Sign in to follow this  
Lanu

Can't delete WinToolkit_Mount folder

Hi, I am unable to remove C:\WinToolkit_Mount\ folder. It takes a lot space on my c: drive about 9 gigabytes.

It says i dont have permission, even thought I am using admistration account(windows 7 x64).

I tried bootable linux (puppy linux) from usb and it says "operation not supported or something" when I try to delete the folder.

Any help  appreciated.

Hi, it doesnt show in wim manager anymore. The folders inside wintoolkit_mount are program files, program files (x86) and windows. Wintoolkit never close properly, it hangs writing on temp folder. I have to force it to close.

Hi there!

I know this is quite old topic but I had the same problem. So here is my story

I think the problem occured when I mounted wim-file in WIM editor but did not unmount it after changes but closed WTK. Then I deleted the mount folder and there were couple of left behind. I tried deleting these leftovers with killbox, linux live cd etc. but nothing worked. After many hours of googling different solutions to delete "locked" filesI finally got together this method and it did work:

First you must change the owner permissionf of "damaged" mount folder:

Right-Click the folder -> Properties -> Security tab -> Advanced button -> Owner tab -> Edit button -> Select your user account -> Activate Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.

When done, close all properties windows and open Properties again -> Security tab -> Advanced button -> Permissons tab -> Change Permissons button -> Add your user account and select Replace all child object...

Then open command promt with administrator priviledges ( https://technet.microsoft.com/fi-fi/library/cc947813%28v=ws.10%29.aspx )

Type the following and press enter:

DISM /Cleanup-Wim

Now you should be able to able to delete all leftover files/folders.

Best regards

Zaru

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BusyElf
      I've researched the subject and have found almost all info needed to construct a batch command pipeline except how to get all keys from .reg file (or from command line) to get properly inserted into mounted subkey.
      I did found info about method involving running reg/regedit under desired user account, but i doubt it would work for user accounts inside wim and i also need to target key "HKU/.DEFAULT". I didn't test this.
      I have succeeded importing a hand-crafted .reg file into mounted subkey, but this would require me to manually alter all keys in .reg file so they get under required locations.
      If there is no other solution, i will try to put something together to partially automate this task.
    • By thedexmonster
      Have you considered adding RamDisk capability to the Toolkit? I manually run DISM using a RamDisk (Created with Open Source ImDisk: http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html) as the ScratchDir and it is significantly faster!

Also, maybe someone could help me determine why DISM fails to integrate updates when the MountPoint is on a ramdisk?
    • By niTe_RiDeR_Pr0
      Hi Lego,
      I set the priority of dism & external apps high, as shown in the screenshot.
      But after start applying in the aio integrator, I just checked the priority of dism. Its normal!
      wintoolkit ver 1.5.3.9; dism (system) version 6.1.7600.16385; dism (installed) version: 6.3.9600.16384
      Please fix.

I found out one more thing: for mount and unmount, wintoolkit doesn't use dism. It uses ImageX. So why is it written that the process that require dism is mount & unmount (as shown in below screenshot)? Till now in any version (from 1.4, I started using wintoolkit from version 1.4.x.x), I haven't seen usage of dism in the mount & unmount. I have seen that its used by wintoolkit for integration (servicing).

Thank you.

Screenshots:

• By niTe_RiDeR_Pr0
      Hi Lego,
      I am trying to integrate the following updates (given in the log file and one more update KB2976978. There are total 30(with the error, specified in the log), + 1 (succefully integrated). all the failed updates show the following dism error: 0xc0000135. Here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/CqHrV1HS
      I had downloaded the updates from WHDownloader (Windows8.1-Update3-x64 update list), for my windows 8.1 enterprise (non-eval) x64 iso with update (en_windows_8.1_enterprise_with_update_x64_dvd_6054382.iso)
      Wintoolkit version is 1.5.3.9

So how to fix this? Thanks 

btw, i can't upload a log file as attahcment. why?

thanks in advance.
    • By MAXtoriX
      With this addon you can use DISM from Windows 8.1 on your Windows 7. To switch to it, type in Run, Start menu or in any cmd window: 81dism
      when console is open you can type dism to check the version and you can begin with using Win8.1's DISM on Win7.

32-bit version:
      Download 81DISM x86 | Size: 1.06 MB | MD5: dafc63647f566a14eb3f7f9fca692c22 | SHA-1: 39900a641dec5f69a8ee94758d97102515a58724

64-bit version:
      Download 81DISM x64 | Size: 1.24 MB | MD5: c4a11e81779f2f4ae99dd9d7817e3e0a | SHA-1: d863f2c2770fa248c6c77e880fc3fadadf286083