Problem starting RunOnce in Win7 x64

© KEiGHT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above post has errors

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow64\Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"WinToolkit"="WinToolkitRunOnce.exe"

Do NOT correct anything, do as you see there, just copy ! !0=order ! do NOT modify !

btw, you have windows with that key  Wow64\Node ? instead of Wow6432Node ?

oh. really ? :) in which language is your windows 7 ?

Edited by © KEiGHT

in Russian

Hi there Russia :)

It works for you with that key ? maybe in your language is wow64\Node but the subkey works without "!0" ? I only work in language of Shakespeare :D

Now I understand, but should not make Liam then solved?

Of course, Liam will find a solution, I just find the right path of that entry which work for our architecture x64 :)

I am pretty sure, he'll find the right solution !

Just a couple of question to  Cartman586 and @KEiGHT regarding your problem with RunOnce not starting:

1) do you install win7 with an autounattend.xml and you enabled an autologon in it?

2) if yes, which kind of user is enabled for the autologon (administrator or normal user)?

Why do I ask this?

Because I can confirm what @KEiGHT said in post #22: WinToolkitRunOnce must run as Administrator!

I made just a test installation where the autologon-user is NOT the administrator and, not considering the other problem from this thread,

the WinToolkit RunOnce DID NOT START!

With Administrator as Autologon no problem!

Regards, Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

LOL, I found in my next release Run As Administrator checked on WinToolkitRunOnce.exe ! :owned:
How is that ? :)) It's maybe because I do this ?

on WinToolkit.exe click-right and I click at Compatibility > Change settings for all users / Run as Administrator ? :)

And it's working babe ! :dancing: conclusion: Doing that, Parent > WinToolkit , Child > WinToolkitRunOnce

20fxglx.png

Take Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 you can delete Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 ;-)

The newest Java Enviroment Version are 8.0.50, you can delte Version 7 ;-)

And by visual c++ you Need only the x86 ;-)

x64 make no effect (the same) as integrated in the Windows 7 ISO Refresh Media from Microsoft

Edited by Cartman586

He-he, man, each of them , have their own purpose for future installations of different software which would require a special version !

For example: Firefox 29 requires and work fine with version 1.7 of java not 1.8(it's not supported yet in x86, only on x64 version of waterfox )

Higher version is not really the best solution, Every version of .NET has it's special features ! :)

regarding visual c++ in windows x64 we have 2 folders with program files ! in windows 2 folders with system 32/64

Edited by © KEiGHT

Take Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 you can delete Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 ;-)

He-he, man, each of them , have their own purpose for future installations of different software which would require a special version !

... Every version of .NET has it's special features ! :)

© KEiGHT, while you are correct in general, in this case, assuming installation in a Win7 system, you might be mistaken. Higher number versions of .NET 4.5.x completely replaces all lower number versions of .NET 4.x.x. So unless you plan to install to XP, where .NET 4.0 can function and .NET 4.5.x cannot, or you are aware of some software that works with .NET 4.0 and doesn't work with .NET 4.5.x, then in this case I agree with Cartman586 that .NET 4.0 is not necessary. This behavior is different than it was with .NET 3.5.x and earlier where each main prior version, such as 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 was an independent entity, and certain software might depend on one particular version, so you had to install them all.  And since installing .NET usually takes awhile, this will also save you some installation time.

Cheers and Regqards

Folks probably forget that, as I did.  Maybe there could be a popup, which could be blocked in options but default is to enable, either after RunOnce has run, or when RunOnce is set up, to ask if it would be OK to send the log?  Don't know if that would work, but there's got to be a way to remind/encourage folks to send the logs, is they would be of help to you.

Cheers and Regards

on WinToolkit.exe click-right and click at Compatibility > Change settings for all users / Run as Administrator and will set directly Run As... inside Install.wim for WinToolkitRunOnce.exe!

That registry of RunOnce is protected by Windows and without full-rights , can't be executed !

Edited by © KEiGHT