[Solved] Corrupted install.wim

Thiersee

I have a problem running WinToolkit 1.4.0.21:

today I tried three times to run WinToolkit and every time, after the run has completed, the temp-folder (D:\WinToolkit) has not been cancelled; as result I got "corrupted Image", if I restarted the programm, without a possibility to unmount this corrupted image! The temp-folder (Mount) has no content!

Only if I delete the temp-folder can I restart WinToolkit and reload the same image.

All this does not happen with version 1.4.0.18!

Regards, Thiersee

Only if I delete the temp-folder can I restart WinToolkit and reload the same image.

Yes, you can delete the temp folder with the corrupted image.

And it's also needed to remove this registry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
; Remove mounted image
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images]

After you can try a new time WinToolkit.

HTH

It will only show as corrupt if you had a file or folder within the mount path open whilst Win Toolkit was unmounting. It also happens if you have other programs such as RT7Lite using the same mount folder as well.

I don't have other programs using same mount folder and the mount folder is EMPTY.

Even if you have that folder open in explorer it causes the problem.

Either way i need to know what you did? i.e. Just mount the image in WIM Manager? Use it with All-In-One Integrator? Is there a last session.ini or error log?

Even if you have that folder open in explorer it causes the problem.

It was expanded but NOT selected.

Either way i need to know what you did? i.e. Just mount the image in WIM Manager? Use it with All-In-One Integrator? Is there a last session.ini or error log?

I use the image with All-In-One-Integrator; a "corrupt.log" and a "Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL" are in my working-directory in Mount Logs folder and the WinToolkit.ini in Last Sessions.

I would run WinToolkit again, but not now (it's too late :sleeping: )

Regards, Thiersee

P.S.: why am I not permitted to upload log-files?

I'm keeping on testing, because the "problem" comes on my computer now also with version 1.4.0.18.

Now also in wim-manager.

I just finished two test-run with version .18 and .22 and, how should I say it?, no issue :g: :ranting:!

The only difference to before: I didn't touch in any way the explorer and the temp folder!?

Anyway, I will try the new test version.

Sorry, it toke a bit longer.

Yes, it works without any issue!

Image has been unmounted without "corrupt", WinToolkit temp folder and mounted wim in the registry have been correct deleted.

What I didn't see in the .22:

I started the AIO, choosed the image and the WinToolkit.ini and clicked on "Start": normally should come a box "Give a name for this session" (or like this), but I didn't see this box in version 1.4.0.22; in version 1.4.0.T1 I got the box again.

I.e.: for me its's OK!

Thanks & regards

I just finished two test-run with version .18 and .22 and, how should I say it?, no issue :g: :ranting:!

The only difference to before: I didn't touch in any way the explorer and the temp folder!?

After a bit of testing, even having the folder 'expanded' but not viewing it causes the problem.

Apparently that was the issue, but it would be nice if it wasn't quite so "sensitive" because sometimes you just get curious and want to "see" what's happening. However, I understand that might not be something you have control over. Maybe force close explorer beforehand to avoid the error? I know of other software that will do that kind of thing, usually with a warning pop up you have to acknowledge it so at least you know what is going on.

Cheers and Regards