really be great if Lego could somehow incorporate KUC's functionality into Win Toolkit in some way, or use it as an external tool, or something.

Cheers and Regards