[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

Excelent AddonOn, please...

What is the last Firefox Addon Maker supports Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.20 and where I can download it if it exists ... Thanks, greetings

Atte Germangelv

I'll see if I can locate a Mozilla website that is hosting it. If I can locate one, then I will add it into the next update.

***EDIT***

I will add it to the list for the next version and I'll try to get it in there.

The files are available from the Mozilla ftp. There are a couple of problems with using the ftp and the older versions. The ftp is for "developer's" and they often close it to scripts(wget). I have added a few strings to the wget command and that may help. The other is that they are no longer updating it and therfore the language selection is not the same. This will take some work as I have to move the language id's out of the script and individual text files for each version. The newer versions having many more more languages available than the previous versions, etc.

I have already been considering this, but this may not make it into the next update

Thanks

Edited by Jonnyboy

Update Posted

I have added proxy settings, but I was not able to test a proxy server that requires a password. So, please test if you use proxies and let me know. I will try to fix.

v0.705 - 11-20-09

-added text highlighting

-added use proxy if necessary(needs testing)

-removed option to "view Hidden" files\foldes since it is necessary

-fixed pigfoot's beta weblink

-moved the remaining text to localized files - except drop down menus

-fixed bug that would install to the incorrect path when the current and addon paths are different

-added option to "Check for Updates"

-checking for updates is automatic when you click "Update Links" - this will add notification in the title bar

-added --referer and --user-agent to wget command to make wget not appear to be a script or robot

-added script to check the registry for installed firefox location

-added look for firefox path in the registry, to assist in populating the path

-added read profiles.ini for installed profiles and if more than 1 installed profile then a dropdown list will be created for profile selection.

-If your profile is not in the dropdown list selection, you can still choose a profile from any another location

-fixed a bug when loading saved files when some of the strings are empty

-renamed Silent Addon output file

-fixed bug where silent addon was being created incorrectly

-fixed bug with positioning the screen

-added check for update

-added script to remove Mozilla Firefox Beta shortcuts

Edited by Jonnyboy

Ive been having problems with the new release. For some reason it will not install any of my addons with any of the versions I've tried. Also for some reason when I build an installer using any of the 3.6 betas I cant install any addons because it says that its not compatible. I can't use the nightly tester tools because its not compatible. Ive edited the compatibility check in the about:config and tried editing the install.rdf but have had no luck.

Ive been having problems with the new release. For some reason it will not install any of my addons with any of the versions I've tried. Also for some reason when I build an installer using any of the 3.6 betas I cant install any addons because it says that its not compatible. I can't use the nightly tester tools because its not compatible. Ive edited the compatibility check in the about:config and tried editing the install.rdf but have had no luck.

Send me the logs and I'll look into it.

Thanks

***EDIT***

Give the link to the nightly tester tools and I'll see what needs to be done.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Send me the logs and I'll look into it.

Thanks

***EDIT***

Give the link to the nightly tester tools and I'll see what needs to be done.

Here are the logs. I built the installer on 7. When I install it on 7 it doesn't install the addons and every addon i try to install says its incompatible. I tried installing it on XP and it installed all my addons and I had no compatibility issues installing any other addons.

20091124-172204.7z

Update posted 0.706

v0.706 - 12-02-09

-fixed bug when reading registry for firefox and firefox not installed

-fixed bug where when browsing for folder and cancel is selected

-fixed bug when trying to copy helper.exe and file does not exist

-added several outdated older vanilla versions of Firefox

-changed links for outdated older Firefox versions after Mozilla removed previous links

-added Tete's Beta SSE Version

-added Tete's Beta SSE2 Version

-added ability to only download links to the file you wish to build

-added status

-added usage validation

-fixed check update

-updated to Quicktime v.7.65.17.80

-updated to Quicktime Alternate v.3.1.0

Update posted 0.706

v0.706 - 12-02-09

-fixed bug when reading registry for firefox and firefox not installed

-fixed bug where when browsing for folder and cancel is selected

-fixed bug when trying to copy helper.exe and file does not exist

-added several outdated older vanilla versions of Firefox

-changed links for outdated older Firefox versions after Mozilla removed previous links

-added Tete's Beta SSE Version

-added Tete's Beta SSE2 Version

-added ability to only download links to the file you wish to build

-added status

-added usage validation

-fixed check update

-updated to Quicktime v.7.65.17.80

-updated to Quicktime Alternate v.3.1.0

It is not working for me.

post-7793-125984236145_thumb.jpg

20091203-130115.rar

still have the same problem as before. The installer wont install my addons under 7 and when I install any addon it says its not compatible with firefox. Everything works fine when I install it on XP.

