XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

thanks sir for ur reply... i have preinstalled VistaVG Theme... is it hampered the extraction or something else?... im noob in this area :doh: .. so plz help me... I Love the Total Theme....TC

No problem. I doubt that integrating something simple as a theme would hamper the extract. Integrating an Update Pack into an install after XPtsp integration should only cause the system to patch those files that have been updated once the XP source has been installed. Unfortunately, I really am at a loss on how to explain what's going on, because I haven't encountered this issue.

Have you tried the latest version? Maybe it'll make a difference....

No problem. I doubt that integrating something simple as a theme would hamper the extract. Integrating an Update Pack into an install after XPtsp integration should only cause the system to patch those files that have been updated once the XP source has been installed. Unfortunately, I really am at a loss on how to explain what's going on, because I haven't encountered this issue.

Have you tried the latest version? Maybe it'll make a difference....

thanks sir again for giving me ur valuable time... i hv downloaded the latest version (XPtsp_v2.0.0.1_GUI.exe) yesterday and installed it in my running WinXP SP2. everything was smooth during installation process.... but after first reboot its continuously rebooting automatically after every Boot.... :shy:

then i had to setup a new Windows...

Was there any special/custom settings that have to put down? tx again sir...TC

I'm fairly certain the live install requires SP3. I don't understand why people insist on running ONLY SP2. SP3 is not the boogyman. ;)

ohh tx sir :D ..... i ll surely update it to SP3 before installing XPtsp_v2.0.0.1_GUI.exe

thanks sir again for giving me ur valuable time... i hv downloaded the latest version (XPtsp_v2.0.0.1_GUI.exe) yesterday and installed it in my running WinXP SP2. everything was smooth during installation process.... but after first reboot its continuously rebooting automatically after every Boot.... :shy:

then i had to setup a new Windows...

Was there any special/custom settings that have to put down? tx again sir...TC

Huh.... so there is no prompt to reboot? Let me create a VM with XP SP2 and see if I can't duplicate this "situation" you've encountered. No, there's no "special" or custom settings that have to put in. I've run the GUI using the default options for all of my tests.
I'm fairly certain the live install requires SP3.
I've tested it on SP3 on all my tests, but there is no reason why it shouldn't run successfully on SP2. Now, one of the modifications that the GUI is forced to do have everything to do with SP3, like the WBEMOC fix. The WBEMOC problem literally doesn't exist in SP2, but is a major pain in SP3 (and I suspect it was deliberately done to annoy those that integrate stuff!) But everything else should work properly on a SP2 install.
ohh tx sir :D ..... i ll surely update it to SP3 before installing XPtsp_v2.0.0.1_GUI.exe
I have doubts as to whether that will change anything, but if it does, please let me know.

I created a VM using virgin copy of XP SP2 (no update packs, no add-ons, no patches). With the exception of an array error, the VM behaves properly, as far as I can see.

EDIT: Huh, after rebooting, I tried to run the Repatcher proggie within the VM. The VM promptly crashes. Once it rebooted, I tried again. Promptly crashed again.... I'll have to look into this issue because something isn't right about this....

EDIT2: After disabling automatic reboot, I got a blue-screen with this message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x75e9ad23 0x0052fa160)

The system has been shut down.

This site says that the reason this error occurs is that either the winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe process fails.

You can disable automatic reboot by going to Start Menu, right-clicking on My Computer, click on Properties, go to Advanced tab, click on "System startup, system failure, and debugging information" button. Uncheck the "Automatic reboot". Once you do so, please tell me what the error message is. Thanks!

might be a comctlc32 problem.

Well, I've modified the CAD2009 add-on so that the COMDLG32.DLL file isn't copied to the Windows\System32 folder if the installed OS isn't SP3. I think that this might be at fault, but I won't know for certain until I run my next test....

EDIT: Making that modification made no difference.... Something I've noticed during this last test is that the last-minute stuff doesn't happen. Bootscreen wasn't patched, nor was the section in XPtsp.ini populated.... Wonder why....

Edited by dougiefresh

Okay, latest poll has been closed. (Yes, I know it's a day late!) Here are the results:

Q: When installing XP on your system, do you have to install a MUI pack in order for your language to be supported?

