v0.1.3 - News

Legolash2o

Since 0.1.2 Final has been released, its time to start working on 0.1.3 branch. in v0.1.3 you will expect:

Improved Coding

Basically cleanup as much code as possible, making W7T as smooth and bug free as possible.

Addon Integrator

The Addon Integrator certainly is not perfect, i will be working on this as much as possible, to get every and i mean every addon working. Good news is that you can now start making requests for addons and you will notice a lot more addons!

Tweaks

Tweak services and the most common tweaks, this will help make sure your installation is more to your needs.

Improvements

Looking around for small changes that will make a difference!

Testing/Fixing

After all the previous listed features have been completed i will extensively test the program as a whole!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, here's an update of what's been done so far and a little sneak peek of what's in v1.3.0 so far. I am going to use the categories in the first post and tell you what i have done so far in those area.

Improved Coding

I have made it simpler and tidier when opening external programs like 7z and vLite.

Addon Integrator

I have removed the addons that do not work with 1.2.0 from the addons forum, so far i have not done much in this area.

Tweaks

Ah, i have added the tweaks forum and the tweaks i have added so far are working and apply to the current installation of windows, it will require little work for me to get it working on WIM images too.

Improvements

Quite a few. I am looking at my program searching for the most littlest things which i think need updating. I am still doing this at the current moment, looking at all the tools and features!

I have added the ability to select the option to download files into separate folders depending on the category of the specific file.

Also on the Tools Manager you can select "Basic", "Average" or "Advanced" filters, so you don't get confused as easily :)

Basic

Average

Advanced

Testing/Fixing

I have done quite a lot of fixing this morning, found problems with descriptions either not showing up or not showing up properly (fixed) and clicking More Info on some lists just did not work (fixed).

General

At the current time i am focusing on Fixes and Improvements, the next release of W7T is definitely going to be a BIG release! unfortunately i will not be releasing any alpha versions of the program to the public. Expect this to be released around the time Windows 7 RC is released.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change log (so far)

*FEATURE: WIM Splitter

*FEATURE: WIM Tweaker Tool

*Added filter on Tools Manager

*Separated Ultimate Extras in Vista SP2 list

*FIX: When W7T was maximized, the buttons on Addons and DriverPacks got too big

*Allowed resize of main form

*Forms are less transparent by default

*Service Packs are display at top Vista SP2 list

*FIX: "More Info" not working on some lists

*Descriptions were not appearing properly or not at all on some items

*Vista SP2 list now displays descriptions

*Improved code for opening programs

*Download files into separate folders (Download Queue)

*Improved status information on MSP Extractor

*FIX: Item add count when adding files in the MSP Extractor list

*FIX: CAB Retriever just did not work

*Cleanup tool has been updated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be keeping this topic up-to-date as possible, so stay tuned!

WIM Splitter, split your images into multiple swm files for so you can use CDs. Yep :P

I know RC is planned for May which is a long way away, but i am planning on doing a lot of work to it, mostly fixes and improvements.

When the Win 7 RC comes out i will have hoped to have done WIM Tweaker Tool, ISO Maker, a lot of code enhancements. All the stuff in the change log above was done just this morning alone.

I may release it earlier than May depending on if i feel that its ready as the last few releases have been a bit buggy because i never did any testing so i will be doing quite alot for this release.

Any questions?

Alpha testers wanted!

Requirements: Windows Live Messenger, using Windows 7 (preferably) or Vista.

Amount of testers needed: 3 places remaining

Task: Test W7T as thoroughly as they can, looking for even the most smallest things which could be better/fixed.

Just send me a PM with your WLM address.

Thanks

Hello again, time for some more news!

Improved Coding

Haven't really done much in this area, nothing much to report. Just did a tiny amount of code cleanup. I and also the alpha testers have noticed pretty much instant image mounting in build 7068 so that's good!

Addon Integrator

The Addon Integrator now lets you specify which build the addon is for, this is really useful for if you patch system files which and you don't want your users using a patch for 7057 on build 7068 which may damage the system.

The Addon Integrator now also lets you specify a website within the tasks.txt so when users double click the addon whilst it is in the list, it will open the website using the default browser.

Tweaks

Added lots more tweaks have been added, and some general improvements in that area.

Improvements

Done quite a lot of improvements.

*Double clicking items in lists now downloads them

*Addon Integrator now lets you specify website in addons

*Addon Integrator now lets you make build specific addons

*If there is only one image to choose from it will automatically highlight it

*Driver Integrator will not be shown if W7T does not detect Dism.exe in system32

Testing/Fixing

Some fixes too.

*FIX: Main form disappears clicking cancel when choosing download location

*FIX: Some images did not work correctly with WIM Manager

*FIX: Driver Integrator now integrates correctly

*FIX: Item add count when adding files in the MSU to CAB Converter

General

W7T is just getting better and better, its certainly stable! Its running smooth and cool :P Im still on the hunt for bugs even small bugs. Don't forget there is still 3 alpha testers places remaining.

Oh, sometimes the WIM Manager did not list images i.e. Vista SP2 pre-integrated, apparently its working now due to a big improvement in the way the WIM Manager gets values from the WIM

Change Log

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*FEATURE: WIM Tweaker Tool (currently hidden)

*FIX: Vista SP2 list now displays descriptions

*Driver Integrator will not be shown if W7T does not detect Dism.exe in system32

Update

All settings are saved in a file so all your changes will not be saved and W7T is now portable :P

Hello again, I have some great news for you! Today i announce to you 4 new tools:

WIM Tweaker (now works with the actual wim)

OS Tweaker (tweaks current OS)

ISO Maker

ISO_thumb.png

Addon Maker, yes you read correctly!

AM_thumb.png

Improved Coding

I've done a bit of improvements to code, the one you would most probably notice is when adding lots of files to the Addon Integrator, before it just hanged until it was completed, but now you see each one being added as well as telling you which one is it working on and how many is left to do. Adding Addons to the list is now a lot more smoother!

Addon Integrator

As above, the Addon Maker has been completed and... fully working (it was very simple really), there are some useful shortcuts like when adding a file to the Copy File list, it will ask you where these files need to go and if its a Start Menu item you can just simply type in %StartMenu%.

Addon Integrator now adds things to the list a lot quicker as mentioned above.

Tweaks

OS Tweaker and WIM Tweaker have been finished and just need to add more tweaks, they are both the same program except that there is a check (auto) if its going to the WIM or not and will apply the tweaks as necessary.

Improvements

Just checkout the change log

Testing/Fixing

There was one annoying bug where you can keep adding Addons from the download list to the download queue (fixed).

General

W7T 0.1.3 is amazing, fast (with build 7068 it instantly mounts images), and best of all stable. I would like to thank my Alpha Testers for doing a brilliant job, very also agree that it is stable :P

Public Alpha

W7T is now at the stage where if anyone wants to test the latest, they can do. Just send me a PM and i will provide you will a link to the download. If you encounter any bugs PLEASE PM me.

Change Log 0.1.3 Build 26

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*FEATURE: Settings are now saved in settings.txt so your changes will stay forever

*FEATURE: WIM Tweaker Tool & OS Tweaker Tool

*FEATURE: ISO Maker

*FEATURE: Addon Maker

*FIX: Addon Integrator seemed to hang when adding lots of files

*FIX: Addon list kept adding updates to list

*FIX: Vista SP2 list now displays descriptions

*About screen has been updated

*W7T checks if it is already running