[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

The latest version works perfectly for 3.0.17 thanks.

The preferences and themes in all versions doesn't work when I'm making an unattended installation of xp, they work only if I use the same user name. Can you add an option that creates these settings for any user that it is created on your next version?

When you install Firefox using this tool and select to set Firefox as the Default Browser. The script runs this command "firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser". This runs as the current user and creates a profile for that user, it does not create a profile for the user that profile was copied from. There is no way, that I can think of, that you can create a profile for AllUsers. You used to able install extensions as "Global", the Gecko has removed this option. If, after you finish as Unattended Install, you create a new user, then re-run the command "firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser". I could create a shortcut in the AllUsers Start Menu that would have this command available and add that to the script. But, at the moment, I can not think of another way to do.

I hope this helps.

***EDIT***

I have just read a post here, that would make it possible to automatically create a Profile for any new user., I do not think that it would also set Firefox as the Default Browser, though. I will see if I can add files to the DefaultUser profile. If I can, then will try to add it into the script.

Thanks

Edited by Jonnyboy

For current user sounds good if it creates only the default profile for any user that created in during unattended installation and for any user that would be created after. Thanks for instant response.

Edit: I rechecked that, I've created new user and It keeps all settings themes and extensions. It did not make firefox default but it is ok for me.

Edited by stsaerox

• 3 months later...

Hi, thanks for this awesome tool, I am most impressed with how much work you have put into it for the community, much appreciated.

I have a couple of quick questions, I usually have the installer downloaded already, is it possible to get the Addon Maker to pick it up from a local folder rather than downloading it? I'd rather not download the same file again if possible, I have a download quota on my ISP connection.

Secondly, I have my firefox profile on a separate data partition, so rather than package the data into the addon I just need to point it to the preexisting data, is there an option to do this?

Thanks again. :)

Hi, thanks for this awesome tool, I am most impressed with how much work you have put into it for the community, much appreciated.

I have a couple of quick questions, I usually have the installer downloaded already, is it possible to get the Addon Maker to pick it up from a local folder rather than downloading it? I'd rather not download the same file again if possible, I have a download quota on my ISP connection.

Secondly, I have my firefox profile on a separate data partition, so rather than package the data into the addon I just need to point it to the preexisting data, is there an option to do this?

Thanks again. :)

First. Thank you and I am glad you like it.

Second. This has always been able to use a previously downloaded file. The script looks for files in a folder, in the current location, named "Files". If the needed files is in that folder, it will not be re-downloaded.

Third. If you do not want the profile included, do not select the options to include the items in the profile. There is no option to edit the profiles.ini folder to point to another location, when that location already exists. And it is not possible on a non-install drive.

Fourth. I do not have the time to fix or update this script.

Thanks

~Jonnyboy

• 2 months later...

there is an error now, nothing serious ;). Flash player doesn't work anymore with "/s" switch.

New working switch is "/install", I hope you will have time to update.

Thanks for this great tool.

edit the config.txt file in the bin folder.

change the line ;eRunProgram="install_flash_player.exe /S"

to read ;eRunProgram="install_flash_player.exe /install"

then save it and you're good to go.

thanks for the above change in the flash player script.. :-)

the only problem ive had is the protocals SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 in the advanced options boxes seems to be unticked when the xp is installed fresh with a addon made with this addon maker.

i had a few people ask me that have tried it and said the same thing about the boxes not being ticked..

is there anyway of making sure the boxes are ticked so when a fresh install is done the boxes are already ticked..

thanks in advance..

here's a picture of the boxes unticked, would be nice to have them pre ticked.

http://img706.imageshack.us/f/ffencryptionboxes.jpg/

Edited by dude-uk

edit the config.txt file in the bin folder.

change the line ;eRunProgram="install_flash_player.exe /S"

to read ;eRunProgram="install_flash_player.exe /install"

then save it and you're good to go.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me.

