Working directory while Installer is running (batch)

x23piracy

Hi,

i have some problems with installing silent installers.

For example i have Microsoft Navision (setup.exe and a Classic.xml)

To install silent i use (/quiet /config Classic.xml) that works while testing on a running system.

But when the Installer is calling that it doesn't work. So iam sure this have to do with the working

directory when installer is callung Classic.xml (What is the working directory installer uses when triggering any of the sfx)?

What would be the best way for a full path?

setup.exe /quiet /config %cd%\Classic.xml?

will this work?

As Workaround i didnt used setup.exe i created a setup.bat

setup.exe /quiet /config Classic.xmldel setup.bat

like that it works but i think its dirty because the setup.bat isnt necessary and i dont want to use it, calling setup.exe directly is the right way but how?

Another thing is i install some reg files with batches and they also fail cannot find the entrys later in the system registry.

I use the following syntax with an sfx:

reg import file.reg

Seems to be the same failure with working directory as above, should i here also use

reg import %cd%\file.reg

?

Is this Problem is not related to the working directory is it possible that installer doesnt trigger the sfx with admin rights?

For example i have Broadgun a pdf printer, i also install it via a batch setup.bat and it also not work if the installer has finished.

I know if i try my sfx on a test system it will only install broadgun correctly if i start the sfx with admin right, so with which rights installer starts the sfx that should be installed?

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

For example i have Microsoft Navision (setup.exe and a Classic.xml)

To install silent i use (/quiet /config Classic.xml) that works while testing on a running system.

If I remember well, I have already given you the hint:

put all the files for a program (in this case setup.exe and Classic.xml) in a folder, try to make the silent-installer with SFXMaker/Folder (Verzeichnis)

Path (Verzeichnis): the path you put the files in
Datei zum Starten (File to start): your setup.exe
SFX-Schalter (SFX-Switches): /quiet /config Classic.xml

Regards, Thiersee

post-26665-0-37878000-1361398983_thumb.j

Hi,

If I remember well, I have already given you the hint:

i use that tool sorry if that info was missing.

setup.exe and switches are /quiet /config Classic.xml but as explained that doesnt work

if i use a batch infront of the setup.exe it works.

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

i use that tool sorry if that info was missing.

setup.exe and switches are /quiet /config Classic.xml but as explained that doesnt work

if i use a batch infront of the setup.exe it works.

What do you mean it doesn't work? What happens?

Since there seems to be a problem with the way that you have made your silent installer, can you upload the installer that you made and post a link to it here so that maybe either Thiersee or compstuff could take a look at it and see what you are doing wrong?

Cheers and Regards

Hi,

What do you mean it doesn't work? What happens?

i mean setup is running very short just 2 seconds after extraction, iam sure it cannot access the classic.xml and then abort.

I dont see any other reason, if i start the same sfx after first logon it will install just fine.

Greetz X23