Remove old updates from download folder

ianymaty

Currently (14.01.2012) there are 289 updares for Windows 7 x64 SP1 shown by the program at SoLoR updates to download but my folder contains a lot more and so the others...

This was accumulated over time by downloading the new released updates when neded so there are a lot of them that are already supperseded by others but still in the folder.

Now as I understand that for an updated installation disc you only need to integrate the current list of SoLoR than you don't want to integrate 400+ updates instead of currently 289 updates according to the list.

Can you make the program to remove the old updates according to SoLoR's update list?

I'm thinking that it can be done and I know it implies a lot of work to be done so you can pass it to the next version.

Now I will explain a little how I visualize this:

You already have a folder structure for the downloads. You can also enhance the folder structure and download the additional updates available at SoLoR /Windows.7/Additions/ and put them in a subfolder.

When this is done you can make the program to scan the subfolder and offer what's there, the user having an option to integrate or not from what is there. Also the download of the Additions would be optional in order to not take unnecesary space if someone don't want them.

In this way the program scans the folders as it does now to determin what's needed according to the list and removing from the download folder the obsolete ones and download only the missing ones.

I don't know if all the Additions are integratable as is but since it's a short list you can filter/block them out and maybe provide some hint how to deal with its integration.

Ok just made it so that any currently know additions will get put in an 'Additions' folder and i have also made it so that any update which you currently have which is not available on SoLoR updates server which automatically get put in an 'Old' folder.

Hope that helps...

Yeah, it helps a lot.

I'd rather wipe them out automaticaly but it's ok to put them in Old folder, I can empty that filder manualy anytime.

Maybe you have a point to just move them to Old folder. It's fine with me.

Thank you.

Edited by ianymaty