[Solved] v1.4.38.10 and Driver integration

Etz

I dont quite understand whats going on, but generates lots of lots of errors, as it seems it tries to integrate "non-extracted" driver files aswell for some strange reason.

I do have all extracted files referred in iINF`s in same folders so it shouldnt be a problem and I dont quite understand why it tries to integrate *.sy_, *.dl_, *.ex_, etc.

As extracted files from those are also on the same location, so it just should ignore those unextracted ones. (INF`s anyway have references to extracted ones only).

So last run produced total amount of 190+ Error log files, unfortunately it coulndt upload any of those, stating that "operation timed out".

So I attached some of them as archive and maybe Lego could have a look at those.

Logs.7z

Edited by Etz

Etz. I've noticed that you're using a network drive.

UPDATE: I've fixed it but it's slower, luckily it only has to do the job once. :)

Yep, as I have multiple Computers and some of them tend to change "pretty often" also, SSD`s and HardDrives do die...

Some years ago already I decided that I want to keep my data (important or not) separate from devices,

makes life easier as I dont need multiple copies of everything and I can use whatever Computer/Device I want, to access it.

Also it eliminates the hassle of backing up everything when you actually want to reinstall something ;)

And it is not too slow, as I run a pretty decent Hardware for NAS and it is actually capable more than gigabit speeds, ca ~330MB/s of read...

Anyway will test it out in the evening after I get home from work, thx.

Edited by Etz

Well...it doesnt look remarkably slower... :g:

And now comes most informative error I have ever seen.

And as it looks like you have to click OK after every driver it tries to integrate...

Relevant part of the first error log:

***BASIC***Unable to extract driver file.***EXTENDED***\\SYNO\public\WinBuild\Drivers\AMD Catalyst\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF\B171094\amdacpksd.sy_***WINTOOLKIT INFO***Win Toolkit v1.4.40.1*Win Toolkit Directory: \\SYNO\public\WinBuild\Tools\WinToolkitAnti-Virus: TrueUser Temp Path: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\WinToolkitWTK Temp Path: C:\Temp\WinToolkit_TempOpen Forms: frmAllInOneForm History: frmStartup, frmToolsManager, frmWIMManager, frmAllInOne, frmAIOPresetManager, frmAntiVirus
***RAW_STACK***   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)   at WinToolkit.frmAllInOne.ExtractDriver(String fPath)***RAW_EXCEPTION***System.IO.IOException: The file exists.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)   at WinToolkit.frmAllInOne.ExtractDriver(String fPath)

Of course file exists...as I extracted them by myself in the first place...

Anyway there would be two options overwrite those automatically or just ignore it...

I think overwrite would be better choice as it eliminates "user error" on extracting them.

But for now I have to click that OK couple of hundred times I guess as there is no way to cancel the process... :D :D

post-3142-0-87014800-1401723299_thumb.pn

Edited by Etz

Re-released :)

You can either manually extract that .sy_ file with 7zip. If 7zip cant open it then just rename it

Re-released :)

You can either manually extract that .sy_ file with 7zip. If 7zip cant open it then just rename it to .sys

Re-trying ;)

And I already have everything extracted so it shouldnt be aproblem...

I have released build 3 which makes some improvements. So if you have already download v3 then download it again :P

Let me know how you get on. Build 4 has some further improvements but I wont release it until I fix other bugs.

Take youre time, you have a life too (at least I presume that you are human).

So far it havent prompted any errors, but it`s indeed almost twice as slow as before.

Anyway I have plenty of time...important is that it works ;)

Got BSOD and had to start over... :ranting:

Famous IRQ_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Thingy...

Interestingly my heavily OC`d Self-built PC is more stable than this Lenovo junk on factory settings... :g:

Edited by Etz

Well, everything went smooth with v3 and it took approximately 25 minutes longer than usual run on the same Device. (Not twice as long it first seemed)

1h10 VS 1h37 (full run, updates, drivers, etc, etc), nevertheless there were absolutely 0 hiccups or errors, so the only thing to do now is download v4, redo the whole thing and test in VM...

Edited by Etz

v4 completed same run in 1h07m so its pretty much on par with previous builds also everything went smooth without errors.

Edited by Etz