About Integrating Necessary Updates

greyhawk3

Folks: Regretfully, I tried to d/l just the latest 100 or so updates from McRip's and I wound getting the entire x64 collection: over 350 MSUs ! Frankly, that's useless bec the final ISO probably won't even fit on a DVD DL, even if the resulting WIM actually worked.

I found this link, which explains how to use KUC to determine which updates will work w/ a given image.  What I really want is something that will list the essential updates, as I'm entirely sure that all of those updates aren't essential for a baseline Windows 7.  I've installed from a more-or-less virgin Win7 SP1 and it never tries to do more than 100 or so updates.  I've had a lot of trouble recently w/ my x64 build, so I don't even have working, recent x64 image, except (of course) my original Windows 7 SP1 distribution ISO.

Any suggestions ?  Maybe a simple text list I can use to drive a script to filter out unnec updates ?  TIA...