Enabling a hibernate?

Dissscount

Open Power Options to change the advanced power settings, and expand Sleep and Hibernate after.

To Enable Hibernation set the Setting (Minutes) to how many minutes your computer is inactive for before hibernating, then click on OK.

Guest snakecracker

~I want to know, how to enable Hibernate...

Well I did this to enable hibernate.

Go into Power Options then look on the left side and you'll see: Control Panel Home, Require a password on wakeup, Choose what the power buttons do, etc. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.

Then Look at the drop down box that says Sleep. click on the and it should have Hibernate in there.

If it is not there then bring up cmd. (type it in the serach in the start menu) ALSO run as admin!!

And then type this in: powercfg -h on

then go back to choose what the power buttons do and it should be there.

Well I did this to enable hibernate.

Go into Power Options then look on the left side and you'll see: Control Panel Home, Require a password on wakeup, Choose what the power buttons do, etc. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.

Then Look at the drop down box that says Sleep. click on the and it should have Hibernate in there.

If it is not there then bring up cmd. (type it in the serach in the start menu) ALSO run as admin!!

And then type this in: powercfg -h on

then go back to choose what the power buttons do and it should be there.

Thank you, but i have more "better" problem, when i hibernate it, PC just restarts, Then i see Restoring Windows(like it should be), but how to make it Hibernate-and-shut-up?

Then I presume the problem could be in outdated BIOS firmware.

Check this:

Outdated system firmware

If the system firmware (BIOS) is out of date and you do not upgrade the system firmware to the latest version, problems may occur, especially on ACPI-compliant systems. If you are not sure whether your system is using Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) features, go to the "How to determine whether a computer is using ACPI features" section. To resolve this issue on an ACPI-compliant system, you can upgrade to the latest version. To do this, contact the system manufacturer for available upgrades.

For x86-based systems that are equipped with an APM-based (non-ACPI) BIOS, you can disable APM temporarily until you obtain a firmware update. This configuration may also eliminate startup problems, such as instability and Stop error messages.

Then I presume the problem could be in outdated BIOS firmware.

Check this:

Outdated system firmware

If the system firmware (BIOS) is out of date and you do not upgrade the system firmware to the latest version, problems may occur, especially on ACPI-compliant systems. If you are not sure whether your system is using Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) features, go to the "How to determine whether a computer is using ACPI features" section. To resolve this issue on an ACPI-compliant system, you can upgrade to the latest version. To do this, contact the system manufacturer for available upgrades.

For x86-based systems that are equipped with an APM-based (non-ACPI) BIOS, you can disable APM temporarily until you obtain a firmware update. This configuration may also eliminate startup problems, such as instability and Stop error messages.

I never updated my BIOS, cuz i dunno how to...ASUS P5V-VM-SE-DH is my bios mummy, so please assist!