Jump to content

ThePOO

Members
  • Posts

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • OS
    Windows 7

ThePOO's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

0

Reputation

  1. .16 is simply perfect !!!!!!!! Does everything I need and then some. I've use the Windows Update internal downloader and that all works great. I also decided to try out the external downloader and that also works great. Which of the two is the preferred to use ... that has the longest future support wise? thanks.
  2. I just got off work and read the replies. I don't have teamvidwer installed on my system for remote access. I use Ammyy Admin (extremely light on resources) and it just works great for remote access. If you could use Ammyy Admin that'd be great. But it looks like .16 may be the answer. I'm going to test with that and report back here in any case. If it is still broken I'll PM the program author and let him into my machine ....
  3. I too am unable to use .14 or .15 .. when I click "Start" about 1 second later it tells me it is finished. My system is Windows 7 Pro SP1. I have executed the registry file I received for WinToolkit. My system is using a fast SSD so I tested quite a bit. I'm successful in using .13 just fine. I'm using the portable version and it is located in c:\WinToolkit. I did not change any of the settings.txt information. I download the x86 updates from M$ (as of yesterday) as I did my testing for Win 7 32-bit sp1.. I did the incorporation of the autounattend.xml (basically accept eula, set time zone, and something else I can't remember right now). I ran the integrator and defined my tweaks to my liking (98 of them) ... and added all the general, security and hotfix items --- as well as the IE11 items (3 in one folder and another 2 in a subfolder under the 3). I then clicked Start and we were off to the races and later I created an ISO --- which worked perfectly. The ISO was then used to create a Win 7 32-bit sp1 (with integrated stuff -- thanks WinToolkit) Virtual Box --- and everything worked exactly as I intended -- IE 11 .... perfectly installed and working 'out of the box'. All my tweaks worked. Windows Update actually updated some odd 3 items on the first pass, and like M$ needed rebooted and another couple afterward. HUGE TIME SAVER!!!!!!!! I saw that .14 became available. I erased my entire c:\WinToolkit folder and completely started over, I mean from scratch. .14 simply will not do anything when clicking Start. .15 does exactly the same thing. I blew away c:\WinToolkit again ... put .13 back into c:\WinTookit and started over --- exactly as before, .13 works perfectly when you click Start. The resultant installation into a virtual box is identical to the first install I did earlier (above). What I'm doing is definitely reproducible for .13, .14, and .15 ... .13 works, the others simply do not. What I'm doing with .13 is really pretty simple and -should- work with .14 and .15 Please do not get me wrong, I'm not complaining .. for me .13 is golden. .14 and .15 break something. I wish I could spend tons of time helping figure out what. --- I suppose I could afford remote access at some point for testing if I had to ... if contacted I might be able to afford that. Anyway, there we are --- I still love the toolkit regardless.
×
×
  • Create New...