[Addon] Bootscreens for xp sp3 v5.1.2600.5657

orbit30

I think the darn bootscreens need updating again with the recent M$ hotfix. Mine returned to the original XP when I had had the Blue-Grey bootskin.

Basically, new hotfix KB956841 overrides your existing ntoskrnl.exe &/or ntkrnlmp.exe (they are located in system32 folder)

If you already have an existing copy of the vista boot addon but now doesn't work because u integrate KB956841,

u can transfer the bitmap file within your existing addon to KB956841 (if you extracted KB956841 using hotfix extractor. It is in subfolder SP3QFE ;kels uber pack has it in sendto menu). I have only 2 files :ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe to change. And I changed it. Tested in Vm works. U need to repack back the existing addon the same way before u unpack it.

Basically, new hotfix KB956841 overrides your existing ntoskrnl.exe &/or ntkrnlmp.exe (they are located in system32 folder)

If you already have an existing copy of the vista boot addon but now doesn't work because u integrate KB956841,

u can transfer the bitmap file within your existing addon to KB956841 (if you extracted KB956841 using hotfix extractor. It is in subfolder SP3QFE ;kels uber pack has it in sendto menu). I have only 2 files :ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe to change. And I changed it. Tested in Vm works. U need to repack back the existing addon the same way before u unpack it.

:confused02: Yea, havn't a clue what you're talkin' 'bout. That's why I leave it to the releasers...Orbit is a good supplier anyways.

:confused02: Yea, havn't a clue what you're talkin' 'bout. That's why I leave it to the releasers...Orbit is a good supplier anyways.

:D okay, no problem. I do not means Orbit30 is not a good supplier. In fact, Orbit30 is a very good supplier :prop:

Will be here in a few days just hold on...

Just a small request, orbit30, when u release an update, can u add other mirror? I can't download from Rapidshare

Im starting a new range of bootscreens and will post them here over the next few days, weeks

This is one i made while i was in a windows 7 mood although it doesnt look much like windows 7..

2j512mq.jpg

Edited by orbit30

windows 7 bootscreen looks real nice .... downloaded from the link and installed fine, but ms update KB956841 came calling after install to wipe it out

I think all new bootscreens need made with 5657 files as 5512 files will just get overwritten;

the files that KB956841 installs are 5.1.2600.5657

I have used the bitmaps from some of your earlier bootscreens and put them in 5.1.2600.5657

files from ms update...and when I install them...they work fine...and ms update no longer calls.

hope the new range u r makin fixes this ... luv the ones u have made to date :)

Edited by wolfcall

Im starting a new range of bootscreens and will post them here over the next few days, weeks

This is one i made while i was in a windows 7 mood although it doesnt look much like windows 7..

2j512mq.jpg

Like this one :icon_cool: Looking forward to more bootscreens in this style. A little fine tuning and its perfect :thumbsup_anim:

Is it just me or did Orbit restart them again? Seems he edited the first post and removed the current works.

Sly.gif What are you planning, you sneaky snake?

Oh, just read the first post! Quality! I thought they stunk too! HAHAHA, better than XP's default tho'

Naughty.gif Can't go wrong with the original blue-grey from 5512...

Edited by hairbautt

• 2 weeks later...