speed up w7toolkit on high spec systems

adminxp

Legolash2o - i am very upset u ignore me...

i suggest to dramatically improve perfomance of the program.

my suggestion is to move mount\temp folder to RAM which is about 100 and times faster than any of HDD\SDD.

w7t need to have this option for systems with 8GB+ ram.

nowadays i have 16GB ram, next month upgrade to 32GB.

nowadays i my pc spend 5 HOURS! to rebuild only 1 image (drivers\themes\addons and so on) up to 25 Hours to rebuild only x86 images + 20 for x64!!!

1 mistake - and again losing 20-40 hours....

Edited by adminxp

Legolash2o - i am very upset u ignore me...

Where have i ignored you?!?!? I've replied to lots of your posts in recent days...

i suggest to dramatically improve perfomance of the program.

my suggestion is to move mount\temp folder to RAM which is about 100 and times faster than any of HDD\SDD.

w7t need to have this option for systems with 8GB+ ram.

nowadays i have 16GB ram, next month upgrade to 32GB.

This is not possible, i mean it's really not possible, i can't imagine how complex coding that will be even if it is possible... :albert: :omg:

nowadays i my pc spend 5 HOURS! to rebuild only 1 image (drivers\themes\addons and so on) up to 25 Hours to rebuild only x86 images + 20 for x64!!!

1 mistake - and again losing 20-40 hours....

I had an issue like that once, it was my anti-virus. If it helps i had Microsoft Security Essentials :)

EDIT: http://memory.datara...oftware/ramdisk

That will mount your RAM to a drive letter, then you can set W7T temp folder to that...

lol the new partition is very fast 150MB/s +

Edited by Legolash2o

Legolash2o - i sent u private message - u are not answering. i really want to help u to improve w7t.

i am not a noob:)) antivirus is turned off. HDD slow down integrating proccess. CPU\RAM is used by 20-30% (2800 drivers to integrate in each image it takes forever!)

also i tryed Sata 3 SDD - a bit faster but still very slow.

operationg should be moved to RAM (its very chep now, also not a porblem to install 16-32GB)

what about free ramdisk software?

http://www.commix.ru/ramdisk.zip

i did not see your message, adding you on skype now.

RAM Disk will mount your RAM to a drive letter, you can then mount to that drive (omg it's well fast) :) I was so impressed by it i literally just bought it.

LOL 1.20GB/s+ transfer rate lmao :P

Edited by Legolash2o

Just read this - nice to know information. I'm using VSuite Ramdisk (Professional Edition) to create a RAMDrive and right now I have \TMP, \TEMP, and \Temporary Internet Files folders created by VSuite in which ever operating system I boot into: XP Pro w/SP3, XP Pro x64 w/SP2, and Win7 Ultimate 32/64 bit w/SP1.

So, do you have a recommendation for the best\maximum\minimum size of the RAMDrive when mounting Win7 and running W7Tookit? Though I have only 8Gb or total RAM for use by the 64-bit operating systems on my present system I'm in the process of building myself a new system with at least 32Gb of RAM and, possibly later, moving up to 64Gb (maximum for the new motherboard).

I use a WIN7 dual hard drive laptop for all my work but I only have 4GIG mem so I don't use a RAM drive (I just order 2x4GIG RAM upgrade so will start using RAM drive soon). One of my drives is an SSD so should I create both the W7T temp and mount folders on the SSD for best performance?

Well i leave my temp settings on default but if you use RAMDisk then set the temp folders on the RAMDisk, i've never used W7T with RAMDisk before but a benchmark tool said it could do around 6-7GB/s so it should be alot faster...

Edited by Legolash2o

Well i leave my temp settings on default but if you use RAMDisk then set the temp folders on the RAMDisk, i've never used W7T with RAMDisk before but a benchmark tool said it could do around 6-7GB/s so it should be alot faster...

setting w7t temp folders to the RAM disk cause program not to do anything- AIO tool doesnt do its work!

need bug fix.

can provide u my screen through skype to speed up explanation

(i am online)

[908872] [ INFO ] Mounting new image.

Wim: [D:\ru-en_win7_sp1_x86-x64_dvd_18in1_activated\SOURCES\boot.wim]

Image Index: [2]

Mount Path: [G:\W7T\Boot]

[908872] ImageCreate:(221): The volume of the specified mount path does not support reparse points. Please mount to a volume that supports reparse points.

1326910049-clip-5kb.png

Edited by adminxp

[pic removed]

this thing still slow down the procces.

driver on hdd being copied to the root then copy to ram disk....

can u copy the driver folder directly to the ram disk - then integrate it to the OS image?

Edited by Legolash2o

if your drivers do not have foreign non-english characters (non russian) in it then change the "method" on the drivers tab in AIO. Default is method 3 (slowest) while Method 1 is the fastest.

Select Help for more info.

EDIT: I've removed your picture due to what Kels said. Don't let it happen again!

Edited by Legolash2o

Depending on the source used the install.wim file could vary in size from 3.7Gb down to 2.1Gb.

I would then have to assume that if the \Mount folder is created on a RAMDrive the drive itself would have to be much bigger than the install.wim file being used. Then, as the process of updating is being done what is the then maximum size required by the RAMDrive to support the updating?

So, while using a RAMDrive may decrease the time required for the W7Toolkit to perform there could be issues with the amount of space provided versus the amount of space required. Or has someone used the W7Toolkit using a RAMDrive and things completed satisfactorily. Anyone know?

Also, would the process be enhanced of the \Mount folder was on a separate hard drive than that from which W7Toolkit is running? Similar to the thinking behind creating the swap file on a different drive than the one on which Windows is/was installed.

I've made a few changes to the addon integration process since v93, better error catching, error logs etc... The last time i worked on it was like 2009-2010 as it was directly from Vista Update Toolkit lol :)

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: Fixed silent installer tweak where it should not ask you if you want run exe after install.

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: Updated addon integrator code

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: Change CMD Text Colour tweak now works and has more colours

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: Disable pagefile tweak now works

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: All-In-One tool now has foreign character detection.

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: W7T will now only let you mount images on NTFS volumes

*1.3.0.94RC^FIX: W7T will not only let you mount to directories with english characters (non-foreign)

*1.3.0.94RC^Removed 'Show Groups' in Options

*1.3.0.94RC^Set Product key has been added to WIM Manager

*1.3.0.94RC^Unattended option has been removed from All-In-One tool

*1.3.0.94RC^New Unattended method for WIM Manager

*1.3.0.94RC^WIM Manager now shows Make ISO & Rebuild by default

*1.3.0.94RC^WIM Manager let's you switch from Tool <> WIM Manager and visa-versa.

Edited by Legolash2o

aaaaaaaaaaaannnd would you like fries with that?

You are awefully demanding for someone using a free product!

i help author to find bugs:)

you understand me wrong.

ah, i forgot: please, dont u mind to see this error, could you please fix that sh(bug). - then you are right.

without this words i respect author:)))