Silent Install Error

Wyatt

First...I want to say that I used Windows t Toolkit 1.0.2.36 - and all worked out really great! - except for one integration in particular - Internet Explorer 9. I used the same silent switch command I always have elsewhere that worked out (/quiet /update-no /norestart) but for some reason, its not installing at all upon final OS installation, remains IE 8. This was a x64 bit Win7 also, and used x64 IE original installer plus switch command, so I assume rest of Wim's same failure. Is there a better switch to use within the toolkit? or is there an actual addon already set to go that will install completely? I only had that one fail - .Net Framework 4.0 Client and Silverlight 4 worked out with original installers & switch commands tho. Just wanted to get a grip on this one issue before compiling Wims again.

Only other minor issue is that custom setup screen chosen goes away about mid-install (reverts to default again) and desktop custom background doesn't apply either - again same x64 Win7 integration/install...beats me why that happens...?

Other than those couple of issues,I was impressed how precise the toolkit finalized the OS customization, and especially the full editing and merging of Wims, really cool & powerful tool for those of us who are in pursuit of own "libraries" of setups with Win7...and since Win 8 is on the horizon, kinda great to seal them up in prep for the next phaze of MS.

Anyway...any helpful input on the matter is appreciated! Thanks!

Only other minor issue is that custom setup screen chosen goes away about mid-install (reverts to default again) and desktop custom background doesn't apply either - again same x64 Win7 integration/install...beats me why that happens...?

Yeah it's best to directly integrate IE9, i will look into the issue above.