1.4.1-14 Installer won't work, nothing happens

x23piracy

Hi,

used 1.4.1-14 with Win 7 Pro x64 and integrated some stuff,

Wintoolkit Installer will start but nothing happens, the status bar is never moving.

Howto debug what happenend and howto manually start installer again?

Anyone else experiencing this installer bug?

I checked the forum and there are similar reports that installer dont work with older

versions.

Is there a wintoolkit version out that is stable and working?

I used this ini: http://pastebin.com/refwHSk2

EDIT:

Someone in win-lite forum told me that maybe the integration of ati and nvidia gpu drivers

is the problem... LOL?

For what else should be the driver integrations functionality might be?

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Just to get used to how things work, why don't you make as simple a build as possible - no extra drivers, no addons, no removals, etc, just to practice and convince yourself that the builder works.  Remember to double check the MD5 of the Win-Toolkit download, temporarily disable any anti-virus and sandbox type programs, and use a short path for all your work folders, such as C:\WinTK.  If that works, then you can try changing things and if you have problems you can bet that there is at least a 75% chance that you probably did something wrong.

Cheers and Regards

Hi,

this is my runoncelog.txt

1.4.1.13 (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
CommandLineArg: C:\Windows\System32\WinToolkitRunOnce.exe (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
Found Drive: C:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)
Found Drive: D:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)
IDrive: D:\ (Looking for Installation Files...)
Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinKit]... (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinKit]...)
Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\W7T]... (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\W7T]...)
Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]... (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00000|7zip (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\7zip\7z920_x64.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00001|Acrobat Reader 11 (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Acrobat_Reader 11\AdbeRdr11001_de_DE.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00002|Active Fax (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Active_Fax\actfax_setup_x64_ge.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00003|Flash Player 11 (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Flash_Player 11\install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00004|Greenshot (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Greenshot\Greenshot-INSTALLER-1.0.6.2228.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00005|Java 7u13 (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Java_7u13\jdk-7u13-windows-x64.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00006|MegaView (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\MegaView\MegaView.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00007|MegaView3D (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\MegaView3D\MegaView3D.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00008|Navision (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Navision\setup.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00009|Office 2007 (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Office_2007\SETUP.EXE* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00010|Office 2010 Home+Business (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Office_2010 Home+Business\X17-75062.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00011|Office 2010 Professional (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Office_2010 Professional\X16-32011.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00012|Shockwave (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\Shockwave\Shockwave_Installer_Full_other.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00013|TeamViewer (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00014|CheckPoint VPN Client (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\Apps\CheckPoint_VPN Client\VPN_x64.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
1.4.1.13 (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
CommandLineArg: C:\Windows\System32\WinToolkitRunOnce.exe (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
Found Drive: C:\ (Looking for alternatives...)
Found Drive: D:\ (Looking for alternatives...)
IDrive:  (Looking for alternatives...)
No IDrive Found:  (Aborting: No installation files found...)

Paths are correct and programs are in right place, what happens here?

Also i found the wintoolkitrunonce binary!

Greetz X23

Hi,

What is your installation media? DVD, USB, etc...

i burned a double layer dvd.

Same failure if i boot the iso over pxe.

What i have done:

Downloaded latest Windows 7 x64 Image

opened the wim removed all except win 7 pro 64

opened again, integration:

a bunch of drivers  - worked i saw some of the integrated ones in the test system

some tweaks - worked havent proved all but there was some of the changes i saw

unattended into boot2.wim - worked

added one gadget - worked

added background pics - worked

added all available security updates - worked

added a bunch of apps like (flash, acrobat reader) without automatic install, i expected then the installer will let me choose what to install. - fail

Then after it has finished ~6 hours later i burned the image to dl dvd and tried it.

How works wintoolkitrunonce? with which parameter (config, ini) will it be executed?

Like that i may can rerun the installer to check what gets wrong instead of building a new iso and install it completely again.

