[Solved] Update Catalog Question

compstuff

I use a color scheme to denote numerous different things about folders so my folders have .ico icons in them along with desktop.ini files ... when I use the download function it moves them all to the OLD folder... is there a way to avoid this?

EDIT: When I tested this I had used a copy of my original manually maintained update list and after the ico's were moved I copied them from the original back to the new folders and re-ran the updater... nothing was moved or changed. I then copied 7 random files to the SatisfyWU folder and re-ran the updater... again nothing was moved or changed... now I'm not sure how this is supposed to work

Edited by compstuff

• 3 weeks later...

Your fix worked so thank you but I do have an odd issue that I simply can't seem to figure out. Every time I run the update it moves just one of the .ini files out of only one single folder "_Included in Step - 2 - ADMIN ONLY" into the OLD and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why. I have recreated the entire folder and tried write protecting it but nothing seems to work so for now I just keep copying the .ini back. Any idea what I may be missing?

post-11313-0-21956500-1344083659.jpgpost-11313-0-47234900-1344083671.jpg

But the odd thing is I have an .ini file in 28 other folders also but it ONLY move this one single .ini file... whats up with that :huh:

If you have a file and it's not listed on the server it will assume it's and old update and just move to an old folder.

I am definitely a little weird and anal with my file management :-) but here is a better explanation:

The top five folders with underscores are simply empty folders that are colored to function as a legend for the remaining folders which are the actual .msu and other files mostly from McRip. Each folder that is colored has an .ico and an .ini which is how they are colored. The .ico exclusion you created works perfectly but after I run the updater for some reason it always moves just the .ini from the "_Included in Step - 2 - ADMIN ONLY" folder which is why the previous picture showed the color change from Aqua to nothing... not a problem just odd that I can't figure this out... has to be me :blush:

post-11313-0-80398800-1344096352_thumb.j

I have no idea, i don't know how your folders are setup but from your screenshot you have your folders setup in a unique way. :/