include drivers, but remove unused after install?

matthewtoye

Hey everyone.. I am incorporating driver packs into my install image so it makes it easier to re image computers when i do my repairs for others.It just simplifies things.. thing is, it makes the installation about 30+ gigs rather than the normal 10 - 15 gigs. is there a way to only use the drivers it needs, then remove the extra ones after installation?

Thanks in advance!

Yes there is a way. Don't integrate them into the image.

Only integrate chipset, mass storage and maybe USB3 if you need it.

All the rest of drivers should be placed in a folder called "Drivers" in the root of the install media. The installer will scan the folder and only the needed drivers will be installed.

Do as suggested above, except move all of the non-integrated drivers to their own DVD.  Over at the driverpacks website, there is a solution for an all inclusive install media that will install only what your computer needs.  (It uses a batch file to scan your drivers and only add those that need to be added.)

Do as suggested above, except move all of the non-integrated drivers to their own DVD.  Over at the driverpacks website, there is a solution for an all inclusive install media that will install only what your computer needs.  (It uses a batch file to scan your drivers and only add those that need to be added.)

are you referring to driverpack solution?  http://driverpacks.net/docs/driverpack-solution

Yes there is a way. Don't integrate them into the image.

Only integrate chipset, mass storage and maybe USB3 if you need it.

All the rest of drivers should be placed in a folder called "Drivers" in the root of the install media. The installer will scan the folder and only the needed drivers will be installed.

where is usb3 located?  i am looking at http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/latest but I don't see a specific usb listing.  is it under misc?

Edited by ccl0

are you referring to driverpack solution?  http://driverpacks.net/docs/driverpack-solution

I thought he was referring to SAD2.

Cheers and Regards

bphlpt was right, I was referring to the "SAD2" method.  It allows leaving the drivers or deleting them after completing.  I have used this method myself, and it seems to work well.

You still integrate the basic drivers storage & chipset drivers, but everything else is put on the separate updatable disk/usb.