One Try one day :(

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

I just finished doing a few integrations using 141v15-4 and once I fixed my errors it is working fine but I have not done drivers yet. I am very particular when I do my integrations because I actually have A LOT going on that is custom work so basically I make sure that the base works fine and that I can reproduce solid integrations before I start some of my more complex scripts.

What I would suggest is doing this in phases to see where the problem is that way you can eliminate variables easier. Take your clean WIM and just add the updates and then do a VM install and see if that works. Then do other things in separate phases.

I have scripts that basically don't change at all so if a particular version doesn't work with them I can try an older version and if they work then I can make a valid report and it will be addressed. Hope that makes sense and helps

Hi,

ok my test was negative, same like before the installer is shown but nothing ever happens:

659gggtf.jpg

I really just opened a fresh copy of the latest ms iso download of win 7 x64

selected professional to edit, just added 2 installers (flash, shockwave)

made the iso and installed it.

I first thougth iam to stupid and i have to click somewhere but i saw screenshots

if how it have to look like :)

FYI: I mounted the image as iso into the vm to install

What happend?

FYI: Iam actually testing with 1.4.1-15T15

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

and again same with the latest T15 Version, installer appears but nothing ever happens.

And again i just opened the wim integrated flash, acrobat reader and 7zip with non automatic install.

I could make a screenshot but i will look exactly like the one above.

Help please.

Greetz X23

FYI: I mounted the image as iso into the vm to install

It's OK!

FYI: Iam actually testing with 1.4.1-15T15

Where did you get this version from?

The actual test is 1.4.1.15_Test 14; only the nstaller is version 1.4.1.15 (withou t15).

And again i just opened the wim integrated flash, acrobat reader and 7zip with non automatic install.

Did you try with automatic install (always)?

I ask only, because I do the same and I have no problem: a couple of driver, addon, and silent-installers (always install).

Thiersee

Hi,

It's OK!

Where did you get this version from?

The actual test is 1.4.1.15_Test 14; only the nstaller is version 1.4.1.15 (withou t15).

Did you try with automatic install (always)?

I ask only, because I do the same and I have no problem: a couple of driver, addon, and silent-installers (always install).

Thiersee

sorry i ment t14 grabbed it from here: http://www.wincert.net/leli55PK/Testing/

Yes i added one of the addons with automatic (7zip) actually iam waiting if the installer will do something after waiting a bunch of minutes.

i will now close it, and will check if 7zip was installed. mom ill be back

Edit: 7zip wasn't installed, i also didnt saw any installer, i didnt gave silent switches so it just execute the installer but there was nothing. ;(

this is the log after installing windows:

1.4.1.15 (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
CommandLineArg: /BROWSE (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinKit]... (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinKit]...)
Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\W7T]... (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\W7T]...)
Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]... (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00000|7z920_x64 (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: |%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\7z920_x64\7z920_x64.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00001|install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie\install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00002|AdbeRdr11001_de_DE (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\AdbeRdr11001_de_DE\AdbeRdr11001_de_DE.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)

If i start wintoolkitrunonce in system32 manually again also nothing happens, no failure no choice just silence.

I just see the installer asking me to choose what to install but i cannot choose from anything and the progress bar never changes.

this is the log after manually starting wintoolkitrunonce:

CommandLineArg: /BROWSE (Looking for CommandLineArgs...)
KeyValue: |%DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\7z920_x64\7z920_x64.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00001|install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie\install_flash_player_11_active_x_ie.msi* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyFound: 00002|AdbeRdr11001_de_DE (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)
KeyValue: %DVD%:\WinToolkit_Apps\AdbeRdr11001_de_DE\AdbeRdr11001_de_DE.exe* (Enumerating Installation [sOFTWARE\WinToolkit]...)

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

Hi,

yes i can do that but remember it look like wintoolkitrunonce and its config is right prepared on the cd,

i can start it but it still does nothing, iam sure it must be a little bug or maybe mistake on my side but which? :D

I come back later to report if what u want works.

