KB2685811 and KB2685813

McRip

"Refresh" is referring to the new SP1 iso released last year 2011

Not using that one. For some reason that one has an earlier build date that one from my Windows 7 DVD and my DVD is older than the refreshed one. I will post the dates. I can't remember the refresh one right off.

Build dates shouldn't matter, rather the version numbers of the individual files, and if one has any "extra" files of course. If they are the same, then the iso's should be equivalent.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Build dates shouldn't matter, rather the version numbers of the individual files, and if one has any "extra" files of course. If they are the same, then the iso's should be equivalent.

Cheers and Regards

I am with you but from what I been reading the two updates included in the refresh iso is not really needed, correct?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not entirely clear on the conclusion of this topic. Are KB2685811 and KB2685813 still an issue? Or can they be safely integrated without any adverse effects?

Well, both things I'm going to say now are related to users that download your app but don't read all the threads here, so having warnings / hotfix tweaks in your app that are automatically selected when some hotfixes are added in AIO would help them alot. Hope you'll see I'm not asking this for me.

for anyone who reads this post, I have two warnings:

1. KB2685811 and KB2685813 may generate issues even if installed in LDR mode. I'm strongly recommending NOT to install them, as they're not important updates

Edited by dotfusion