additional utility for w7t

adminxp

the latest version of W7T is possible to read x86 and x64.txt files while building driver list.

i am asking if is it possible to make small utility that will create such files (x86.txt x64.txt) by pressing hot keys (while program runs) in folders with drivers?

or u can suggest other way to do what i want?

I'm don't understand what you want. Can you give an example?

Cheers and Regards

I have thousands folders with drivers in them. Some of the drivers architecture are not beeing detected correctly (for example trying to integrate x64 driver instead of x86). W7T has additional mechanism to force detecting driver archtecture by putting x86.txt or x64.txt files in driver folder.

So i want to have ability to create such files faster and easier.

nowaday i just make TXT file and copy it to driver folder each time. i want to do it by pressing hot keys while running "special utility"

Edited by adminxp

I'm aware of the x86.txt and x64.txt thing however, just add them to the drivers list like normal and click start. They don't get integrated differently...

i told u - sometimes W7T does not detect architecture correctly - and could integrate x64 driver, instead of x86 (if both folders with x64 and x86 drivers were selected) and visa-versa.

So i am forced to put x86\x64.txt files in it to make W7T working correctly.

TXT files - is very useful and simple mechanism to tell W7T what to do. IT solved many-many problems in driver integration proccess for me.

Edited by adminxp

You are not understanding what I mean, add the drivers you would normally, obviously remove the ones you know are not the correct architecture. When integrating W7T does not check what version of windows they are for, they all get integrated the same.

I repeat w7t does not look at a driver when integrating, the x86, x64 or Mix value is literally just for guidance so the user has an idea of what the driver could be.

Ideally you could upload some of the drivers which are read incorrectly and keep your x86 drivers separate from your x64 ones.

You are not understanding what I mean, add the drivers you would normally, obviously remove the ones you know are not the correct architecture. When integrating W7T does not check what version of windows they are for, they all get integrated the same.

I repeat w7t does not look at a driver when integrating, the x86, x64 or Mix value is literally just for guidance so the user has an idea of what the driver could be.

Ideally you could upload some of the drivers which are read incorrectly and keep your x86 drivers separate from your x64 ones.

its impossible to filter wrong drivers in the list of 2500 drivers - manually.

it double impossible to do every time i add drivers.

there is no any problem if driver folders marked my TXT files.

Edited by adminxp

• 3 weeks later...