i posted a little batch code a while back on this thread. it was meant to step by step do as the tutorial instructed, nothing more. but as time went by and i created more and more installers i frequently found myself in need of a little extra in terms of options and possibilities. so i threw together a little more complicated batch code to take advantage of some free software to help with the job.
some of what it offers:
- installation or portable setup
- x64 & x86 builds
- manages it's own path in system PATH
- two convenient entires in the extended context menu
- default settings in ini file
- config.txt templates in sections of ini file
- predefined environment variables for config.txt templates
- customized sfx modules and possibility to add as many as you'd like
- upx compression of sfx modules before executable creation
- 3 ways of selecting a RunProgram / ExecuteFile / AutoInstall
> by passing it as a parameter to batch
> by using templates and calling them with switches
> by a switch that tells the batch to look for a config.txt in the target folder
- either way the text in query will always be auto encoded to utf-8
- can run verbose, or silent / hidden
- can create all exe binaries from all jobs to one selected folder
- can create a .md5 file along with the binary
- but most importantly, i.m.o; the !compile.cmd batch and configuring
it to hold all your other commands, 3d-party tools, compilers etc
to work in pre/post sequence of making the sfx binary. if you get used
to it compiling your software and creating a simple installer is done in a jiffy
suggestions, are most welcome! you can read the help file here
all files + my compressed project can be found here
please can anyone repak K-lite codec pack Full found on : http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_codec_pack_download.htm
- remove media player (MPC-HC) http://i.imgur.com/KANyN7b.png
- remove Tools (codec tweak tool, mediainfo lite, graphstudionext) http://i.imgur.com/LJazJXo.png
- don't create a start menu folder http://i.imgur.com/5jyZtjm.png
- don't creat start menu shortcuts for codec configuration http://i.imgur.com/3pzRei1.png
- don't show tray icons http://i.imgur.com/6hbXKWk.png
- don't visit a website codec news http://i.imgur.com/MBDVxw3.png
- perform preferrd lang config (1r lang: Arabic, 2d lang: French, 3d lang: English) http://i.imgur.com/OQ3Eefs.png
- remove additional soft (adware) http://i.imgur.com/ewvgT3k.png
- silent install.
All the updates seem to be integrating OK, as Windows Update finds very few updates.
BUT, all but one silent install is being skipped. Not even put into WinToolkit_Apps folder.
I've seen this question asked several times in other threads but no one is answering, thus a thread clearly markets with the issue.
from the presets file:
#Silent InstallsnVidia::-n -s;YES;436.79 MB;D:\Dell1520\Drivers\nVidia\setup.exe;Always InstalledSynaptics Touchpad::/Q;YES;775.47 KB;D:\Dell1520\Drivers\Synaptics\dpinst.exe;Always InstalledIntelPROSetWireless::/quiet /norestart;NO;69.21 MB;D:\Dell1520\Drivers\IntelWiFi\IntelPROSetWireless.msi;Always InstalledAnti-virus Microsoft Security Essentials::/s /runwgacheck;NO;10.72 MB;D:\Dell1520\Drivers\MSSecurityEssentials\mseinstall.exe;Always InstalledWindows Experience Updater::formal;NO;3.21 MB;D:\Dell1520\Drivers\WinSAT.exe;Always Installed (only winsat.exe makes it to WinToolkit_Apps folder)
maybe someone has been through that and has knowledge to share
is there a .cab file for mseinstall.exe (microsoft security essentials) so that I could add it to an offline image using dism ?
I did some searching but found none, so I guess there's no .cab or msu for it ... ?
the other thing - I suppose I could add the .exe to silent installers (with WinToolKit) but then I was wondering - is it possible to add Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials KB2310138 (Definition 1.165.1048.0) ?
it is the package windows wants to download for ms security essentials after a fresh install and of course I wouldn't like to download it everytime I make a fresh install.
By "add" I mean add it to an offline image with dism, the same way I add e.g. IE11 or prerequsities for IE11. (the way I create my images is I first do things I can do using command line and for the rest I go for wintoolkit)
First thought is it does not make any sense to add updates (virus def) while there is no program installed yet that could use these definitions.
But let's say I did that, and then I go to Wintoolkit and add mse.exe (silent installer). Will it work ? I mean will the antivirus program use these definitions and updates itself without downloading them?
I'll try to do that myself but if anyone tried this before, I'll be glad to hear some feedback
Everything working fine now, except for one thing.
My silent install for dotnetfx isn't working, the installation isn't silent and during the installation I get different errors.
After the other silent installs are finished and the pc booted into Windows I can run the installation with silent command from CMD without any problems.
How to fix this?