music players!?

Luciano

I have a question about music players, bcoz i get a bit sick of it, bcoz all the competition with the music players like itunes and windows media player..

I wanna know what the best is to do, instead of downloading allot of music players where u only can play the songs that are changed for the program (the icon stuff)

I have got:

windows media player (standard in the windows package)

iTunes (i have an ipod shuffle so i need it to put songs on it)

Quicktime (also standard)

Real player (dont ask me why) :online2long:

I had winamp, and i really liked it, but we had to delete all the programs on the computer, so its lost now, and now i am thinking of putting it back..

But i was thinking: will this affect my ipod shuffle? bcoz that mp3 player is based on iTunes, and i want to have the songs also in iTunes, and also on winamp to just listen on the computer..

What do you think, can i do it without problems, cuz i only use itunes now for listening music,

and i use real player/media player/quicktime for on the internet?

what do you think about winamp?

Edited by Luciano

IMHO Winamp is the best music player, I said "music player" because I'm using it for listening mp3's, wav's, mod's, ogg's etc..

WMP is my favorite media player and I'm using it for video materials..

As for Quicktime and Real Player, well, I hate those spy, add shitty programs..But hate them or not, I have to use them because some videos are available only in one of those formats.

To avoid it's adds I'm using Real Alternative ( Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia file without having to install RealPlayer or RealOne Player. Supported are: RealAudio (.ra .rpm), RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb .rpx .smi .smil), RealText (.rt), ReadPix (.rp). It also supports RealMedia content that is embedded in webpages. ) and Quicktime Alternative ( QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime (.mov .qt) files. This way there is no need to install the offical QuickTime Player. )

I hope this info will help ya :sweatingbullets:

Theres no one perfect media player. you need a multitude of programs to do everything you need. i currently use iTunes/winamp/foobar and thats pretty much it. i dont use WMP anymore just because i have programs that use less resources.

Winamp is the best for older computers like my laptop. Its small, efficient, and fast. Only 5 or 6 seconds to start on a 366 pII running windows XP. WMP starts faster, but it uses more resources for the EQ and stuff (stuff i need for listenin to music out of headphones)

iTunes is a great program and i use that on my desktop, it takes a lot of resources ill admit, but for me thats fine, i have a fairly decent computer to run it on. Plus i need it for my iPod nano. Winamp isn't based on iTunes i can tell you. and it certainly wont infect your iPod, so no worries there.

FooBar2000, well, I'v just started playing around with it lately. I have downloaded .8.3 for my laptop and i love it, it doesn't look as nice as iTunes or winamp, but ill tell you, its very customizable if you know what your doing. Its great for me because i need a low resource usage program for listenin to music on my laptop while browsing the net. iTunes works alright on my laptop, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, try out a multitude of applications for playing music/video. No one player is the best, beleive me.

(although XMMS for Linux only has 6 bugs :P)

Edited by cygnus

I will get Winamp player, for just the fast and simple listening on my computer, cuz i hate it that iTunes is such a big file to open, and it stays big so my computer will work slower if its on, thats where winamp comes in hand..

So that will be the best program for using it on my computer, and itunes well, my ipod needs some love 2 ^^

• 1 month later...