I changed the config.txt file as suggested but when the addon was generated it rewrote the file with the /S switch. The generated exe addon consequently had the /S switch in its config.txt. That switch must also be hard-coded somewhere else. :(

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me.

I changed the config.txt file as suggested but when the addon was generated it rewrote the file with the /S switch. The generated exe addon consequently had the /S switch in its config.txt. That switch must also be hard-coded somewhere else. :(

If you edited the config.txt file located inside /bin folder, then it is over-written each time you run "FirefoxAddonMakerv0.714.exe". To keep any changes that you made to the file inside of the /bin folder, then you need to run the file "FirefoxAddonMaker.hta".

Again, sorry but I do not have the time to update this. Anyone that would like to take this project over, please PM me.

Thanks for explaining that Jonnyboy, and no problems about not being able to maintain it. I am not a programmer but would love development of the tool to continue, here's hoping someone may come along that is interested. ;)

thanks for the above change in the flash player script.. :-)

the only problem ive had is the protocals SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 in the advanced options boxes seems to be unticked when the xp is installed fresh with a addon made with this addon maker.

i had a few people ask me that have tried it and said the same thing about the boxes not being ticked..

is there anyway of making sure the boxes are ticked so when a fresh install is done the boxes are already ticked..

thanks in advance..

http://img706.images...ptionboxes.jpg/

I don't know why these would be checked or unchecked. My installer is the same installer used if you download from Mozilla and make it install silently. I do not edit it any way. If I knew what settings within the profile set those 2 check boxes, I could change it in the profile. But, the profile that is installed, is the profile that you select. It does not use some of the files in the profile that explicitly list a user id, or a specific folder path or any file that is dynamically created if not present. It is probable that one of those files determine the status of the check boxes. When I get time to get back into this, I will try to fix. I have no definite time period when I can get back to this.

Thanks

~Jonnyboy

Edited by Jonnyboy

Thanks for this update (0716).

Is the file size and MD5 in post#1 correct for 0716?

I get:

file size: 3.60 MB

MD5: 8c34970ba1966cbd35f022121b05b1d0

8C34970BA1966CBD35F022121B05B1D0 - 3.60MB is correct. Sorry, I'll see if he can update that for me.

Seems I made a mistake! Nothing too vital until the next version comes along. Still I recommend re-downloading if MD5 checksum doesn't match.

Will not happen again!!

Edited by thedexmonster

To Jonny or Dex:

Could you please add the option to write and specified path (i.e. %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox and that would install Firefox wherever the Windows installation partition is) when is selected the option "Use Current Firefox?" in Default Paths.

To Jonny or Dex:

Could you please add the option to write and specified path (i.e. %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox and that would install Firefox wherever the Windows installation partition is) when is selected the option "Use Current Firefox?" in Default Paths.

I am pretty sure that you can do this already by using the "Addon Installation Folder" option (in the second column in the "Addon Installation Paths" section).

I am pretty sure that you can do this already by using the "Addon Installation Folder" option (in the second column in the "Addon Installation Paths" section).

You can't with the installation path, only with the "Addon Profile Path" and "Addon Profile Folder Name".

To Jonny or Dex:

When you select "Addon Installation Folder" you select where you want to install Firefox into. When the installer runs, it checks to see if %ProgramFiles% or %ProgramFiles(x86)% exists on the system. It then determines if the path you chose to install into is below %ProgramFiles% or %ProgramFiles(x86)%, if it is, it strips your path and adds it to %ProgramFiles% or %ProgramFiles(x86)%.

So, it is not necessary to write the chosen path as %ProgramFiles% or %ProgramFiles(x86)%. It is not necessary.

Also, with this script, you can not install to a drive other than the %systemdrive%.

***EDIT***

%ProgramFiles% is English and would fail if used in other languages, my script uses the localized text to determine the exact path. With this, it works in every language, even if the language changes from creation to installatio, x86-32 or x86-64.

