"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000

"FilterAdministratorToken"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]

"UacDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell]

@="none"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\DevMgr]

@="Administrador de Dispositivos"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\DevMgr\command]

@="mmc /s devmgmt.msc"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\DiskMgmt]

@="Administrador de Discos"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\DiskMgmt\command]

@="mmc /s diskmgmt.msc"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Add/Remove Programs]

@="Desinstalar Programas"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Add/Remove Programs\command]

@="control appwiz.cpl"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell]

@="none"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Windows Update]

"Icon"=hex(2):77,00,75,00,63,00,6c,00,74,00,75,00,78,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,\

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Windows Update\command]

@="wuapp.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]

"ShowStatus"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]

@="Abrir CMD aquí"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]

@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\""

the key for disable Language Bar not import to registry...

When Windows is totally instaled and I edit registry, Langbar key not exist...

Sorry for my bad english...

Regards... ;-)

Yeah, this issue has been around for some time, i don't know what causes it. It seems to get reset after Windows installation.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER <--- HKCU is most likely the issue as that key doesnt get full populated untill after first logon...

Thank you... I'll try to add reg key through WPI...

Regards... ;-)

in v103 i've updated my code to unregister a dll in the runonce key. Haven't tested if it works yet though...

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnce", "Remove LangBar", "Regsvr32.exe /s /u msutb.dll", RegistryValueKind.String

Edited by Legolash2o

in v103 i've updated my code to unregister a dll in the runonce key. Haven't tested if it works yet though...

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnce", "Remove LangBar", "Regsvr32.exe /s /u msutb.dll", RegistryValueKind.String

I will try it and notify to you... :beerchug:

Thank's and regards... ;-)

Hello again... I have another problem, I created a DisableLangBar.cmd with the following code

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar" /v ShowStatus /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

does not get it to work, if I run from the console command works, but if I run the DisableLangBar.cmd not... Any ideas...?

Regards... ;-)

When do you try to run the DisableLangBar.cmd that it does not work? At install, on a live system, anytime, or ...?

Cheers and Regards

I run DisableLangBar.cmd in a complete install system Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1...

Tnahk you... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

Can I run code from Autounattend.xml...?

<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<CommandLine>cmd /q /c REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar" /v ShowStatus /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f</CommandLine>
<Description>Disable LangBar</Description>
<Order>2</Order>
<RequiresUserInput>true</RequiresUserInput>
</SynchronousCommand>

Edited by alfreire

I run DisableLangBar.cmd in a complete install system Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1...

Tnahk you... ;-)

The reason I asked is that this will NOT work during the OS install if it is run too early, since "Current User" - (HKCU) - will not exist at that point as Kel pointed out. So it will not work in Autounattend.xml for the same reason. But I might have misunderstood you. It should work if you run the DisableLangBar.cmd AFTER first log on, using WPI for example. Of course you'll have to run this for each user you want it to apply to.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

The reason I asked is that this will NOT work during the OS install if it is run too early, since "Current User" - (HKCU) - will not exist at that point as Kel pointed out. So it will not work in Autounattend.xml for the same reason. But I might have misunderstood you. It should work if you run the DisableLangBar.cmd AFTER first log on, using WPI for example. Of course you'll have to run this for each user you want it to apply to.

Cheers and Regards

Ok, thank you... :beerchug:

Make it run at HKCU\\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, worth a try.

Ok, I promise you try it... how I run

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnce", "Remove LangBar", "Regsvr32.exe /s /u msutb.dll", RegistryValueKind.String...?

From Auntounattend.xml, *.cmd, $OEM$ folder...???

Thank you again... ;-)

Hello again... I have another problem, I created a DisableLangBar.cmd with the following code

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar" /v ShowStatus /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

does not get it to work, if I run from the console command works, but if I run the DisableLangBar.cmd not... Any ideas...?

Regards... ;-)

Since you say this DisableLangBar.cmd runs correctly as you show it when run from the command line, then leave it exactly like it is and run it with WPI. HKCU exists when WPI runs so it should work just fine. But you can try any other method you like. If you find one that works for you, then please post it so others will know a method you have verified that works.

Cheers and Regards

*"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnce", "Remove LangBar", "Regsvr32.exe /s /u msutb.dll", RegistryValueKind.String

Since you say this DisableLangBar.cmd runs correctly as you show it when run from the command line, then leave it exactly like it is and run it with WPI. HKCU exists when WPI runs so it should work just fine. But you can try any other method you like. If you find one that works for you, then please post it so others will know a method you have verified that works.

Cheers and Regards

Well, well... I want try *Legolash2o method to help, but I don't know how... I guess the other methods that work...

Thank you very much, friend... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

Well... I try DisableLangBar.reg through WPI, and work perfect... The Legolash2o method I don't know how to test it...

Thanks and sorry if I bothered...

Regards... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ... I found the Registry error... The problem is that User Account settings do not apply to the User Administrator Account ... I loaded the User Administrator Account hive with the WIM Registry Editor, I have set it LangBar adjust manually and it works ... Could you make User settings also apply to the Administrator account?

Thank's and regards... :cap:

One question, when I import a *.reg file in WIM Regystry Editor, It's import to hive selected, or indifferent? how I import settings with *.reg file to User Admin Account?

If [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] is for Current User (in *.reg file), how to set for Admin User...?

Thank's and sorry for my bad english... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

Hi ... I found the Registry error... The problem is that User Account settings do not apply to the User Administrator Account ... I loaded the User Administrator Account hive with the WIM Registry Editor, I have set it LangBar adjust manually and it works ... Could you make User settings also apply to the Administrator account?

Thank's and regards... :cap:

Ok i've just programmed W7T to apply tweaks to BOTH "WIM_Admin" and "WIM_Default"

One question, when I import a *.reg file in WIM Regystry Editor, It's import to hive selected, or indifferent? how I import settings with *.reg file to User Admin Account?

If [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] is for Current User (in *.reg file), how to set for Admin User...?

Thank's and sorry for my bad english... ;-)

As above, v1.4.0.3 will write to both places.

So this be used to make changes to the CurrentUser in offline systems before it is built? Even though that account doesn't exist before first logon? Or does this only work on active installed systems?

Cheers and Regards