- Yes (3 out of 14) - 21.43%

- No (11 out of 14) - 78.57%

I'm not sure how these poll results will influence the GUI at this point, but I'm sure it will....

Regarding the GUI, I'm still trying to make the GUI work on a XP SP2 installation without blue-screening the VM. So far, the results haven't been good... This doesn't mean "abandon SP2, all ye!", so don't take it that way! I just thought I'd let y'all know that I'm making progress...

What's Changed in v2.0.0.2:

- Fixed patching code so that it correctly patches XPNETDG.EXE.

- Modified install code so that alternate versions of COMCTL32.DLL are located before patching.

- Modified last-minute code so that it finds & patches alternate versions of COMCTL32.DLL.

- Page 7 modified to handle up to 7 alternate versions of COMCTL32.DLL.

- Page 7 modified for more options on XPtsp program integration into XP source.

- Integration: Driver Signing set to "Ignore" to handle unsigned drivers.

- Integration: If no WINNT.SIF exists in i386, a WINNT.SIF answer file is created.

- XPTSP.EXE is run via SVCPACK when Repatcher program isn't included.

- File structure changed so that "Misc" and "Extra" folders are merged.

- "Extra\SP3" folder created to handle files that shouldn't be added to pre-SP3 installs.

- MSC files, as well as replacement MSTSC files, moved into "Extra\SP3" folder.

- Internal function reorganization and streamlined for clarity.

- Added code to auto-detect language if none selected.

- Vista User Accounts Pictures have been put into it's own add-on.

Ever since the notice that there is something wrong when integrating into a XP SP2 install, I've been doing my tests using a Windows XP SP2 install. I haven't seen any BSOD's like with v2.0.0.1, so hopefully, whatever the problem was has been resolved. But I'd say that the problem lies with the SP3 Microsoft Management Console (MSC) files that were integrated. A lot of differences took place between SP2 and SP3 and it's possible that the new MSC files call on some functionality that is present in SP3, but not in SP2, but that's just a guess....

My SP3 detection code declares an install to be SP3 if the kernel is the SP3 RTM build or later that was released. Please, do not ask if the SP3 beta or release candidate versions can also be declared SP3 by the GUI because it won't happen.

I am going to start on the translation code. I've gotten some sample non-English files and will be experimenting using them to build non-English versions of the resource files. At this point, the code will be limited to those program files using a non-English language ID. Right now, I'm not sure how I will handle the MUI files installed after XP installation.... Like everything else, I guess I'll figure it out....

Okay, I want to let you all know what's going on and what will be happening. My first tests of the translation code consisted of a file from both the French and Dutch version of XP. It was suprisingly successful, with very little issue of transcription of text from one language to another. The spacing and position need to be adjusted, but it actually worked! It took about a third of a second to perform the resource alteration, so I'm guessing probably no more than an extra minute to translate the actual resources to the destination language.

Then I tested with the other files that I received, thinking since one file worked, the rest should too! WRONG! Every test failed, mostly because the text was out of order. In the case of the Sysdm.cpl, the script wrecked the resources so bad that recompilation wasn't possible.

So, I started looking at the resources themselves, looking to adjust the positioning to the same layout that the Dutch version of XPtsp. I extracted everything and realized how many different files I'd have to go through. This was distressing to me (for some reason) because there are 240+ files that need to be fixed across 5 resource themes! So I pondered this situation....

After discussion with Bober and Fixit, I have decided to seperate the theme-specific elements from the rest of each resource file. It will be mostly the left-side bitmaps that are being added, but it will also include anything that is different from the original Green theme. Seperating the resources like this will allow us to edit the dialog boxes and have it effect EVERY theme without having to edit the same file in every theme. It will also result in smaller update files that will have to be downloaded by the user in order to update their installation, as they won't contain the theme-specific resources.

Given all this, you're probably wondering how this will effect the patcher program. Well, first, there are some minor alterations going to happen to the resource integration code, mainly to add another res file to the patching. But Page 6 (Theme Selection) will be modified to download TWO files, the master package and a theme package. The Updating Code will be modified to check both sets of files for updates, as well as handle the transistion from v1.x.x.x and v2.0.x.x to v2.1.x.x.

Lastly, versions prior to v2.1.0.0 will only be able to download the new patcher executable because the resource files themselves will have changed significantly. The master package, as well as a theme package, will have to be downloaded before applying the packs.

