XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

What's Changed in v1.4.5.1:

- Updated resources to batch v1.4.5.1.

- Modified Page 4 code to add kernel files to internal array.

- Installation Page 7 (Install Finished) renamed to Page 8.

- Integration Page 7 (ISO Creation) renamed simply to Page 7.

- Removed timer and "view log" button from Page 7, "next" button goes to Page 8.

- Completed "/INTEGRATE" command-line switch.

- Modified each page so that the GUI builds all information prior to beginning patching.

- Made changes to reflect changes to batch file version. (see above post)

Note: I'll update the GUI with the updated files once I get them.

What's Changed in v1.4.5.2:

- Updated resources to batch v1.4.5.2.

- No files to patch within CAB file now posts a message in the log instead of aborting with error.

EDIT: Updated first post to reflect changes made to the GUI. Please note that "About XP Theme Source Patcher..." link in bottom-left corner will pull up an "About" window when the code is complete. That string will be shown in every version past this one.

I finally figured out why the patcher was giving me an error after patching a live system and rebooting. Turns out the CABLITE.DLL wasn't copied to the proper location..... Copying it to that location makes the program work without the error message.

Looks like 7 beta is going and back to XP for me, been a couple months and I have not been following this awesome project. I love V'ISO :) now XPtsp

I am just wondering why the GUI version is a lot smaller than the Batch version ??

I do appreciate WinRARS drag and drop feature. So I totally droped Windows and moved over to Ubuntu, coupld months later coming back and I am curious to see what changes have been made to this most wonderful project. One just cannot live without V'ISO/XPtsp

When I started on the GUI project, my website space was only about 100mb total. So with space at a premium, I decided to use a different method. 7zip was great at compressing stuff, but with my 2.4GHz P4 w/ 768mb RAM, it took forever. Then Comcast upgraded the webspace to 1GB, and I got a better computer. Compressing 210mb of data takes my computer approximately 55 seconds, so WinRAR's ability to add files easily became less of a reason for me to stick with WinRAR. After all, when compressing stuff takes such a short period of time, then space can take the front seat.... in my opinion.

What's Changed in v1.4.5.3:

- Added about link to bottom-left corner of pages 1 thru 5.

- Added back the code to delete resources as specified in the batch version.

- Removed cursors from USER32.DLL.RES.

- Copied CABLITE.DLL during Live Install to avoid error during next reboot.

- Added code to allow user to change color of boot screen in Page 5.

- Added code to allow user to change Task Manager theme in Page 5.

NOTE: Screenshots for Task Manager are not available yet. I've also updated the screenshot for Page 5. You can see it in the first post.

What's Changed in v1.4.5.4:

- Re-removed cursors from USER32.DLL.RES. Somehow they didn't get removed properly....

- Added Task Manager screenshots for the GUI preview (Page 5)

- Adjusted preview windows so that no title is shown in either window.

- Fixed small bug in bootscreen preview so that it works properly.

- Added code before Page 1 for language selection. Doesn't matter because multi-language support isn't present.

- Code modified so that Live Patching is the default if no i386 folder exists where the SFX is executed from.

- Wrote the "About XPtsp" code, link found in bottom-left corner of Pages 1 thru 5.

- Added "/TASKMGR:[n]" switch to select Task Manager color scheme. ([n] is color scheme)

- Added "/BOOTSCR:[n]" switch to select bootscreen color scheme. ([n] is color scheme)

- Added "/LANG:[n]" switch to select languages. ([n] is language desired)

:please: dougiefresh can you place for me only updated file

i download xptsp v1.4.5.3 after 1day updated to v1.4.5.4

i using 56kbps conection :( :crying_anim02:

its smallupdater

in xptsp v1.4.5.3

and when uncheck bootscreen&TASKMGR for dont patching when click next see preview bootscreen and TASKMGR

and when uncheck bootscreen or TASKMGR see preview bootscreen and TASKMGR page

Edited by mona

very many thanks

if it possibility place updated file for each update xptsp

edit:in XPtsp GUI v1.4.5.4

when i want see preview Task Manager see this and dont closepost-7011-1235959697_thumb.png

Edited by mona

I know about the Page 5 issues with bootscreen and taskmanager scheme selection. I should have them fixed with the next release.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot to include the Task Manager screenshots. Please redownload the XPtsp.7z file referenced 2 posts ago.

EDIT2: Added at bottom of first post a section for "those on a slow internet connection".

I know about the Page 5 issues with bootscreen and taskmanager scheme selection. I should have them fixed with the next release.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot to include the Task Manager screenshots. Please redownload the XPtsp.7z file referenced 2 posts ago.

and why you placed DriveSpace.exe and DrvSpace.exe

in Misc\SVCPACK

Edited by mona

Um.... I think DriveSpace.exe was supposed to replace DrvSpace.exe. It just didn't get named properly.....

i uncheck msc section and patch current pc but get this error:

post-7011-1236006962.png

I understand that not replacing MSC files somehow causes that error. What do I do to reproduce that error? (Please tell me how you got to that error screen. It is assumed that the patching has been completed.)