What do you think about Objectdock??

skorch41

• 1 month later...

ObjectDock only uses 1% of my ram, I love it. Here is a set of Dock/Folder icons i created using Paint.net and IcoFx. Merged format of 48x48 and 256x256 for use in XP and Vista as dock icons or shortcut folders on the desktop

Preview1.png

Get them at Wincustomize

Edited by DMHolt57

Thnx Wolf, I hope users here will like and use. They are being downloaded quite often, so perhaps they will start showing up on some desktops. Nice forum you guys have here, hope i can contribute frequently.

Edited by DMHolt57

Thnx Wolf, I hope users here will like and use. They are being downloaded quite often, so perhaps they will start showing up on some desktops. Nice forum you guys have here, hope i can contribute frequently.

DM could you please use another font color it's very hard to read on some themes if you don't use a dark theme here :icon_rolleyes:

DM could you please use another font color it's very hard to read on some themes if you don't use a dark theme here :icon_rolleyes:

I'm sorry, using the Grafitti skin here, and it looked good on the dark backgrounds, will refrain from customizing post font colors in the future.

I haven't used object dock. I was always concerned about resource usage. I have been using rocket dock(thanks to Ricktendo64) and I love it. It seems to respond faster than clicking on system icons directly. I dont notice any resource usage, but not having used object dock I may be comparing apples to oranges here. :welcome:

• 2 weeks later...

I have used ObjectDock pretty much since it came out, and have never had a problem with it. I jumped at the chance to upgrade to the Plus version, and it makes my work so much easier with an organized desktop. :)

Resource usage is very low. I recommend trying it out. :)

Edited by Island Dog

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i am running objectdock 1.9free (no tabs), consumes about 5 MB, has kkmenu and stacksdocklet...also have RK Launcher and Y'z dock, and both use almost same resources. I guess it's a matter of taste, and the number of items docked.

post-3979-1198808818_thumb.jpg

i am running objectdock 1.9free (no tabs), consumes about 5 MB, has kkmenu and stacksdocklet...also have RK Launcher and Y'z dock, and both use almost same resources. I guess it's a matter of taste, and the number of items docked.

Looks good, is it running on Vista?