[Request] Addon Vista Images for XP OOBE

kontini

I have searched and I've not found addons that cointain Vista oobe images (overall buttons during oobe session). There's an addon existing or can anybody create it? Thanks

This is a list of the files to include (refer to i386 folder):

backdown.jp_

backoff.jp_

backover.jp_

backup.jp_

btn1.gi_

btn2.gi_

btn3.gi_

greenshd.gi_

monitor2.gi_

monitor.gi_

mslogo.jp_

newbtm1.jp_

newbtm8.jp_

newmark1.jp_

newmark8.jp_

newtop1.jp_

newtop8.jp_

nextdown.jp_

nextoff.jp_

nextover.jp_

nextup.jp_

prodkey.gi_

redshd.gi_

setup_w.bm_

skipdown.jp_

skipoff.jp_

skipover.jp_

skipup.jp_

wpaback.jp_

wpabtm.jp_

wpatop.jp_

Edited by kontini

these 2 files are the backround images,depending if u have ure video drivers installed and the set resolution.

newmark1.jpg is for 1024x768 resolutions

newmark8.jpg is for defaut 640x480 resolutions

u can even add ure own personal intro video(INTRO.WM_),it has to be 7 secons long,after that the music(TITLE.WM_) will kick in.NOTE that the cabed wma audio file must be encoded in widnows media audio codec 7 or maybe in v.9x but NOT in pro or lossless.must not have DRM.the video can be prety much in any quality and in any wmv codec.

its normal that u havint found vista oobe images as vista dosent really have an oobe.

one thing to remember ,ucannot put any image as u have to keep in mind that there is writing and stuff,certain picture can make it very hard to see whats written....i have a picture maybe u guys will like for the oobe backround...

chek attached file...this picture is acctualy from the longonui.exe i use u can see on the 2nd attachment.post-1416-1191690362_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1191696245_thumb.jpg

Edited by bober

• 5 months later...
I want to re-open this request... anybody plz

I found one on MSFN but its not that complete and I don't like the intro

http://www.msfn.org/board/OOBE-vista-xp-t106415.html

are the files listed ones that exist on the Vista DVD's? or would they need to be pulled from a vista install? or -shudder- made using screenshots and photo editing....

TechnoHunter

i think ill be able to check ure new oobe images and make sum screen shots.ill be back in an hour or 2..

edit: i have to restart from scratch,an addon is breaking my installation.hopefully ill have sum scrennies by 2night .

edit2:rick do you have entries thant launches the win setup with the old style?

post-1416-1208045549_thumb.png

Edited by bober

the screenie i made in my last post is caused by ure v'iso tool,ure new build is the culprit.

so here are the results for the oobe addon u made,appart from the fact u ommited to edit the newmark1.jpg picture all seems ok(newmark1.jpg is for 1024x768 resolutions and

newmark8.jpg is for defaut 640x480 resolutions).the only thing in need of adjustment would be the "unclickable"

buttons when fields are required.

post-1416-1208134178_thumb.jpg

Edited by bober