Greetz X23

@X23piracy

I tried an integration with the same silent-installer (7zip, Flash, AdobeReader) like you and with both modes, prompt-Install and auto: in prompt-install mode I have exactly the same issue, in auto-mode NOT :ranting:!

Fresh ISO (X17-59885)

Win7 Professional x64 (integration) and working-environment

WinToolkit 1.4.1.15-Test14 (Installer is 1.4.1.15).

Thiersee

Hi,

@X23piracy

I tried an integration with the same silent-installer (7zip, Flash, AdobeReader) like you and with both modes, prompt-Install and auto: in prompt-install mode I have exactly the same issue, in auto-mode NOT :ranting:!

Fresh ISO (X17-59885)

Win7 Professional x64 (integration) and working-environment

WinToolkit 1.4.1.15-Test14 (Installer is 1.4.1.15).

Thiersee

i like to thank god that someone confirmed that ;) great

What do you do when you set automatic, do you collect all the silent switches from the different installers and add these switches as arguments?

I need to choose some updates because i integrate thinks like office 07 and 10 and i want to choose which office to install, so i can live not only with automatic mode.

Lego can you fix that maybe?

P.S found an old forum thread about irc... the channel is empty seems to be obsolete?

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

What do you do when you set automatic, do you collect all the silent

switches from the different installers and add these switches as

arguments?

No, I have a ready silent-installer for every program (in this case I leave the switch-field empty) or I use the original executable with silent-switches in the switch-field.

I need to choose some updates because i integrate thinks like office

07 and 10 and i want to choose which office to install, so i can live

not only with automatic mode.

It would be nice for me too.

Thiersee

Here am I again!

Yesterday and today I tried a lot of WinToolkit versions because of the issue with the installer and this was the result:

older versions:

1.4.0.77 (installer version 4.6.3) works fine

1.5.0.1_Test39 (installer version 4.8.1) does NOT work

newer versions:

1.4.1.9 (installer version 4.8.1) does NOT work

1.4.1.15 (installer version 1.4.1.15) does NOT work

@X23piracy

If you want can you try version 1.4.0.77.

@legolash2o

You are now asked for a solution :) !

Regards, Thiersee

Hi,

some other questions.

With automatic install i have some programs that won't install but if i try the switches

on a test system everything works well.

What is the working directory if the installer executes a binary with parameters?

For example for Navision i execute setup.exe /quiet /config Classic.xml

Maybe he cannot find the Classic.xml because the working directory is not: installmedium:\WinToolkit_Apps\Appdir

Is there a variable i can use? like setup.exe /quiet /config ${WTKmedium}\WinToolkit_Apps\Appdir\Classic.xml?

I have no other idea why the installation should fail, the silent parameter are correct and work manually on a test system.

Greetz X23

For example for Navision i execute setup.exe /quiet /config Classic.xml

Maybe he cannot find the Classic.xml because the working directory is not: installmedium:\WinToolkit_Apps\Appdir

You can build up a silent installer with this program (installation in english too!)

akj6wk4j8pmh.jpg

you put all the files (setup.exe and your Classic.xml) in a folder and give the silent-switches in the SFX-field (SFX-Schalter).

In this way your setup.exe find the classic.xml.

Thiersee

So the error only happens on 'prompt install'?

Yes Sir!

Have a look to post #8, #14, #18: I repeated the test three times each version (I installed Win7 in a VirtualBox), always with the same INI, a fresh ISO (x17-59885) and Professional x64.

Edited by Thiersee

problem is, no one has provided a screen shot so i have to use VirtualBox :( Does it let you select anything before pressing start/install?

What for screenshot?

X23piracy provided a screen shot in post #8; during my tests I got only on version 1.4.0.77 a list from installer, where I could select a single or all the SFXs.

Whitin the other tested versions I got only the the same as in post #8 and no menu to select SFX.

Edited by Thiersee