[Installer] Windows Sidebar 1.7 XP/2003

^SoKoOLz^

• 2 weeks later...
If you installed the sidebar using my addon or installer you can go to Add or Remove Programs and in the Windows Sidebar uninstall options you can use the Change button to reregister the sidebar libraries.

Manual register commands you can cut and paste into a run or cmd window

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\.\regsvr32.exe" "sbdrop.dll" "wlsrvc.dll"

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" /RegServer

I'm suddenly having the same problem with some gadgets like MultiMeter Dual-Core & Outlook Appointments only showing as a white box. However, the

Edited by Yochanan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I install windows sidebar, but still encourted error! :ranting:.What should fix the problems?
Error

Error refers to a difference between actual behavior or measurement and the norms or expectations for the behavior or measurement. The concrete meaning of the Latin word error means "wandering" or "straying", although the metaphorical meaning "mistake, misapprehension" is more common.

By using "error" word you might consider using explanation of which type of error are you talking about?

• 1 month later...

Hi, SoKoOlz. Im having MSXML 6.0, WLAN API, VC2005, and AlkyXP was installed.Internet Explorer 7.0, WMP 11 and .NET Framework 2.0, but i'm run windows sidebar, who was showed windows error messages? Can fix it up? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, SoKoOlz. Im having MSXML 6.0, WLAN API, VC2005, and AlkyXP was installed.Internet Explorer 7.0, WMP 11 and .NET Framework 2.0, but i'm run windows sidebar, who was showed windows error messages? Can fix it up? :D

you dont need VC2005 if your using ALKY....

maybe that helps...

shouldnt really make a difference. what kind of errors are you having?

Creme la Creme, what should thoosje vista sidebar have now! :angry: i need a help to fix it. The VC2005 can't uninstall! :blink: Can repair again? :) Please! Do it!

Creme la Creme, what should thoosje vista sidebar have now! :angry: i need a help to fix it. The VC2005 can't uninstall! :blink: Can repair again? :) Please! Do it!

this is not the thoosie sidebar. if that what your having problems with, then your at the wrong forum. if your having problems with this sidebar installer, please post a screenshot of your error message.

this is not the thoosie sidebar. if that what your having problems with, then your at the wrong forum. if your having problems with this sidebar installer, please post a screenshot of your error message.

After Uninstall VC2005, windows sidebar can't start, my computer using processor Intel Pentium 4. Can fix again? :(

• 1 month later...

I just deployed Windows Sidebar for XP out to all of my users at my company. One pre-requisite that was missing was Windows Installer 3.1, which I added to my deployment script. Almost everyone appears to be working correctly now.

However, a few of the people are getting the following error:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem"

I've tried reinstalling the Sidebar, but receive the same error.

I've also attached a screenshot of the error.

*EDIT* I did a folder compare of a working machine to a non-working machine for the C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar directory and they are identical. So the problem must be in the DLL dependencies somewhere.

post-8219-1209671242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bryan Stone

I just deployed Windows Sidebar for XP out to all of my users at my company. One pre-requisite that was missing was Windows Installer 3.1, which I added to my deployment script. Almost everyone appears to be working correctly now.

However, a few of the people are getting the following error:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem"

I've tried reinstalling the Sidebar, but receive the same error.

I've also attached a screenshot of the error.

*EDIT* I did a folder compare of a working machine to a non-working machine for the C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar directory and they are identical. So the problem must be in the DLL dependencies somewhere.

Just in case others are having this trouble. The problem was that these people were running Windows XP Service Pack 1. Once Service Pack 2 was installed, the installation worked correctly.

P.S. I don't understand why people are saying IE7 is required, everyone here is running IE6 and ALL gadgets we've run or developed work perfectly, transparency included.

• 1 year later...

Just installed sidebar in my new w2k3 3790 SP2 laptop system. All my usual sidebar gadgets (see attached pic) seem to be working fine, except one: Network Meter v3.1 does not show my Wifi Network ID, and signal is always "None Detected". I am using my Wifi and signal is nearly 100%. Other then that, all other functions of this gadget seem to work fine. Before installing the sidebar, I had installed Alky1.0 (then after installing the sidebar removed Alky and have now VAIO2003 in it's place), VC2005, MSXML 6.0 (but not necessarily in that order), and last IE7. Could not install WLAN API KB918997 (even under XP Compatibility mode), but I understand installing it is not a requisite on W2K3 systems. WMP11 has not been installed yet, but in my other system it is, and the Network Meter gadget doesn't work either. Just in case have rebooted system, but gadget stays the same. Currently using WMP10 and don't see any ill effects on any gadgets so far.

Sorry if this topic has already been answered somewhere else, but if so can anyone point me in the right direction?

What is missing in my system to make the WL Network Meter gadget fully functional?

Thanks.