[Repak] Microsoft Security Essentials x86/x64 4.5.216 (Intl)

ricktendo

4srl.png

Microsoft Security Essentials x86/x64 v4.5.216 (ALL languages in ONE)

About: This installer should work for ALL languages & architectures. Run this installer with /? or /h for detailed silent install instructions (the default is not silent and no updates are installed)

Supported OS(s): Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)*; Windows Vista (Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2)*; Windows 7*

Download: http://adf.ly/1713566/mssecesaio

MD5: 2571d79679ae8b8f72784633e01eb65a

Size: 14.4 MB

Definition Updates

x86: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=87342

x64: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=87341

mseceshlp.png

Supported Languages:

bg-BGcs-CZda-DKde-DEel-GRen-USes-ESet-EEfi-FIfr-FRhr-HRhu-HUit-ITja-JPko-KRlt-LTlv-LVnb-NOnl-NLpl-PLpt-BRpt-PTro-ROru-RUsk-SKsr-Latn-CSsv-SEth-THtr-TRuk-UAvi-VNzh-CNzh-TW

Rick, is the language selected automatically? For example if my system was English and I want MSE in German, it would obviously install the English version, right.

If that would be true, could you make it possible to make a switch for selecting one's own language?

Edited by McRip

Yes, it will install using your current system lang

I tried adding Market=xx-XX in the hopes I could force the installer to choose a different language but that did not work...next will try editing setup.ini that should do the trick, but I have to figure out a clever way to implement it

Question; can your package also add the nis_full.exe file as well?

FYI I use the following to quickly update my existing method and will now use it for yours

wget64.exe go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=121721&arch=x64
wget64.exe go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=207870
wget64.exe download.microsoft.com/download/DefinitionUpdates/mpam-fex64.exe

Do you know of a fwlink from Microsoft that will download a file with x64 in the name (nis_fullx64.exe) same as the definitions?

I need this difference between the two filenames so that the installer will call the right one depending on what arch it detects you are launching from

Updated...now you can force the installation language

<installer>.exe xx-XX and/or <installer>.exe /ai xx-XX
Thanks to McRip for the SetIni suggestion, it was tough figuring out how to do this but turns out the solution was very simple

You don't need the network inspection system definitions. Those won't get installed on a Win 7 system. Trust me...

I have never been able to find one with the x64 designation and I used to just rename mine with my script

Do you know of a fwlink from Microsoft that will download a file with x64 in the name (nis_fullx64.exe) same as the definitions?

I need this difference between the two filenames so that the installer will call the right one depending on what arch it detects you are launching from

I think I will leave that one out for the time being, because its not compatible with XP and the x64 in the filename.

If you think you can do it you could rebuild the sfx with the capabilities...just add this to the config.txt

AutoInstall="x86:\"%%S\\nis_full\" /q"AutoInstall="x64:\"%%S\\nis_full%%P\" /q"
Let me know if you need help

Edit: BTW reuploaded, does not affect install only minor help dialog improvements

Sorry for asking, but:

What is the purpose of nis.exe?

How can I see the build of MSE?

From compstuff's link:

If you are running Microsoft Security Essentials build 2.0.0375.0 or higher, you also need to download the following Network Inspection System definitions

This is my installed MSE

k7vqzgnordxu.jpg

Regards, Thiersee

This explains it better than I can :-)

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/intrusion_detection/Network-Inspection-System-Enhances-Security-Microsoft-Security-Essentials-TMG-Firewall.html

Sorry for asking, but:

What is the purpose of nis.exe?

How can I see the build of MSE?

From compstuff's link:

This is my installed MSE

k7vqzgnordxu.jpg

Regards, Thiersee

Edited by compstuff

Since I am not on XP I could be wrong... but I think they do actually get installed its just that XP doesn't have the capable service to make use of them and it never will

You don't need the network inspection system definitions. Those won't get installed on a Win 7 system. Trust me...

I think I will leave that one out for the time being, because its not compatible with XP and the x64 in the filename.

Edited by compstuff

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...