[Solved] "Windows could not configure one or..." error.

upgrade

ok i can create the iso not but now i get this error everytime using vmware or virtualbox i changed setting and still its the same isit an update i shuldnt have intigrated of something all i did was all updates x86 and x64 few reg tweaks extra gadgets and images .net 4 slim silent installer and redistributables please help me i got no idea how to fix this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/snap3d.png/

I've made this into a new topic as it's a different issue than the other topic. Try just installing Windows with just updates and no reg tweaks, additions, images, etc... Thanks :)

I will have to look at this in the morning as it's getting a bit late now.

EDIT: I think other people had this issue. If anyone else does have this issue, then please feel free to join in this topic.

I've made this into a new topic as it's a different issue than the other topic. Try just installing Windows with just updates and no reg tweaks, additions, images, etc... Thanks :)

I will have to look at this in the morning as it's getting a bit late now.

EDIT: I think other people had this issue. If anyone else does have this issue, then please feel free to join in this topic.

Ok thanks alot man i really appreciate your help ill get testing it then let you know.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention i did choose a custom setup background witch never showed upon installing as you can see from the screenshots.

Do you think it could be something to do with this ?

Edited by upgrade

OK just made a x64 ULTIMATE disk with ALL updates from mcrip and nothing else then i get that error so its something to do with the updates...

also same problem with x86 whith old AIO image so seems like its an update just not sure witch one any fast way of sieving through the 400 and something there are ? lol

Edited by upgrade

VPC in the Additional folder will not work in a virtual machine. Windows refuses to continue installing the os.

Additionaly there is an update in the Additional folder which requires a prerequisite or Windows refuses to continue installing...

http://hotfix2.cesidian.info/x64/Additional/KB2506143.Windows.Management.Framework.3.0.CTP/Prerequisite.txt

Cheers

That's why the folder is called Additional.

I would recommend to integrate the main updates only and then to install the Addional folder if needed after installing Windows. Because not everybody has enabled all features like me.

I will add a readme file later on when my hotfix scan has finished...

Edited by McRip

That's why the folder is called Additional.

I would recommend to integrate the main updates only and then to install the Addional folder if needed after installing Windows. Because not everybody has enabled all features like me.

I agree but people add them anyway even without knowing what they are doing :(

I will add a readme file later on when my hotfix scan has finished...

Ok thanks, i've just sent you a link with some updates. How does the scanning work? Just curious, feel free to PM me that answer :)

Thanks for the update McRip i debated trying to install properly i had a hunch it could be something like that, but i ony have one machine so if it didnt work i couldnt risk it lol allways need one that works.

and Legolash2o ur new update will make sure they install after preventing this error ?

Thanks McRip for the info i did debate installing normally as i had a feeling it could be just in VM, but i have no test machine atm so i couldn't be bothered if it didn't work to install windows again lol.

Thanks, i will add them all to the exceptions list so they will be installed after Windows installation.

EDIT: It might be worth making a small readme.txt file in the VPC folder to warn users of this issue :)

So ur new update will make them install after preventing this error in VM ?

I tried with virtualbox and vmware both were the same then i changed the 2 settings that were suggested in virtualbox witch solved the reboot issue but then i got this error an in vmware i never had original reboot issue just this one