The master package, as well as a theme package, will have to be downloaded before applying the packs.

LOL, while downloading the "green.7z" package, the download speed was REALLY wrong. :)

It was showing between 3 and 5 kb/sec when in reality it was cruising close to 1 MB/sec. :)

*Edit

Holy Schnikie!!! :o

The entire contents of i386\svcpack\ have been deleted!

WTF? :excl:

My entire source was borked. Had to start over.

Used 2.0.0.2 GUI. Deleted the log with the rest of the source. :(

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Jatin Beniwal: I think I've found the problem that you're referring to. I'll upload a new version probably tomorrow.

LOL, while downloading the "green.7z" package, the download speed was REALLY wrong. :)

It was showing between 3 and 5 kb/sec when in reality it was cruising close to 1 MB/sec. :)

Mr_Smartepants: Thank you for pointing out the problem with the download rate. I've fixed the code so that it shows the proper download rate.

The entire contents of i386\svcpack\ have been deleted!
What the....? Have you tried rerunning the GUI on another source to see if the SVCPACK folder disappears? Because I don't see anything in the patcher script that would remove the I386\SVCPACK folder.

What's Changed in v2.0.0.3:

- Modified download code so that correct download rate is shown.

- Added code to Page 6 to ensure resource folder is created before extraction.

- Page 9 modified so that the empty COMCTLxx.DLL files are created properly.

Sidenote: No progress was made on the translation code. I have made the necessary changes to the Black, Blue, Purple and Red themes, based on whether the resources contained in each pack is different from the Green theme.

I have found a new server that supports PHP. Once the new website design is complete, it will be going up on the new server and xptsp.filetap.com site will be redirected to the new site so that updating functionality cotinues to work as always. PHP support will mean that the user will be able to manually download updates from the site, as well as provide some flexibility in terms of website content. A forum is not planned to be among the changes to the website.

Just integrated using GUi 2.0.0.3 and again, contents of svcpack are gone. The directory is still there, just no files.

I386 directory reduced in size from 964MB to 767MB after integration. Old svcpack folder was 246MB (now zero).

It's possible the contents of svcpack were moved to a temp dir, then not moved back before deletion.

Log:

