[AddOn] TeraCopy v2 beta 4a

Gorki

teracopysmall.pngteracopy.png

Copy your files faster and easier

TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, also providing you with a lot of features:

* Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.

* Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.

* Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.

* Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.

* Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.

mediafire.png

size.png@1.15 MB

md5.png 7B92C8B5A076A2A1ED8E692F41BC3D63

NOTE: Professional version requires registration, this version is for home/personal use thus it's free

Changelog:

31-August-08 - Updated to version 2.0 beta 4a

04-August-08 - Updated to version 2.0 beta 4

08-March-08 - Updated to version 2.0 beta 3

19-December-07 - Some reg entries removed for less interference.

14-December-07 - Updated to version 2 beta2

Edited by Gorki

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Version 2 BETA 2 is out :)

But I bet you only care about final releases ? :)

Ordinary I would not update it until final release,but since there are some major changes and updates...thus there are users wanting and using it (wanting it) a lot... so I had to do it ^_^:rolleyes:

TeraCopy Change Log

Version 2.0 beta 2

Fixed: High CPU usage.

Added: Adding files in the separate thread.

Added: Sound related settings in the ini file.

Added: Number of retries in the ini file.

Version 2.0 beta

Changed: Small files are processed much faster.

Added: Start new copy in a separate thread.

Added: sfv and md5 files support.

Added: Entry in the Explorer context menu.

Added: Reorder file list. [Pro]

Added: Open destination folder in Explorer. [Pro]

Added: Show shell menu for any file in the file list. [Pro]

Added: Play sound when operation is complete (>10 sec).

Added: 'Always on top' option in the TeraCopy system menu.

Added: Drag destination folder to the "Copy" or "Move" buttons.

Fixed: Free space detection.

Fixed: Folder attributes now copied.

Fixed: Time left now displayed correctly on 12h systems.

Edited by tain

i seem to be having a problem with this, the context menu addition blocks or disables of my options,for instance, if i r click a reg file, the 'edit' option isint available anymore.so i did some testing and manualy removed the teracopy entries in my registry and that seemed to do it.all my r clik extention were restored.

ilooked further into this and even witht he original installer there is a problem,so maybe someone should elt the boys at Terracopy know about this,looks like an easy fix,prolly something to do with CLSID's having the same name as others.ow and uve got some misc entries in ure inf addreg section.

Edited by bober

• 3 weeks later...

Great addon mate. Thanks a lot.

I want tera copy to completly replace windows copy. When we drag and drop I still see copy here or move here and tera copy here and move here. If it is replacing windows copy then there is no point in tera copy or move, windows copy and move is enough.

Can you tell me which entries should i delete form INF to delete Tera copy here and Tera move here. Also context menu tera copy disable by default.

I shall be really thankfull to you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Seemed to integrate okay: shortcuts appear and program runs, but none of the shell extensions show up. When I try to enable them through the options button absolutely nothing happens.

Integrated with SP3 with RVMi.

EDIT: on reboot the new settings seem to stick, but they were not default on windows install.

Edited by FreeMortal

• 1 month later...