Problem starting RunOnce in Win7 x64

© KEiGHT

This topic has been split from this one - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12184-installer-bug-14385-6-9/

Hi Lego,

I don't know if this bug the same is as here:

I get always at the end of the install-process (RunOnce Installer) this error

ihrvym3ykyux.jpg  t65vgh6af167.jpg

no matter if on VM or real hardware.

With 1.4.38.4 no issue (RunOnce Installer is version 1.4.37.16)

Thiersee

Did you've added other updates till then ?

Edited by © KEiGHT
split topic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which updates?

Post #3 is after patch-day 13.05.2014, i.e. I've integrated the actual patches FROM WU.

After that all tests wiith WTK 1.4.38.5, 1.4.39.6 and 1.4.38.9 have the issue!

Yesterday and today I installed at least 10 times my Win7 Pro x64, both in Italian and German, on real hardware and VM (VirtualBox).

With the other versions, 1.4.38.4, 1.4.38.7 and 1.4.38.8 NO ISSUE!

I integrate WU-patches only, plus .NET-FW 4.5.2 plus TeamViewer.

That's what I'm talking about ! Updates create issues for Wintoolkit !

In version x64 after I added updates, RunOnce don't want to start anymore !

All updates and Drivers or addons are ok , but only RunOnce don't !

Edited by © KEiGHT

I use windows update downloader. anyways i have had this problem. there are 3 updates that don't like to install and it wrecks the run once. if you put them into the run once it works fine. i'l upload the file later contain the updates. the last one that would work for me is test 8.

Edited by John Bruce Nicholson

I use windows update downloader. anyways i have had this problem. there are 3 updates that don't like to install and it wrecks the run once. if you put them into the run once it works fine. i'l upload the file later contain the updates. the last one that would work for me is test 8.

WUD is not WUD ;)!

It depends on, what updates you download (UL-Lists!).

Updates have the blame in x64 for sure, because when I added some updates from may 2014 ... RunOnce cannot start !

here is the list 

add these updates to the run once and it should work

attachicon.gifDON'T ADD.txt

So, to add, or not ? :P

KB2607047 = x86

KB2912390 = x86 & x64

KB2835174 = x86

We only need for x64, in x86 version, all is fine !

As you may see up there, we are talking about x64 version, do you have any clues of them too ? :)

Edited by © KEiGHT

KB2607047 = x86

KB2912390 = x86 & x64

KB2835174 = x86

I need for only x64, in x86 version, all is fine !

As you may see up there, we are talking about x64 version, do you have any clues of them too ? :)

They are all for x86 & x64:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=2607047; do you really need Update for the DFS Replication (DFSR) Management?

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=2912390

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=2835174; do you really need an update for the Polish version of Win7?

Thiersee

if i add them to my updates list in the updates section the run once doesn't run at start up. If i add them to the silent installers the run once works. I for some reason my computer wants all of the updates in the don't add txt. I use win 7 pro 64 bit English.

© KEiGHT, I'm not sure I understand what your link to "How to remove a via Offline Servicing installed Software Update" has to do with this thread?  Sorry but I'm confused.

EVERYONE, At Lego's request, and to help him keep track of which bugs have been fixed and which ones still need to be addressed, please start a new thread for each unique bug and keep all discussion in that thread on topic and only discuss that bug.  If a different bug is involved please start a new thread.

Cheers and Regards

It was for removing an integrated update, already included in the build ! never mind, you can delete it if it's not allowed in here  ! :)

even without that update, still doesn't work !

have a nice Monday !

Edited by © KEiGHT

@Cartman586, You have been warned before. Please do not make the same post in multiple threads about the same topic. Pick one thread per topic and post about that topic only in that one thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

Cheers and Regards

Look what I found :

There are several registry keys that allow an application to launch once, normally for some kind of initial setup process:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunonceEx

These keys are frequently used by malware. To increase security, commands set to execute in these keys don't run when a normal user logs on—only when an administrator logs on, per this Microsoft Article. If you want a process to run for a normal user, consider using a scheduled task.

This will occur if you log on with a Standard User Account.

So, WinToolkitRunOnce.exe, must run As Administrator !

Edited by © KEiGHT

FINALLY !

check this out ! and do as I do !

I've copied WinToolkitRunOnce.exe and his configuration file WinToolkitRunOnce.exe.config to SysWOW64 folder and at properties under tab Compabilities I've checked Run As Administrator !

then I've added this entry in registry !

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"!0WinToolkit"="WinToolkitRunOnce.exe"

and... voila !

fpchoy.png