[Solved] Winkit Runonce - Bug

wela

Hi

140-13 - Customized W7 SP1 Pro with Files added under Silent installer: windows update agent x86.exe /quiet /norestar/wuforce and rootsupdate.exe /q:a /r:n.

Testinstall and realinstallation without any Problems.

140-15 - Same OS and Files (using the .ini from 140-13).

Testinstall 1: After bootup to Desktop Winkit Runonce installer quits

the installation of Windows update agent with message about wrong installoptions.

Testinstall 2: Corrected installoptions following the Message from former Install.

Same message: Wrong Installoptions

Testinstall 3: All files fresh downloaded. Installoptions for agent set to /quiet /norestart.

Same message: Wrong Installoptions.

I think there is a problem in Winkit Runoncesektion.

Extract the 3 CAB files from Windows Update Agent installer and integrate them

rootsupdate is no longer needed for Windows 7

KB931125

Root Update Package (intended for Windows XP only)

For users who are running Windows XP, the root update package will update the list of root certificates on your computer to the list that is accepted by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program. The file is updated periodically to add or remove root certificates or CAs from distribution by the Program.

Windows Vista, Windows 7

Root certificates on Windows Vista and later are distributed via the automatic root update mechanism – that is, per root certificate. When a user visits a secure Web site (by using HTTPS SSL), reads a secure email (S/MIME), or downloads an ActiveX control that is signed (code signing) and encounters a new root certificate, the Windows certificate chain verification software checks Microsoft Update for the root certificate. If it finds it, it downloads the current Certificate Trust List (CTL) containing the list of all trusted root certificates in the Program, and verifies that the root certificate is listed there; it then downloads the specified root certificate to the system and installs it in the Windows Trusted Root Certification Authorities Store. If the root certificate is not found, the certificate chain is not completed, and the system returns an error. To the user, a successful root update is seamless. The user does not see any security dialog boxes or warnings. The download happens automatically. In addition, Windows Vista and later client SKUs support weekly pre-fetching from Microsoft Update to check for updated root certificate properties (for example, extended validation (EV), code signing or server authentication properties, which are certificate properties added to a root certificate).

I can say this time Runonce 4.5 (found in build 15) is ~ ok for me, as it doesn't stop or run multiple instances, however it doesn't install (silently) any of the .msu updates (for ex. the two x64 ones that can't be integrated through DISM from Solor's pack).

What's weird is that they're conted at first logon (I have 19 silent installers, and for ex. .net 4 from ricktendo, which is no. 18, is really no. 18 during Runonce) - so they're not skipped during AIO integration, they're just not beeing installed properly during first logon (runonce).

I'll come back later with further feedback regarding tweaks.

Edited by RicaNeaga

@ ricktendo64

Thanks for the explanation. rootsupdate is deleted.

I extracted the cabs. Tomorrow i start a new series of tests.

But...... it´s strange that normal installer commands give a errormessage,

a day and Version before they worked without problems.

I have been having such great success that I decided to try and combine all my presets for SoLoR, Additions, IE9, my 23 SFX items including .NET and I had lots of RunOnce Errors... most things didn't install, the setup logs and filled with errors and even the darn drivers gave me problems. I will do some new tests tomorrow. I am doing installs from USB onto an SSD so their really quick for me... just the integration takes 2 hrs per try.

I think this is the same as the Silent Installs Not Working thread but I will post here. I created a new batch on integration's but only kept 1 thing the same which was to use a preset for my silent installs and SFX'es and sure enough they failed. http://clip2net.com/s/1MyFH the image shows multiple errors and then the .NET error which stalls everything...

These had all worked before on numerous installs so the next test I am about to try is to not use a preset but create them all again. I will report back...

EDIT: I did a new integration and separated a new batch of Silent installers and SFX... I got the same errors in the above image... here is more info:

Here are my Silent Installs:

#Silent Installs
552x64::N/A (Not Needed);NO;9.23 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\01-02-Offline\01-KB2533552\552x64.msu;Always Installed
229x64::N/A (Not Needed);NO;193.42 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\01-02-Offline\02-KB2603229\229x64.msu;Always Installed
help::N/A (Not Needed);NO;701.34 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\03-KB917607\help.msu;Always Installed
fmapi::N/A (Not Needed);NO;237.99 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\04-KB943790\fmapi.msu;Always Installed
agent::N/A (Not Needed);NO;2.65 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\05-KB969168\agent.msu;Always Installed
activation::N/A (Not Needed);NO;1.35 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\06-KB971033\activation.msu;Always Installed
identity::N/A (Not Needed);NO;1.47 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\07-KB974405\identity.msu;Always Installed
identityHF::N/A (Not Needed);NO;1.78 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\07-KB974405\identityHF.msu;Always Installed
Fixit50531::/quiet /passive /norestart;NO;646.50 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\08-FixIt50531\Fixit50531.msi;Always Installed
Fixit50688::/quiet /passive /norestart;NO;655.50 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\09-Fixit50688\Fixit50688.msi;Always Installed
dotNet::/aic;NO;47.00 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\10-DotNet\dotNet.exe;Always Installed
vcredist::;NO;10.77 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\11-VisualC\vcredist.exe;Always Installed
Kels_Runtimes::;NO;5.75 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\12-KelsRuntime\Kels_Runtimes.exe;Always Installed
Silverlight_x64::/q;NO;12.47 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\13-Silverlight\Silverlight_x64.exe;Always Installed
Java::;NO;18.43 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\14-Java\Java.exe;Always Installed
Shockwave::;NO;9.25 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\15-Shockwave\Shockwave.exe;Always Installed
Flash::;NO;17.85 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\16-Flash\Flash.exe;Always Installed
AdbeRdr_silent::;NO;51.40 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\17-Acrobat\AdbeRdr_silent.exe;Always Installed
kb890830-x64::/Q;NO;15.40 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\18-890830\kb890830-x64.exe;Always Installed
mbam-setup::/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-;NO;9.06 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\19-MBAM\mbam-setup.exe;Always Installed
mseinstallx64::/s /runwgacheck /o;NO;9.69 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\20-MSE\mseinstallx64.exe;Always Installed
mpam-fex64::/q;NO;63.33 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\20-MSE\mpam-fex64.exe;Always Installed
nis_fullx64::/q;NO;848.19 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\20-MSE\nis_fullx64.exe;Always Installed

You can see in the image http://clip2net.com/s/1MzWt that my 1st 552 install doesn't finish and the others try but fail since 552 isn't complete... then 552 finally completes

Next the below installers seem to not recognize the switches:

Fixit50531::/quiet /passive /norestart;NO;646.50 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\08-FixIt50531\Fixit50531.msi;Always Installed

Fixit50688::/quiet /passive /norestart;NO;655.50 KB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\09-Fixit50688\Fixit50688.msi;Always Installed

dotNet::/aic;NO;47.00 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\10-DotNet\dotNet.exe;Always Installed

The these also have the same problem:

kb890830-x64::/Q;NO;15.40 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\18-890830\kb890830-x64.exe;Always Installed

mbam-setup::/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-;NO;9.06 MB;E:\!Slipstream\_7Tools\_Step-2\19-MBAM\mbam-setup.exe;Always Installed

Edited by compstuff