XPtsp v2.0.0.3 Patching Started: 07/19/2009 21:11
======================================================================
Removing Read-Only Attributes from Files
Starting to patch files:
- Patching ACCESS.CPL
- Patching ACCTRES.DLL
- Patching ACCWIZ.EXE
- Patching ACLEDIT.DLL
- Patching ACLUI.DLL
- Patching ADMPARSE.DLL
- Patching AHUI.EXE
- Patching APPMGR.DLL
- Patching APPWIZ.CPL
- Patching ASCTRLS.OCX
- Patching AUDIODEV.DLL
- Patching BATMETER.DLL
- Patching BATT.DLL
- Patching BCSPRSRC.DLL
- Patching BROWSEUI.DLL
- Patching BTHCI.DLL
- Patching CABVIEW.DLL
- Patching CALC.EXE
- Patching CAPESNPN.DLL
- Patching CARDS.DLL
- Patching CDFVIEW.DLL
- Patching CERTMGR.DLL
- Patching CHARMAP.EXE
- Patching CIADMIN.DLL
- Patching CLEANMGR.EXE
- Patching CLICONFG.EXE
- Patching CLICONFG.RLL
- Patching CLIPBRD.EXE
- Patching CLIPSRV.EXE
- Patching CMD.EXE
- Patching CMDIAL32.DLL
- Patching CMDL32.EXE
- Patching CMMON32.EXE
- Patching CMPROPS.DLL
- Patching CMSTP.EXE
- Patching COMCTL32.DLL
- Patching COMDLG32.DLL
- Patching COMPATUI.DLL
- Patching COMPSTUI.DLL
- Patching COMRES.DLL
- Patching CONF.EXE
- Patching CONIME.EXE
- Patching CONSOLE.DLL
- Patching CREDUI.DLL
- Patching CRYPTUI.DLL
- Patching CSCDLL.DLL
- Patching CSCRIPT.EXE
- Patching CSCUI.DLL
- Patching CTFMON.EXE
- Patching DATACLEN.DLL
- Patching DDESHARE.EXE
- Patching DESK.CPL
- Patching DESKADP.DLL
- Patching DESKMON.DLL
- Patching DESKPERF.DLL
- Patching DEVMGR.DLL
- Patching DFRGRES.DLL
- Patching DFRGUI.DLL
- Patching DIALER.EXE
- Patching DISKCOPY.DLL
- Patching DMDLGS.DLL
- Patching DMDSKRES.DLL
- Patching DPMODEMX.DLL
- Patching DPVOICE.DLL
- Patching DPVSETUP.EXE
- Patching DSKQUOUI.DLL
- Patching DSPROP.DLL
- Patching DSQUERY.DLL
- Patching DSUIEXT.DLL
- Patching DXDIAG.EXE
- Patching DXDIAGN.DLL
- Patching DXMASF.DLL
- Patching ELS.DLL
- Patching EUDCEDIT.EXE
- Patching EVENTVWR.EXE
- Patching EXPLORER.EXE
- Patching EXTMGR.DLL
- Patching FDE.DLL
- Patching FILEMGMT.DLL
- Patching FLDRCLNR.DLL
- Patching FONTEXT.DLL
- Patching FREECELL.EXE
- Patching FSQUIRT.EXE
- Patching FTSRCH.DLL
- Patching FXSCFGWZ.DLL
- Patching FXSCLNT.EXE
- Patching FXSCLNTR.DLL
- Patching FXSCOVER.EXE
- Patching FXSWZRD.DLL
- Patching GCDEF.DLL
- Patching GPEDIT.DLL
- Patching GPTEXT.DLL
- Patching GRPCONV.EXE
- Patching HDWWIZ.CPL
- Patching HELPCTR.EXE
- Patching HH.EXE
- Patching HHCTRL.OCX
- Patching HHCTRLUI.DLL
- Patching HMMAPI.DLL
- Patching HNETWIZ.DLL
- Patching HOTPLUG.DLL
- Patching HTICONS.DLL
- Patching HYPERTRM.EXE
- Patching ICMUI.DLL
- Patching ICWCONN1.EXE
- Patching ICWCONN2.EXE
- Patching ICWDIAL.DLL
- Patching ICWHELP.DLL
- Patching ICWRES.DLL
- Patching IEAKSIE.DLL
- Patching IEAKUI.DLL
- Patching IEDW.EXE
- Patching IEFRAME.DLL
