Total Commander 8.52a review and giveaway
Our lucky winners are:
Tarek Medhat Abbas
If you are an advanced Windows user you have surely came into contact with Windows Commander or better known as Total Commander. The name had to be changed because of complaint from Microsoft.
Total commander is a powerful file manager replacement for Windows Explorer. It is fully light and ease-of-use application to view, rename, move, copy, compare, delete, search files and much more. Windows Explorer does not offer set of utilities like Total Commander and therefore this tool is essential for managing advanced file tasks.
Total Commander is shareware, but for evalution purposes it can be used for a month and after that period you should buy the license for $42. It is worth mentioning that the license model is more than fair. Once you buy the license you will get lifetime free updates with no need for license renewal.
While installation is fast and easy, advanced users may want to change the default location of INI and config files if there is a need to backup or copy customized setup of Total Commander to another PC. Total Commander features fully customizable interface. You’re able to change each icon in the toolbar, change the colors or use various available plug-ins.
Its old-school dual-pane interface gives you more power than Windows Explorer. It can use background processes for time-consuming operations so that copying larger files won’t prevent you from doing other tasks simultaneously. It also features faster file deletion and a multi-rename tool with useful options. In addition, multiple tabs can be opened in one pane, so we can have many locations/tabs opened on a PC, and thus can quickly manage files between them.
Total commander can also be used for accessing your remote file systems via built-in FTP client. The FTP client is integrated within the interface so you’re able to easily access your FTP files using keyboard shortcuts.
Total Commander can help you to compare files by content so you are able to free up some drive space by removing duplicate files from your system. It can also be used for synchronization of two directories.
User interface is not very nice as it hasn’t changed for a long time now, but this “old” design has been compensated with the speed and great usability of the application.
Total Commander supports various archive formats like ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE using integrated compression tool. Additionally, using already mentioned plugins Total Commander can work with any archive format.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
And many more!
Latest version of Total Commander can be downloade from HERE.
We are offering 5 Total Commander lifetime licenses, each worth $42.
To enter this giveaway please follow us on Twitter and like our page at Facebook.
Please leave your comment bellow with your full name so we can contact you in case you are one of our lucky winners.