[help] Wireless Mouse

cygnus

I have a targus pocket wireless mouse and im having same weird problems with it. i use it, and it temporarily stops working. when it works, it works great, but it usually stops working right when im in an important part of doing something lol.

iv downloaded the pdf they have for it and done all of the troubleshooting steps, but still nothing. the only thing left for me to try would be a lighter color mouse pad, might this drastically help? all my mouse pads are a dark color. i have one light color, but it has a high gloss finish.

let me know what you think

-cygnus

That could be a driver issue, I would try with new drivers but you've probably already tried that 'cause you read the .pdf troubleshooter.

Hmm.. I don't think that mouse pad is an issue here. If it was you'd have problems all the time.. :glare:

it does happen all the time, it just seems to be more prone to happening when im doing something important lol.

this mouse pad is an assortment of dark colors, my dark blue one is even worse. im pretty sure it is the mousepad, but i dont have any light colored ones to try. so i was just wondering what kinda experience everyone else has had with their opitcal mice.

i was also thinking, maybe its just a poor quality mouse, or the sensor isnt sensitive enough is all.

oh, targus doesn't have any updated drivers on their site, i already looked. infact, they don't have any drivers at all, it just uses the windows drivers. my third mouse button doesn't work :(

Edited by cygnus

oooh thats a nice mouse and mouse pad. my bro took my MX510 <_<

on my desktop i have a logitech ex110 wireless mouse + keyboard combo. i love it ^_^ i liked my 510 too, but my bro wanted it, he is more into gaming and that, so i let him. im gonna get a new mousepad in the next little while. ill grab one of those Func's if i can find one. thanks :)

mayb its the problem of the sencor what makes the laser, if that isnt correct it could just stop and does nothing anymore bcoz he cant see any movement..

i think thats more logic then a dark mouse path, cuz what cant see, cant move ^^

yah, thats what im thinking. im pretty sure its just that the quality of the sensor isnt there. the mouse was only 20 bucks. i have another wireless mouse that was 50 and man does it ever work good.

heres the mouse i have now :D

http://www.ixbt.com/peripheral/microsoft/omouse-blue/box.jpg

Edited by N1K

try this one

http://www.s2.com.br/s2arquivos/361/Imagens/1262Image.jpg

hmmm... just browsing on bestbuy canada's website, and i found the mouse i have for my laptop.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...303&catid=20395

i dont remember it being that expensive though :blink:

edit: wanna hear a good one? i just cleaned the laser, and it works better now >_< why didnt i do that before? :blush:

Edited by cygnus

edit: wanna hear a good one? i just cleaned the laser, and it works better now >_:blush:

hehehe, that little mistake with not cleaning your mouse, cost you 50 bucks more again :sigh:

________________________________________________________________________________

__

is just have a packard bell mouse, it was standard with this computer, and i just used this one, i dont need a gamers mouse :lol:

78350-A.jpg

I have this one, only the older version, with USB and just with a ball in it, and not with laser sencor ( my computer is 6 years old, so at that time it was really cool to have such a thing :thumbsup: :sweatingbullets: )

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok, you should probably disconnect the other mouse, but I don't see it being a problem, I've had 2 or 3 mice hooked up at one time and they all worked :P

As for software, mine didn't come with anything and I bought mine brand new.

If it doesn't recognize the device, try a different USB port, and if it still doesn't recognize, it could possibly be damaged or your computer just isn't compatible. I'd also try the mouse on a few different computers.