After your last post, I PM'd you several questions. You never responded.

Just PMed back. It worked after changing EnableExtensionManager to 1 in the application.ini.

See, the install script is working properly on XP. On your Win7 machine do you have UAC disabled?

If not, then right click and run as admin.

Did the shortcuts get created?

Are you on dial-up?

See, the install script is working properly on XP. On your Win7 machine do you have UAC disabled?

If not, then right click and run as admin.

Did the shortcuts get created?

Are you on dial-up?

The shortcut get created. I have UAC enabled so ill see if it installs correctly when I run as admin. Im cable internet.

The shortcut get created. I have UAC enabled so ill see if it installs correctly when I run as admin. Im cable internet.

If UAC is enabled, you must as admin.The shortcuts that were created were created when firefox is set as default browser. None of the other vbscripts are allowed system access because of the UAC. The vbscripts create the requested shortcuts, delete the shortcuts created by default and fix the extensions setting that is needed for silent install.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Good Friends, first to congratulate you all for this project.

Well I have the following concern not because I get this error with the

Firefox Addon Maker:

tn_8mf20554.jpg

Thanks and this is fixed in the next update. I am still testing and looking for bugs. I have been testing for a few days and hope to post soon.

Thanks

Mr. Johnyboy,

If Not objFSO.FileExists( ProfilePath & "\prefs.js" ) Then

ProfilePath

var = "true"

End If

barko = "false" on this line (1710) is called in original script subroutine "Downgrade" which makes ERROR in my situation and above posts, i replace this with dummy line and then it work OK.

If var = "true" Then

ValidateSettings

Else

strMbox = MsgBox(Text048,68,Text049)

End If

Cheers :-D

Edited by mirecek1965

Mr. Johnyboy,

If Not objFSO.FileExists( ProfilePath & "\prefs.js" ) Then

ProfilePath

var = "true"

End If

barko = "false" on this line (1710) is called in original script subroutine "Downgrade" which makes ERROR in my situation and above posts, i replace this with dummy line and then it work OK.

If var = "true" Then

ValidateSettings

Else

strMbox = MsgBox(Text048,68,Text049)

End If

Cheers :-D

I have removed all of the literal "true" "false" statements for the next update and that should fix this error.

But, this is not the real error, the error is later in Sub Downgrade. My guess is you are testing with "Local system" checked and the uVersion value is "" causing the error. This is also fixed for the next update.

Thanks

Edited by Jonnyboy

Alright, I have asked this before and received no support. So, I'm asking again.

I really dislike having to post an update just so that I can get someone to tell me of a bug they have found. I need some volunteers to join me and bug test each version, before I make it public. This will reduce the number of errors in the public releases.

If you value this script and you have a little free time, please PM for the details.

Thanks

update posted v0.707

Remember, if running in Vista or Win7 and UAC has not been disabled, then you must run as administrator.

if you are interested in assisting in bug testing please PM me. Thanks

v0.707 - 12-11-09

-removed various string\integer bugs

-removed several global variables

-added more error checking and validation

-added more logging to help track down bugs

-fixed several bugs

-added delay during firefox installation to allow profile creation to complete before continuing

-removed intLen routine

-added option to view detailed log and set no details as default

-fixed bug not recognizing a corrupt or incomplete download by adding script to get 7-zip extraction error codes to verify proper extraction - if error code 2, the file is deleted and downloaded again

-updated Adobe Flash Player to version 10.0.42.34

-added SendKeys to refresh the screen after deleting the shortcuts

-fixed overwriting of some newer componenets and modules files with older versions, now only copies components and modules that do not exist in the version you are creating

-added script to remove installer created shortcuts when uninstalling - only removes shortcuts created by the installer - Works for all shortcuts except 'User Pinned'

-added slavok, polish and spanish strings for 'Pin to Taskbar'

Edited by Jonnyboy