Interesting prolem with ATi 9600

Dissscount

Hello,

My friend have *old* PC with ATi RADEON 9600 (agp)

I updated her PC with latest drivers, but after restarting, the screen flickers with blue, buggy lines (I think it's Welcome screen :sweatingbullets: ) So i fastly rebooted and went to Last Known GC and it fixed it ! But anyways, why this happens?

Ati Catalyst Driver

Version - 10.2
Operating System(s) - Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition
Products Supported:

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.

The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

Version 10.1 works perfectly...Flickering is common problem when OVERclocking the card to impossible clocks in Memory... It happens when i RivaTuner(ed) it to reccommended defaults ( Card factory - 180 MhZ , "Reccommended" - 250+ !!! ) I thought RivaTuner gone crazy :D .. Maybe this is the problem? ( with the memory clock)

Edited by Dissscount

Well, not really. The difference between 8.56.*** and 8.561.*** is just a minor bugfix, not even a revision.

etc.

So while 8.593.100 should work fine, in your test, it doesn't. So trash it.

I don't trust the output of "driver genius".

• 3 months later...

Hello,

My friend have *old* PC with ATi RADEON 9600 (agp)

I updated her PC with latest drivers, but after restarting, the screen flickers with blue, buggy lines (I think it's Welcome screen :sweatingbullets: ) So i fastly rebooted and went to Last Known GC and it fixed it ! But anyways, why this happens?

Version 10.1 works perfectly...Flickering is common problem when OVERclocking the card to impossible clocks in Memory... It happens when i RivaTuner(ed) it to reccommended defaults ( Card factory - 180 MhZ , "Reccommended" - 250+ !!! ) I thought RivaTuner gone crazy :D .. Maybe this is the problem? ( with the memory clock)

I have a Ati 9600 and works fine with 10.2 driver. the card is heating up?

Edited by ultravy