[Release] V'ISO b8.2.2 (Last)

ricktendo

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who want to use it my sndvol32.exe.res is 1046 (PT-BR) language please translate to your language(Use Restorator 2007) before replace(patch)

USE:

Restorator.exe -open sndvol32.exe.res -setLangID (your language number) -noBackup -save -exit

Exemple:

Restorator.exe -open sndvol32.exe.res -setLangID 1046 -noBackup -save -exit

TO TRANSLATE TO MY LANGUAGE PT-BR

I hope I have helped

Excuse my english man... :D

Edited by Sabotendar_kun

Hey rick,

Maybe you can shed some light on this issue I am having, I have finally narrowed down my problem.

a. If I patch with V'ISO I get a plug and play driver wizard window pop up right when WPI is executed from RunOnceEx. I have tried integrating V'ISO first then driver packs, also tried driver packs then V'ISO with the same result.

b. If I do not patch with V'ISO I do not get the plug and play driver wizard.

Any help would be appreciated, if not no worries I will keep at it...

wow i think u found the cause of my runonceexe driver window problem.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2204

and on an other note, v'iso new build is causing windows to use the classic setup for sum odd reason, heres the screen shot.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?act...post&id=815

Edited by bober

@bober

hmm, yeah well I can say for sure if I do not patch with V'ISO everything go's without a hitch soon as I patch with V'ISO I get the plug and play driver wizard which is really annoying, been at this stupid thing for days. I use classic setup so I cannot say anything about that.

@rick

I use nLite, use integrator for 1 addon which I have not been integrating so I can try and figure out what the heck is going on. rick why the heck would this be happening after patching with V'ISO :huh:

EDIT:

I can confirm I did not have this driver wizard window popup and was patched with V'ISO, I have no idea how long ago that was, I test a lot in VMWARE and do not get the window, just on my PC.

always integrator never nlite.ill do a test build 2 morow without viso and see if the driver install windows go away.but i can confirm the windows setup problem where it installs in classic mode.tested it many times, with and without, and each time i could reproduce the error or not.

Edited by bober

I had a similar problem long ago, and what I did was many test only with parts of V'ISO until I found the ones that caused my problem. First the half of V'ISO, then the other half, and then the half of the one containing the RES file with the problem, and so on, until I found the specific RES file causing the whole mess.

I know it is a long process, but it worked for me with some patience and time.

Edited by Rhor

That would take a dam long time though, sure I could keep splitting it up but I would have to get right down to teh last file which would be a bit of a be otch. Tell me about this problem you had and any related res files ?

I don't remember anymore, all the time I've spent building my "perfect" XP ISO I encountered so many issues that I forgot about most of them.

But if you say that the problem show up only when you test it on a real machine, you could trace the issue faster. Maybe your machines are using a SATA HDD, and the virtual machine doesn't, that could be clue. It could be a similar problem that the one with MovieMaker, the program doesn't like to have it's files patched.

Edited by Rhor

....but i can confirm the windows setup problem where it installs in classic mode.tested it many times, with and without, and each time i could reproduce the error or not.

i may be wrong, but this info may give a clue, to do the opposite ... i mean

from http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/74/

" Enabling the Classic Billboards

This step is simple.

Delete the files:

winntbbu.dll

winntbbu.dl_

Now, open up txtsetup.sif. Find all instances of winntbbu.dll, and delete the ENTIRE line that it's on. You can also use nlite and remove it under the Options section.

Do the same for the file dosnet.inf, and delete all instances winntbbu.dll you find in there as well. "

@amnesia ,i do not wish to have the old style install,viso is causing the installer to run this way ,i have no clue why,all i know if i do not patch my files,the system uses the billboards and if do patch with viso the installs uses classic mode, and @sull ,i use the stock viso resourses.my driver install windows that are popping up are for hard drives.this problem came up last december, i havint changed my system since,still runing with sata drives.I think i have sorta an idea whats happening,it seems sum resources affect the system, for example the movie maker resources,altho well patched causes the system to complain for sum reason,so i think something similar is happening with other resources thus causing my classic setup problem and the driver window prob.i wouldint be supprised that one or more of the msc's are causing this.

ill do a test build without viso on a real machine and see if i still get those driver install windows at runonceexe.

Edited by bober

2 bober

i apologise for the confused reply, but the keywords were "...to do the opposite...".

i meant to check winntbbu presence in proper places and so on.

btw, when i pressed shift+F11, during "fancy" setup it shows

both versions on the same screen :0)

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9836/25464852ux6.jpg

p.s. maybe U can post a link to yours winntbbu, for dissection?

p.s.s personally, i've given up on "movie maker" and removed it.

Edited by amnesia

yes all files are present where they should be(in txtsetup/dosnet entries and phisically present on disc).and using shift+F11 would be missing the point here,setup starts in classic mode.i have deleted my iso build and will have to build a new one to be able to post my winntbbu.dll file.but i doubt it would be the culprit.will try to post info later on.

2 bober

here is what i did to get screen in Post #393:

- i took nlited setup folder, with classic setup and added winntbbu.dll with billboards

- winntbbu.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0 >TXTSETUP.SIF

- d1,winntbbu.dll >DOSNET.INF

classic setup was not running, i've called it on screen, but it's coming from syssetup.dll

Edited by amnesia

Hey rick,

Maybe you can shed some light on this issue I am having, I have finally narrowed down my problem.

a. If I patch with V'ISO I get a plug and play driver wizard window pop up right when WPI is executed from RunOnceEx. I have tried integrating V'ISO first then driver packs, also tried driver packs then V'ISO with the same result.

b. If I do not patch with V'ISO I do not get the plug and play driver wizard.

Any help would be appreciated, if not no worries I will keep at it...

Try this - do nlite, then ryanvm, then slipstream wmp11, then v'iso, then integrate drivers. Thats the order I do things and have no issues that your experiencing. Hope this helps a little.

I just stumbled onto this project and i must say i am very impressed with it, great work everyone, it looks awsome from the screenshots.

I just have a question :

Is integrating with Nlite compatible with viso or is there a guide / prefered method on integrating wmp11,IE 7 and sp3, and if so does anyone have links to it ?

@Jig Saw

I normally do this,

- Fresh source

- Integrate SP3 ( nLite, nuhi done a very nice job here )

- Media player 11 ( booogy slip )

- Copy over my huge $OEM$ folder ( specific to my setup )

- Copy WPI folder ( highly suggested, thanks kel )

- Run nLite ( do everything except drivers )

- DPs BASE ( driver integration, guys over at driverpacks.net )

- V'ISO ( ricks amazing work )

- RunBox Patcher ( again thank rick for this one )

Last 3 you can switch around with no issues, while I have been dealing with this problem I have not been using RunBox Patcher. I am actually close to finding which file/files is causing the problem 21 left to go :)

@amaedict

The order I used will work fine for you.

hm I need some help with netshell.dll and xpsp2res.dll - I would like to change the icons in the tray to vistalike network icons, but using icons from this package crashes my wireless intel framework. Iam on a GERMAN OS, so I changed the language id first, but ...

I tried everything - is this only possible for englisch os?

Ruben

ok thnx for info.

why after i integrate it doesnt the theme display inside windows ?

throughout the whole setup it showed the vista screens, but once you enter the windows itself it still shows xp borders and windows. any idea what i did wrong ?