Everything Search Engine 1.3.3.658b

Geej

Everything Search Engine
Everything 1.3.3.658b (with languages support)

Inf localised language support for French/German/Spanish.

# Small installation file
# Clean and simple user interface
# Quick file indexing
# Quick searching
# Minimal resource usage
# Share files with others easily
# Real-time updating
Not install as services
Auto startup item

Everything will only locate files and folders on local NTFS volumes.
Everything requires administrative privileges for low level read access to volumes.
Screen shot
everythingnf0.png

dloadnowwi6.png
Everything-1.3.3.658b_inf_addon.cab
Size: 605.23 Kb (619,751 bytes)
MD5: 45338B56577B2995EFDA574427AA6BC5

Edited by Geej

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Do you think you can make a switchless installer out of Everything 1.2.1.451a (latest build) also? Thanks in advance :)

Update to 1.2.1.451a

Note: As the vendor forum dowload site only provide the main executable (Everything.exe) , I still use the stable version installer (v1.2.1.371) to install.

But will override Everything.exe with this newer version (1.2.1.451a)

Hence when you perform uninstall, the uninstall screen basically say the version is v1.2.1.371. This is an expected behaviour.

Has updated everything.lng (the language file size is now twice as big than before)

Add some more info to the uninstall entry in the registry. It's too bare by default.

As this is alpha release, I will retain the existing stable build in #1 as well.

Regards

Edited by Geej

• 4 weeks later...

One question though about Everything-1.2.1.452Int_SI.exe installer: is it possible for it not to start right after the installing process took place? If I choose to make a nlite addon out of it, it will pop out its window at T-13, and that is a little awkward, and making installing of windows xp not so unattended.

But thank you again. :)

One question though about Everything-1.2.1.452Int_SI.exe installer: is it possible for it not to start right after the installing process took place? If I choose to make a nlite addon out of it, it will pop out its window at T-13, and that is a little awkward, and making installing of windows xp not so unattended.

But thank you again. :)

insert a command line to suppress it..

I tested Everything-1.2.1.452Int_SI.exe several times in HFslip and it never stay open at T13 (It pop up a very short moment and Autoit suppress it. This is be design)

For the benefit of your case, today I tested my silent installer with nlite and monitor at T13. It did not stay open at t13. It pop up a very short moment and Autoit suppress it as well. Hence I don't know what is wrong at your end that keep it stay opened. Autoit would have suppress it at T13.

But if you perform normal install, it will launch Everything at the end of installation.

Does anyone else having Everything opens at T13 ( using Everything-1.2.1.452Int_SI.exe)?

Repackage to inf addon, v1.2.1.452

Includes .lng file.

Known /possible issue: Context menu may not appear having the 'right string' description in your non-English language. It seems to appear correct on an English language system only.

If you choose to create shortcut through Everything GUI (Option -> General Tab -> Start Menu Shortcut , -> Desktop Shortcut, -> Quick Launch Shortcut) on a non-English platform, during uninstall, the shortcut might not be removed due to different string used in the shortcut name.

The only way is for you to manual edit the inf to match the shortcut name in your own language. (This is beyond my support/knowledge)

So, should this be listed as v1.2.1.452 or v1.2.1.451?

Cheers and Regards

It's 1.2.1.452 in post #1.The closest change log is mentioned in 1.2.1.451. There is no mention what is change in 1.2.1.452 but it can't be too far off. I would assume there is no apparent different between .451 & .452

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks Geej for the update! :giveheart:

In my case I create an SFX file for silent installation and works fine with your settings. Tested successfully for Windows 7 x86.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10499-how-to-convert-add-on-to-sfx-file/?p=91001

Keep your good work.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem