Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 3 (Karmic Koala) .. Released

pri2sh

Yet another version of ubuntu is released. It look really graphical and seem like it's theme is changed. Final Stable version is supposed to be released in late October this year. And pidgen is replaced with empathy. Plus there are some new changes and features

ubuntu910alpha3-small_011.png

Kubuntu Screenshot

ubuntu910alpha3-large_008.jpg

Kubuntu seem really great and taskbar seem like of windows 7 superbar ( people says 7 has copied this from KDE)

Last time i used v8.10 and it was not that much stable and there was several bug and my screen was also flickering.

I hope all this bugs are fixed on this

The Karmic Koala Release Schedule:

May 14th, 2009 - Alpha 1 release

June 11th, 2009 - Alpha 2 release

July 23rd, 2009 - Alpha 3 release

August 13th, 2009 - Alpha 4 release

September 3rd, 2009 - Alpha 5 release

September 17th, 2009 - Alpha 6 release

October 1st, 2009 - Beta release

October 22nd, 2009 - Release Candidate

October 29th, 2009 - Final release of Ubuntu 9.10

There should be some place for non windows OS i think and this is just a news... I run Ubuntu as my secondary OS

No harm from the news, and if there'll be enough interest we'll have a linux subforum.

Guest snakecracker

I've been running linux for a long time as my second OS but have not been using it for some time now.... stopping what i used to do.

Also sounds good to me for a Non-Windows OS Subforum N1K. :) I know a few things on linux.... ;) But how many people do use linux on the forums? :g: Could just be wasting server space.. :unsure:

Guest snakecracker

We'd first need at least two users to run the forum in the means of moderation, posting useful stuff, like tips and tricks etc, to get the forum going.

I'll be able to dig some stuff up and a few things around if that will help out?

Like how to do this, that, etc..

I have both Ubuntu and Puppy running from within Windows at this time. I can say that before 7 will ever grace my PC, Ubuntu will likely be the OS of choice. Fir now I scream "Long live XP pro" the best Micro$oft ever came out with