Edited by Jonnyboy

i still have on version 716 problem the protocals SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 in the advanced options boxes seems to be unticked when the xp is installed fresh with a addon made with this addon maker.

thanks in advance..

http://img706.imageshack.us/f/ffencryptionboxes.jpg/

i still have on version 716 problem the protocals SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 in the advanced options boxes seems to be unticked when the xp is installed fresh with a addon made with this addon maker.

thanks in advance..

http://img706.images...ptionboxes.jpg/

Of the hundreds of times I've used this addon I have only experienced this problem once. I think it might have something to do with another addon integrated with it. Or possibly a dirty source. Are you trying a clean integration? and what other addons do you use?

i use a xp pro sp3 student edition as my base..

i add my silent addons first with RVM_Integrator_1.6.1

then add my nlite addons second with nlite

then add my driverpacks with DPs_BASE 10.06 last

then i run nlite again to make the iso image

xable UpdatePack-SP3-v2.0.0 = nlite addon

Framework all in one 1.1 - 4.0 = 2 nlite addons

Internet explorer 8 = nlite addon

Windows media player 11 = nlite addon

Kels runtimes 6.8 = nlite addon

Directx 9 june 2010 = nlite addon

RedDXManaged_1.1.0 = silent RVM addon

Flash 10.1 = nlite addon

Java 6 update 21 = nlite addon

Shockwave 11.5 = nlite addon

Silerlight 4.0.50524.0 = silent RVM addon

Klite mega pack 6.2.0 = nlite addon

Real alterative lite 2.0.2 = silent RVM addon

Quicktime alterative lite 3.2.2 = silent RVM addon

c++ 2005 = nlite addon

c++ 2008 = nlite addon

c++ 2010 = nlite addon

Firefox 3.6.8 = silent RVM addon -- addon make with this tool in this post, otherwise ill use a normal nlite addon instead.

pc wizard 1.9.4 = nlite addon

Infranview 4.20 + plugins = nlite addon

Recuva 1.37.488 = nlite addon

cpl mega pack 11.2 = nlite addon

cpl ram disk 3.0 = nlite addon

cpl Prime95 v25.8 = nlite addon

cpl netrepair = nlite addon

cpl RegTweaker 2.1.2.283 = nlite addon

cpl IconRepair = nlite addon

cpl TrueCrypt 4.3.1.0 = nlite addon

cpl vfloppy 1.1 = nlite addon

cpl Vista System Properties 1.8 = nlite addon

core temp v0.99.7 = nlite addon

Xp syspad 7.9.6 = nlite addon

Vlc 1.1.1 = nlite addon

AMD k8 processor driver 1.2 = nlite addon

Luna lclock 1.6b2 Refresh = nlite addon

Winrar 3.93 = silent RVM addon

Adobe reader 9.3.3 = nlite addon

SetPoint 480 = silent RVM addon

Internet Download Manager 5.18.5 = silent RVM addon

Xp antispy 3.97.3 = nlite addon

YouTube to Mp3 Converter = nlite addon

Mp3tag 2.46 = nlite addon

SysInternals 3.6 = nlite addon

Revo Uninstaller 2.23 = nlite addon

CCleaner 2.33 = nlite addon

EncodeHD12206 = nlite addon

WinGamesLive = nlite addon

ESET Smart Security 4.2.35 = silent RVM addon

iTunes 9.2.1 = nlite addon

unlocker 1.9.0 = nlite addon

windows live messenger = nlite addon

Messenger Plus! Live = nlite addon

i use a clean firefox upto date version installed and use local source to make it with

heres a pic of the way i have mine setup

http://img833.imageshack.us/f/ff716prefs.jpg/

my firefox extensions i use

http://img826.imageshack.us/f/ffextensions.jpg/

if i add a normal firefox nlite addon not made with this tool all goes well

but my firefox addon extensions etc are not added and its just a normal version

and i would prefer to have a custom make firefox really..

even if i make a little corporate version without so many addons just to fit on a 700 MB cdr-rom

the firefox silent addon still turns out the same with the two boxes unticked..

everything else works ok.. i.e. all the other addons work perfectly..

Edited by dude-uk