[Repak] VMware Workstation Lite 12.1.0-3272444

ricktendo

30cytci.png

Silent install: /qn (and/or other standard MSI switches, custom settings/options switches listed bellow)

New: Supported command line switches to add serial number, change installation directory, enable/disable shortcuts, automatic updates, etc. during silent or gui install

;;; To add your serial number
SERIALNUMBER=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345
;;; To change installation directory
INSTALLDIR=<directory>
;;; Add =1 to enable or =0 to disable the following (their <default> state is listed)
DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=<disabled>
QUICKLAUNCH_SHORTCUT=<disabled>
STARTMENU_SHORTCUT=<enabled>
AUTOSOFTWAREUPDATE=<disabled>
COMPONENTDOWNLOAD=<enabled>
DATACOLLECTION=<disabled>

Example: If you want to automatically install with serial number and re-enable desktop shortcut & automatic updates

<vmware-lite>.msi SERIALNUMBER=12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 AUTOSOFTWAREUPDATE=1 /qn

Optional: Version 11 no longer supports x86 so for 32 bit OS's you need to use version 10: http://adf.ly/1713566/vmwareliteold

ogQyH1B.png

Or you may prefer VirtualBox Lite

MD5: 4680873df8556af936fae393e471fbe2

Size: 70.3 MB

• 2 weeks later...

Updated SFX and installer. There is no longer need to repack the installer (but you still have the option,) you can now use SERIALNUMBER and other commands to change the default installer behavior. Also added /nsr switch a.k.a. /noSilentReboot to stop reboot during silent install (just in case)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hey rick.., d0nt know why, but your sfx maker is n0t creating a w0rking setup f0r me, i just properly foll0wed the steps and inserted the serial number in the bootstrap.lua and hide the serial input dialog of setup by replacing the 0 with 1, and created the final setup, but when i run this setup, nothing happens but the following path is opened: 

C:\Windows\System32\Setup

., i d0nt know whats wr0ng with this, the pr0cedure is simple and i'm pretty sure that i'm not d0ing anything wr0ng..

plx heLp...!!

:help:

Edited by NaJeEb303

What version of 7zip did you use to re-compress and what format? (LZMA/LZMA2)

You could try adding .exe to the setup command in config.txt

RunProgram="setup.exe /T \"%%T\\install\" /S \"%%T\" /v "AutoInstall="setup.exe /T \"%%T\\install\" /S \"%%T\" /s /nsr /v "

What version of 7zip did you use to re-compress and what format? (LZMA/LZMA2)

You could try adding .exe to the setup command in config.txt

RunProgram="setup.exe /T \"%%T\\install\" /S \"%%T\" /v "AutoInstall="setup.exe /T \"%%T\\install\" /S \"%%T\" /s /nsr /v "

i used the latest version of 7-zip (9.20) and used the LZMA format..!!

I think whats going on is the sfx cannot find setup (executable) so its launching the \setup folder in system32 (PATH). Adding .EXE will force it to ONLY look for the executable and it will error if not found.

Make sure you are compressing the files and not the folder with the files

I think whats going on is the sfx cannot find setup (executable) so its launching the \setup folder in system32 (PATH). Adding .EXE will force it to ONLY look for the executable and it will error if not found.

Make sure you are compressing the files and not the folder with the files

thanx rick.., i was actually compressing the folder with the files.., now it w0rked after compressing the files.., and i was already in doubt with that...!!

thanx..!! :)

• 2 months later...