- Patching IEPEERS.DLL
- Patching IERNONCE.DLL
- Patching IESETUP.DLL
- Patching IEXPLORE.EXE
- Patching IEXPRESS.EXE
- Patching IIS.DLL
- Patching IISUI.DLL
- Patching IMSINSNT.DLL
- Patching INETCFG.DLL
- Patching INETCPL.CPL
- Patching INETCPLC.DLL
- Patching INETMGR.DLL
- Patching INETMGR.EXE
- Patching INETRES.DLL
- Patching INETWIZ.EXE
- Patching INPUT.DLL
- Patching INTL.CPL
- Patching IPSECSNP.DLL
- Patching IPSMSNAP.DLL
- Patching IRCLASS.DLL
- Patching IRPROPS.CPL
- Patching ISIGN32.DLL
- Patching ISIGNUP.EXE
- Patching ITSS.DLL
- Patching JOBEXEC.DLL
- Patching JOY.CPL
- Patching KEYMGR.DLL
- Patching LIGHTS.EXE
- Patching LOCALSEC.DLL
- Patching LOGONUI.EXE
- Patching MAGNIFY.EXE
- Patching MAIN.CPL
- Patching MAPISTUB.DLL
- Patching MDMINST.DLL
- Patching MIDIMAP.DLL
- Patching MIGLOAD.EXE
- Patching MIGWIZ.EXE
- Patching MIGWIZA.EXE
- Patching MIGWIZ_A.EXE
- Patching MMC.EXE
- Patching MMCBASE.DLL
- Patching MMCNDMGR.DLL
- Patching MMCSHEXT.DLL
- Patching MMSYS.CPL
- Patching MNMSRVC.EXE
- Patching MOBSYNC.EXE
- Patching MODEMUI.DLL
- Patching MORICONS.DLL
- Patching MPLAY32.EXE
- Patching MPLAYER2.EXE
- Patching MPRUI.DLL
- Patching MQSNAP.DLL
- Patching MQUTIL.DLL
- Patching MSCONF.DLL
- Patching MSCONFIG.EXE
- Patching MSDTC.EXE
- Patching MSDXM.OCX
- Patching MSGINA.DLL
- Patching MSHEARTS.EXE
- Patching MSHTA.EXE
- Patching MSHTML.DLL
- Patching MSI.DLL
- Patching MSIDENT.DLL
- Patching MSIDNTLD.DLL
- Patching MSIEFTP.DLL
- Patching MSIEXEC.EXE
- Patching MSIHND.DLL
- Patching MSIMN.EXE
- Patching MSINFO32.EXE
- Patching MSOBMAIN.DLL
- Patching MSOERES.DLL
- Patching MSOOBE.EXE
- Patching MSPAINT.EXE
- Patching MSRATING.DLL
- Patching MSTASK.DLL
- Patching MSXML.DLL
- Patching MSXML2.DLL
- Patching MSXML3.DLL
- Patching MUCLTUI.DLL
- Patching MUWEB.DLL
- Patching MYCOMPUT.DLL
- Patching MYDOCS.DLL
- Patching NARRATOR.EXE
- Patching NCPA.CPL
- Patching NETID.DLL
- Patching NETPLWIZ.DLL
- Patching NETSETUP.EXE
- Patching NETSHELL.DLL
- Patching NEWDEV.DLL
- Patching NMAS.DLL
- Patching NMCHAT.DLL
- Patching NMFT.DLL
- Patching NMOLDWB.DLL
- Patching NMWB.DLL
- Patching NOTEPAD.EXE
- Patching NOTIFLAG.EXE
- Patching NSLOOKUP.EXE
- Patching NTBACKUP.EXE
- Patching NTLANUI2.DLL
- Patching NTMSMGR.DLL
- Patching NTOC.DLL
- Patching NTSD.EXE
- Patching NTSHRUI.DLL
- Patching NUSRMGR.CPL
- Patching OBJSEL.DLL
- Patching OCCACHE.DLL
- Patching OCGEN.DLL
- Patching ODBCAD32.EXE
- Patching ODBCCP32.CPL
- Patching ODBCINT.DLL
- Patching OEMIG50.EXE
- Patching OLEDB32.DLL
- Patching OOBEBALN.EXE
- Patching OSK.EXE
- Patching OSUNINST.DLL
- Patching OSUNINST.EXE
- Patching PACKAGER.EXE
- Patching PERFMON.EXE
- Patching PHOTOWIZ.DLL
- Patching PINBALL.EXE
- Patching POWERCFG.CPL
- Patching PRINTUI.DLL
