Translation

Legolash2o

Thiersee, you've added stuff in column H which look like notes? If i'm honest I'd rather you did the notes on the english version so I can tell what it is you're referring too :)

Because you've added your notes, it wont let me use the file. Attempting to fix though :)

Yes, I've put some notes in my translation, but I asked you to have a look at them (here post #5) ;).

1. But if it's better for you I can put the comment in the english version, no problem!

I'll do tomorrow.

2. BTW, if I open the file in Excel almost all the text-lines are written in column A; some lines containing special characters  (', apostroph) are written in column A, B and sometimes C.

Thiersee

1. That would be great :)

2. Yeah it's best to work with the CSV file i've uploaded. 

• Disclaimer = Disconoscimento
  • I think the 'Advanced' stuff you're referring too is... for advanced users if that makes sense.

It is possible to redo your translation but working with the CSV file rather than notepad please? :)

Test G uploaded.

It is possible to redo your translation but working with the CSV file rather than notepad please? :)

OK!

But what is with lines divided into 2 or three columns: e.g. lines 44, 68, 71, 74? Should I leave the text ' (for apostroph) or write the character itself?

Edited by Thiersee

@Everyone

Test H released with everyone's translations

• ro-RO (romanian)
  • it-IT (Italian)
  • pt-BR (Brazilian)
  • en-US (English)

That should be enough for my testing so no need to translate anymore files. Feel free to check them out and let me know of any issues, mis-alignments, etc..

Thank you everyone!

@Thiersee

leave the text :) Just edit the CSV file and if it prompts you to save as. Save it as CSV (Comma delimited) (.csv)

Thiersee, I've managed to fix your file so no need to do it again.

Thiersee, I've managed to fix your file so no need to do it again.

Beautiful, it works!

There are some misspelling because of my fault: do you need the corrected file, or it's enough to know that's working?

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

It's enough to know that it's working :D I've decided to use a completely different method. So instead of a CSV file. You would use a xaml file (notepad), basically a xml file.

Makes it easier for everyone included me!

<ResourceDictionary    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"  xmlns:system="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib" >    <!--frmStartup-->    <system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000001">Loading...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000002">Loading Floppy Disk...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000003">Eating "Cheese"...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000004">Locating 'Hamster'...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000005">Loading Skynet...</system:String>    <system:String x:Key="FrmStartup-00000006">Activating Flux Capacitor...</system:String></ResourceDictionary>

This way I don't have to worry about commas, quotes, etc.. wrecking the file.

With the new method you can just:

1. Copy and paste the en-US.xaml
  2. Rename it to ro-Ro.xaml
  3. Open it with Notepad to edit the values
  4. Run WinToolkit.exe and every is translated.

No need to upload a file, etc.. It just works straight away.

It hasn't been released yet :)

EDIT: I've been programming it since about 8AM and plan to still be programming by 4PM. Then start again after 9PM-12AM. That's pretty much my every cycle for v2 :-O

I a lot of the time is research.

I've released test 2.0.0.8. MSU to CAB, ISO Maker, Splash Screen and a tiny fraction of the main menu can be translated. I'd thought I would release a build now just so you can see how it works and I will gradually add more and more translatable stuff with each release.

UPDATE
v2.0.0.8B release which will allow you to translate more of the main menu. Also I've included some other xaml files with the word Options translated so you can see what it should look like. I have to go to the gym now so will hopefully finish the rest of the main menu stuff after. Have to do it manually and it's taking a while.

Hi Lego,

Altough you asked not to present further language files here is my de-DE.xaml (based on v2.0.0.8 B) with credits to Thiersee, who helped me to eliminate some bugs.

Regard in your en_US file:

Line 67: ,,, You can prepare even prepare your ,,,

Regards, Nemo

EDIT:

Attached file deleted. Reason: Could not be unpacked. New trial see in post #42

Edited by Nemo_G

OMG it's going to take forever to finish off the main menu to allow translations :(

Hi Lego,

Altough you asked not to present further language files here is my de-DE.xaml (based on v2.0.0.8 B) with credits to Thiersee, who helped me to eliminate some bugs.

But: Give me a hint how upload the file!

Regard in your en_US file:

Line 67: ,,, You can prepare even prepare your ,,,

Regards, Nemo

Put it in a zip file and I've already fixed that Line 67 issue :)

Thanks, seems to be corrupt and wont let me open it. :) I wont if it will let you upload if you change it to .xml instead of .xaml

EDIT 1: Yes it did :D

EDIT 2: But then it stops working with Win Toolkit unless you rename it back.

EDIT 3: I've asked NIM if he can allowed .xaml attachments :)

Nah don't need any version really unless something doesn't look right. At the moment, it is just to allow you guys to see how it works. Thanks anyway :) Feel free to provide feedback, ideas or suggestions for the whole translation stuff though.

Nemo, do you think it looks ok in German? :)

I will prob release a build before I go to bed. You won't have to re-translate everything. Just copy and paste the missing entries from the en-US file and put them in your xx-XX file.

Hi Lego,

Nemo, do you think it looks ok in German? ...

Although Thiersee gave me a hint to improve one expression  WTK 2.0.0.8C looks good with my translation stamped at 22:53h. I'll have this one and a few others in mind for the next steps,

I will prob release a build before I go to bed. You won't have to re-translate everything. Just copy and paste the missing entries from the en-US file and put them in your xx-XX file.

You're talking of v2.0.0.10B?

I compared the en_US of v2.0.0.8C withe the one of v2.0.0.10B. Is there a simple break point (line xxx) between old and new version? Otherwise it will be rather complicated to update the new one.

Just a proposal for the trial section:

As you offer W2012 R2, what do you think about W2012 R2 Essential as an additional trial?

Regards, Nemo

Edited by Nemo_G

v2.0.0.8D was released when I went to bed I think. You can just add the missing lines from the updated en-US file into your file and translate from there.

As you requested W2012 R2 Essentials has been added to the latest test :)

• 2 weeks later...