Regsitry Tweaks Causing NiNite not to work

digitalnerd

Hi,

I can't get ninite to work after tweaking the registry with W7T. I thought it was a component removal at first but I did a test run with compononent removal and no registry tweaks and it works fine. I'm not sure which tweak is causing the problem but it's definitely one of them.

Could it be one of the internet explorer tweaks?? A system tweak would be my next guess.

I have not tweaked any of the services either. Can somebody have a look at my preset??

I've attached a screenshot of the error message that ninite produces as well.

Thanks,

-Digital

FINAL_X64_V2.ini

post-30475-0-75619200-1328636693.png

Edited by digitalnerd

Hi,

I've tried another configuration without some of the tweaks that I thought may be causing it. Unfortuantately the probelm still exists. I would like to remind that it's not a cmoponent removal causing this problem as I have tested JUST removing components and it worked. Althought it could be combination of a removal AND a reigstry tweak?

Attached is my my most recent preset.

Thanks,

Digital

FINAL_V10.ini

Edited by digitalnerd

Hi,

That is the new information to me. I had not realized that. It's been removed and will never be used again!!

Thank you for that information. Now if we could just get this problem fixed. I must be the first one to encouter this problem or nobody knows why it is happening.

Latest PRESET has been uploaded.

Thank You.

EDIT: I've narrowed it down to a few more. Almost there!!

FINAL_V11.ini

Edited by digitalnerd

I've tried another configuration without some of the tweaks that I thought may be causing it. Unfortuantately the probelm still exists. I would like to remind that it's not a cmoponent removal causing this problem as I have tested JUST removing components and it worked. Althought it could be combination of a removal AND a reigstry tweak?

So far it seems it's just you. To find the tweak use basic troubleshooting techniques. They are a pain to do, but if you are organized it really shouldn't be too bad.

You've tested not removing any components and doing all your tweaks and it still had the same error? If so, then it's probably a tweak.

Then still don't remove any components, but take out half your tweaks. No error? Then put those tweaks back and take out the other half. Still error? Then it's one of the tweaks you are still applying.

Keep taking out half of the remaining tweaks until you've narrowed it down and found which one is causing the problem. Tweak in = error. Tweak out = no error. Then go back remove all your components and put all your tweaks back in. Error? Remove the one tweak. No error? That's the tweak. Report back so the tweak can either be fixed or removed so others don't have the same problem.

Please let us know what you find out.

Cheers and Regards

So far it seems it's just you. To find the tweak use basic troubleshooting techniques. They are a pain to do, but if you are organized it really shouldn't be too bad.

You've tested not removing any components and doing all your tweaks and it still had the same error? If so, then it's probably a tweak.

Then still don't remove any components, but take out half your tweaks. No error? Then put those tweaks back and take out the other half. Still error? Then it's one of the tweaks you are still applying.

Keep taking out half of the remaining tweaks until you've narrowed it down and found which one is causing the problem. Tweak in = error. Tweak out = no error. Then go back remove all your components and put all your tweaks back in. Error? Remove the one tweak. No error? That's the tweak. Report back so the tweak can either be fixed or removed so others don't have the same problem.

Please let us know what you find out.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks bphlpt!

I've actually already started doing that. I think I have it narrowed down to either System or Misc tweaks. I'll keep working at it and I'll post back with the solution so I can help others!

If a tweak does not apply to Win7, would it hurt to apply it? For example, the welcome center for Vista tweak. Can it cause harm by applying it or just not doing anything at all? I'm asking because I might hav accidently applied tweaks that don't pertain to my OS version and the tweak details do not specify that.

Thanks!

EDIT: WooohOO! It was an IE tweak!! FYI: Pretty sure you need to keep IE this particular installer to work and probably more. Removing it is NOT recommended from my past experiences.

Edited by digitalnerd

• 2 weeks later...

Which IE Tweak?

Sorry, It's the IE tweak called "Enable SSL"

I was able to reproduce the error and fix it by manually changing my IE settings. Not sure which SSL (2.0 , 3.0, unchecked, etc.) you actually need turned on but I think this tweak disables the ones you need for ninite to work.

I hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

It is probably the "SSL 3.0" option. Back several revisions ago, I performed an install after using W7T. With most of the IE options left alone, appearantly the default is to have 'SSL 3.0' off. With that, the game "Hellgate London" will not properly operate. It took a while to find it, but turning the option back on solved my problem with the game.