- Patching PROGMAN.EXE
- Patching PROQUOTA.EXE
- Patching QUARTZ.DLL
- Patching RASDLG.DLL
- Patching RASPHONE.EXE
- Patching RCIMLBY.EXE
- Patching REGEDIT.EXE
- Patching REGEDT32.EXE
- Patching REGWIZC.DLL
- Patching REMOTEPG.DLL
- Patching RSMUI.EXE
- Patching RSNOTIFY.EXE
- Patching RSTRUI.EXE
- Patching RTCSHARE.EXE
- Patching RUNDLL32.EXE
- Patching RUNONCE.EXE
- Patching SAPI.CPL
- Patching SAPI.DLL
- Patching SCROBJ.DLL
- Patching SENDMAIL.DLL
- Patching SERVDEPS.DLL
- Patching SETUPORG.EXE
- Patching SETUPAPI.DLL
- Patching SETUP_WM.EXE
- Patching SHDOCLC.DLL
- Patching SHDOCVW.DLL
- Patching SHELL32.DLL
- Patching SHIMGVW.DLL
- Patching SHLWAPI.DLL
- Patching SHRPUBW.EXE
- Patching SHSCRAP.DLL
- Patching SIGVERIF.EXE
- Patching SMLOGCFG.DLL
- Patching SMTPSNAP.DLL
- Patching SNDREC32.EXE
- Patching SNDVOL32.EXE
- Patching SNMPSNAP.DLL
- Patching SOL.EXE
- Patching SPCPLUI.DLL
- Patching SPIDER.EXE
- Patching SRCLIENT.DLL
- Patching SRRSTR.DLL
- Patching STIMON.EXE
- Patching STI_CI.DLL
- Patching STOBJECT.DLL
- Patching STRMDLL.DLL
- Patching SXS.DLL
- Patching SYNCAPP.EXE
- Patching SYNCUI.DLL
- Patching SYSDM.CPL
- Patching SYSKEY.EXE
- Patching SYSMON.OCX
- Patching SYSOCMGR.EXE
- Patching SYSSETUP.DLL
- Patching TAPIUI.DLL
- Patching TASKMGR.EXE
- Hex Editing TASKMGR.EXE
- Patching TCPMONUI.DLL
- Patching TELEPHON.CPL
- Patching TELNET.EXE
- Patching THEMEUI.DLL
- Patching TIMEDATE.CPL
- Patching TSOC.DLL
- Patching UNIMDM.TSP
- Patching UPNPUI.DLL
- Patching URL.DLL
- Patching URLMON.DLL
- Patching USER32.DLL
- Patching UTILMAN.EXE
- Patching UXTHEME.DLL
- Hex Editing UXTHEME.DLL
- Patching VERIFIER.EXE
- Patching W3EXT.DLL
- Patching WAB.EXE
- Patching WAB32.DLL
- Patching WAB32RES.DLL
- Patching WABFIND.DLL
- Patching WABIMP.DLL
- Patching WABMIG.EXE
- Patching WBEMCNTL.DLL
- Patching WEBCHECK.DLL
- Patching WEXTRACT.EXE
- Patching WIAACMGR.EXE
- Patching WIADEFUI.DLL
- Patching WIASHEXT.DLL
- Patching WINBRAND.DLL
- Patching WINCHAT.EXE
- Patching WINHLP32.EXE
- Patching WININET.DLL
- Patching WINLOGON.EXE
- Patching WINMGMT.EXE
- Patching WINMINE.EXE
- Patching WINNTBBU.DLL
- Patching WINSRV.DLL
- Patching WINTRUST.DLL
- Patching WMM2RES.DLL
- Patching WMP.DLL
- Patching WMPLAYER.EXE
- Patching WMPLOC.DLL
- Patching WORDPAD.EXE
- Patching WPABALN.EXE
- Patching WPDSHEXT.DLL
- Patching WPD_CI.DLL
- Patching WRITE.EXE
- Patching WSCRIPT.EXE
- Patching WSCUI.CPL
- Patching WSECEDIT.DLL
- Patching WUAPI.DLL
- Patching WUAUCLT1.EXE
- Patching WUAUCPL.CPL
- Patching WUAUCPL.MUI
- Patching WUAUENG1.DLL
- Patching WUCLTUI.DLL
- Patching WUPDMGR.EXE
- Patching WUWEB.DLL
- Patching XPNETDG.EXE
- Patching XPSP1RES.DLL
- Patching XPSP2RES.DLL
- Patching XPSP3RES.DLL
- Patching ZIPFLDR.DLL

