Windows 7 Antivirus or Internet Security.

MANIKANT.S.GUPTA

Which Antivirus or Internet Security you are using.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. On Which Antivirus or internet Security you Trust for Windows 7.

• Kaspersky Antivirus or Internet Security.
    • Avg 8.5 Antivirus or Internet Security.
    • Bullguard Internet Security.
    • F-Secure Internet Security.
    • Norton Internet Security
    • Panda Internet Security.
    • Mcafee Internet Security.
    • Trend Micro Internet Security.
    • Webroot Internet Security.
    • G-Data Internet Scurity.
    • Eset Nod32 Security.
    • Others. (Please mention in the post).

Guys, i am very much confused and worried which Antivirus or Internet security to use in my Windows 7, I am really worried about this, Right now i am using Avg Internet Security 8.5, In Windows Vista or Windows XP i was using Bitdefender Total Security and was very much Satisfied with it, But it's having Compatility issue in Windows 7. I had tried installing the latest Beta Bitdefender total security for windows 7, But if often crashes so i have uninstalled it and Now iam using Avg Internet Security 2009.

So please help me by making Vote to make my Windows 7 Secure.

Please also mention in the post so i can have a look which members is using which Antivirus or Internet Security.

Thanks.

Edited by MANIKANT.S.GUPTA

Now, how did you forget the most known Eset Nod32?

I'm using it since it's very soft on system resources and also very fast in detection.

Although I have to say that recently I was experiencing computer freezes so I've uninstalled it just yesterday and now I don't have any protection until I move to Win 7. I'll probably use Nod32 again, since I have an active license for it.

I've installed AVG on my friend's PC and I can say it's pure trash. It was reporting some files which were not in the system at all. Full paths were non-existent.

For a free AV, I'd be safer with Avast.

Now, how did you forget the most known Eset Nod32?

I'm using it since it's very soft on system resources and also very fast in detection.

Although I have to say that recently I was experiencing computer freezes so I've uninstalled it just yesterday and now I don't have any protection until I move to Win 7. I'll probably use Nod32 again, since I have an active license for it.

I've installed AVG on my friend's PC and I can say it's pure trash. It was reporting some files which were not in the system at all. Full paths were non-existent.

For a free AV, I'd be safer with Avast.

Thanks don't know how i had forget to add Eset Nod32.

Now i had added Eset Nod32 option.

Yes i am also getting false Warning, that's why i am really worried for my Windows 7.

Edited by MANIKANT.S.GUPTA

ESET received mostly positive comments regarding its compatibility with Windows 7 in beta and RC stages, moreover, many users recommend it as the best security solution for this new operating system. It's working pretty well, although developers do not officially state it is compatible with Windows 7.

Most applications that are written and work with WIndows Vista will work on Windows 7 without any issues, but I'm sure that Eset will release a Windows 7 version of Nod32 before new operating system reaches shops in October.

ESET received mostly positive comments regarding its compatibility with Windows 7 in beta and RC stages, moreover, many users recommend it as the best security solution for this new operating system. It's working pretty well, although developers do not officially state it is compatible with Windows 7.

Most applications that are written and work with WIndows Vista will work on Windows 7 without any issues, but I'm sure that Eset will release a Windows 7 version of Nod32 before new operating system reaches shops in October.

Thanks for the info on Eset Nod32, Definitely i will give a try to Nod32.

i`m using Nod32 for win 7 and i`m happy to say

it's working perfect

it's fast doesn't make any problems with 7

so i give my vote for Nod32

i`m using Nod32 for win 7 and i`m happy to say

it's working perfect

it's fast doesn't make any problems with 7

so i give my vote for Nod32

Thanks for voting, But there are two version "ESET Smart Security 4" and "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4".

So for which version i should go.

Thanks for voting, But there are two version "ESET Smart Security 4" and "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4".

So for which version i should go.

Depends on whether you need firewall and anti-spam filter.

Microsoft Outlook has good enough spam/junk filter so I do not need the one from Eset.

As for the firewall, I'm using hardware/router firewall along with Vista firewall. So, I don't need a firewall from Eset.

Nod32 Antivirus has anti-virus and anti-spyware protection which is enough for my needs.

Depends on whether you need firewall and anti-spam filter.

Microsoft Outlook has good enough spam/junk filter so I do not need the one from Eset.

As for the firewall, I'm using hardware/router firewall along with Vista firewall. So, I don't need a firewall from Eset.

Nod32 Antivirus has anti-virus and anti-spyware protection which is enough for my needs.

Thanks for quick reply, Right now Purchasing.

Guest snakecracker

I'm not using any Anti-Virus... :)

I don't need it :S

I haven't had Anti-virus on any of my computers for over a few years now...

even on my old system!!

I'm weird. LOL

I voted ESET because I was testing both ESS as well as Symantec Endpoint Protection and ESET was better on Win7. SEP had installation problems which have been worked out with the latest maintenance release/patch.

I've been using SEP for over a year now on Vista with zero problems. But I still think ESET is better. I just get SEP for free from work, I'm a cheapskate! :)

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

I'm not using any Anti-Virus... :)

I don't need it :S

I haven't had Anti-virus on any of my computers for over a few years now...

even on my old system!!

I'm weird. LOL

No security. Remind me not to let you send me anything. LMAO. Joking