WinRAR 5.91 Giveaway on WinCert.net (closed)
WinRAR, one of the most popular and powerful file compression archiving utilities features another giveaway on WinCert.net. As always we will share 5 perpetual licenses for the latest 5.9x version of WinRAR software!
Giveaway winners who should receive their licenses from WinRAR on August 31, 2020, are:
Note: We did not disclose the full names of our winners for privacy purposes.
WinRAR is a complete software solution that offers a full set of features for opening, creating, manipulating, and managing various types of compressed files through its intuitive and streamlined interface, and it works quickly, smoothly, and efficiently. WinRAR consistently ends up at the top of the list when it comes to programs of this type, and the generous trial period means there’s no real reason not to check it out.
The major v5.90 version released back in March 2020, brought faster compression speeds for systems that host CPUs with 16 or more cores. In addition, it increased the maximum number of used threads from 32 to 64.
Along with this the latest WinRAR version now displays packed and unpacked folder sizes when browsing in the archive contents. Also, the user can now resize archiving and extraction progress windows and some other progress windows.
The repair feature of RAR5 archives with recovery records and without data shifts has been improved compared to previous versions. It is now possible to repair RAR5 archives with encrypted file names without providing a password, but the user still requires the password to open the repaired archive!
Additionally WinRAR 5.91 update comes with more features and improvements including fixed bugs from the major v5.90 version.
Here’s what’s new in WinRAR 5.91
- Dialogs are centered inside of WinRAR window similarly to WinRAR 5.80 and not inside of entire screen as in WinRAR 5.90
- When editing an archived file with external software, extra measures are taken to reduce the probability of interfering with the editor and opening its temporary files while the editor still may need them.
- “Version to extract” field in archive properties opened from the Windows Explorer context menu provides additional information about ZIP compression and encryption algorithms, such as LZMA or AES. This information was already available in WinRAR “Info” command but missed in archive information accessible from Windows Explorer.
- “MS-DOS” and “Unix” host OS types are recognized and included for LZH archives in the “Info” command. Previously the host OS field was always “Unknown” for the LZH archive format.
- Files created by external editor and matching “Settings/Viewer/ Ignore modifications for” masks are never added to the archive. Previously WinRAR still added them if some file not matching these masks was also created or modified.
Bugs fixed in WinRAR v5.91
- empty file names were displayed inside of some Unix LZH archives;
- WinRAR could not process more than 999 7z volumes in a single set;
- if a user canceled the user account control prompt after changing “Integrate WinRAR into shell” option, a new state of this option was displayed in “Settings” dialog, even though the actual state of shell integration was not modified;
- the main window size could be too small on the first run after a clean install with no previous WinRAR version present;
- WinRAR could stop responding after editing an archived file with external software in Windows 10 version 2004.
WinRAR is provided with a 40-day trial period to give you the chance to thoroughly test it. After that, you’ll need to pay for a single-user license to continue using it. WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs. WinRAR gives you all future updates for free and the program is updated on a regular basis.
For more information about WinRAR and win.rar GmbH visit:
WinRAR 5.91 for 32bit and 64bit platforms can be downloaded from here:
To enter this giveaway please like Winrar and WinCert Facebook pages at:
Also, to soothe the process of randomly selecting contest winners, this time we require all contestants to fill out the form in the following link:
By submitting the form you consent to your data being shared with win.rar GmbH and WinCert.net for the purpose of issuing a WinRAR license to the winners. WinCert.net will delete your data after the giveaway is completed.
WinRAR is a the best on the world archive manager. It has a wonderful algorithm for creating archives. Thanks a lot for the giveaway.