Extracting contents of IE8.CAB
- Patching IEFRAME.DLL.MUI
- Patching IEXPLORE.EXE.MUI
- Patching INETCPL.CPL.MUI
Compressing IE8.CAB

Extracting contents of WMP11.CAB
- Patching WMPSHARE.EXE
- Patching WMSETSDK.EXE
Compressing WMP11.CAB

Extracting contents of DRIVER.CAB
- Patching BTHCI.DLL
- Patching DVDPLAY.EXE
- Patching FSQUIRT.EXE
- Patching IRFTP.EXE
- Patching IRPROPS.CPL
- Patching PS5UI.DLL
- Patching STORPROP.DLL
- Patching UNIDRVUI.DLL
- Patching USBUI.DLL
- Patching VFWWDM32.DLL
Compressing DRIVER.CAB

Replacing AutoPlay program...
Starting to overwrite files in the I386 folder:
- Compressing BACKDOWN.JPG
- Compressing BACKOFF.JPG
- Compressing BACKOVER.JPG
- Compressing BACKUP.JPG
- Compressing BLISS.JPG
- Compressing BLUE_SS.DLL
- Compressing BTN1.GIF
- Compressing BTN2.GIF
- Compressing BTN3.GIF
- Compressing CLASSIC.THE
- Compressing DIALUP.GIF
- Compressing FINI.HTM
- Compressing GREENSHD.GIF
- Compressing GRN_BTN.GIF
- Compressing HOME_SS.DLL
- Compressing IDENT2.HTM
- Compressing INTRO.WMV
- Compressing LOGON.SCR
- Compressing LUNA.MST
- Compressing LUNA.THE
- Compressing METAL_SS.DLL
- Compressing MSLOGO.JPG
- Compressing NEWBTM1.JPG
- Compressing NEWBTM8.JPG
- Compressing NEWMARK1.JPG
- Compressing NEWMARK8.JPG
- Compressing NEWTOP1.JPG
- Compressing NEWTOP8.JPG
- Compressing NEXTDOWN.JPG
- Compressing NEXTOFF.JPG
- Compressing NEXTOVER.JPG
- Compressing NEXTUP.JPG
- Compressing PRODKEY.GIF
- Compressing QMARK.GIF
- Compressing REDSHD.GIF
- Compressing SKIPDOWN.JPG
- Compressing SKIPOFF.JPG
- Compressing SKIPOVER.JPG
- Compressing SKIPUP.JPG
- Compressing SVCPACK
- Compressing TITLE.WMA
- Compressing WELCOME.HTM
- Compressing XPBALLN.WAV
- Compressing XPBATCRT.WAV
- Compressing XPBATLOW.WAV
- Compressing XPBLKPOP.WAV
- Compressing XPCRTSTP.WAV
- Compressing XPDEF.WAV
- Compressing XPDING.WAV
- Compressing XPERROR.WAV
- Compressing XPEXCL.WAV
- Compressing XPHDFAIL.WAV
- Compressing XPHDINST.WAV
- Compressing XPHDREM.WAV
- Compressing XPINFBAR.WAV
- Compressing XPLOGOFF.WAV
- Compressing XPLOGON.WAV
- Compressing XPMENU.WAV
- Compressing XPMIN.WAV
- Compressing XPNOTIFY.WAV
- Compressing XPPRINT.WAV
- Compressing XPRECYCL.WAV
- Compressing XPRESTOR.WAV
- Compressing XPRINGIN.WAV
- Compressing XPRNGOUT.WAV
- Compressing XPSHUTDN.WAV
- Compressing XPSTART.WAV
- Compressing XPSTARTU.WAV

Patching WBEMOC.INF
Adding Optional Components
Building contents of "XPTSPCOM.CAB"
Compressing XPTSPCOM.CAB
PatchingCompleted in 894 seconds

I successfully reproduced the problem on my end. It seems to occur during the routine altering the SVCPACK folder. For some reason that I haven't tracked down yet, it removes the folder. I will try to resolve the problem (whatever it may be)...

EDIT: I've fixed the problem with the code. It didn't occur in the routine altering the SVCPACK folder, it actually occurs during the compression of the files in the EXTRA folder. The compression routine deletes the source file before compressing the new file into the place of the old file. Apparently, if specifying a folder using FileDelete, AutoIt deletes the contents of the folder! To fix this, I've added a check to filter out folders to the routine responsible.

Any update to this?

Also, can I request a mod to i386\system32\smss.exe to patch for "Media Center Edition" instead of "Professional" when %source%\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB is detected?

This is for the blue txtsetup phase to setup partitions etc.

All my attempts to mod smss.exe have failed.

This was originally requested here.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Any update to this?

Also, can I request a mod to i386\system32\smss.exe to patch for "Media Center Edition" instead of "Professional" when %source%\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386\MEDIACTR.CAB is detected?

This is for the blue txtsetup phase to setup partitions etc.

All my attempts to mod smss.exe have failed.

This was originally requested here.

I'm sorry, I've been busy doing many non-"XPtsp-related" stuff at home. I will look into the Green bootscreen issue when I get home today. (It's 4:21am here).

As for the SMSS.EXE patch, it should be possible, however, you stated all your attempts to mod SMSS.EXE have failed. How have you attempted to mod smss.exe? With reshacker? Also, did you correct the PE checksum before compression and/or inclusion in the source? If not, that's probably why the patching failed....