Windows 7 Toolkit v0.8.0 Requests + Alpha

Legolash2o

before you edited your post didn't you say to TH-TECH to make a list of what he removes? If not im losing it :P Oh well.

Ah still i dont exactly get why you told me about the Log thing :P

But i removed it because it was basicly senseless as he posted a few posts back what he did, really crappy english and a little confusing but ^^

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Removing such Components is a bad idea as: its Breaks more than you think.<BR itxtvisited="1">You're os might get smaller but it will not be faster, will not be safer, will be less stable, there is just no profit for such changes, Keep your OS on compatiblilty, remove 'extra' stuff like Games and such,"

I know that. But i am modifier and love it. Its my hobby. OS is good if you can make it good. Its maybe not smaller but its good. i modified that OS my computer.

I made every changes earlier RT7LITE software but i like w7toolkit and man who made it. Every update and fix coming very fast.

Sorry my bad English. Its bad. I know that. :wub_anim:

<BR itxtvisited="1">

What does RT7LITE let you do?

The next W7T update should be released by sunday, don't know how long it going to take me to add all the requested tweaks, shouldn't be that long though.

Has anyone tested the Silent Installer tool yet?

i tested now.....few hours and coming back

i tested now.....few hours and coming back

WOW!

I tried to use Silent installer!

Bigbug!

Silents installer copied image to the apps folder, so image size grew up to over five Gb .

Try to fix that fast. I installing now this version.

Only ATI 10.8 and Microst usb-tools. Image size is now 6.2GB

Edited by TH-TECH

Thanks, I will have a look when I get home from work. I hope you didn't press the Copy Folders option when adding the files by accident, as that could make it go to a massive size lol

Il have a look at it too, il post soon.

Edit: Ok, works fine but not really at the same time? Only tested once.

I have chosen a install that has many folders in its folder, Setup.exe and like 8 folders around it, but... even though both entries i added (one without copy folder one with) It only added the Simple thing without copy Folders o.o (as in, actually <nothing> got added not even setup.exe)

But il retry it and edit this entry once more.

Edit2: Oh well.. i can't, not at the moment as it wont let me mount anything and i can't unmount anything cause there is nothing mounted, but i can't mount cause it is mounted.. ..?

Ah got it to 'unmount' proper, /cleanup-wim

Anyway, for some reason the silent installer also copied W7TRunOnce.exe in my <live> system C:\Windows\System32, why?

Wait.. it actually didnt really Copy it there, but <did>, for some reason it got copied there but removed again

Edited by Mand

Thanks, I will have a look when I get home from work. I hope you didn't press the Copy Folders option when adding the files by accident, as that could make it go to a massive size lol

Yeaah!

I press the button....Sorry. Working Fine. Good job

Yeaah!

What does RT7LITE let you do? <BR itxtvisited="1">

The following contents will describe, what RT Se7en Lite can do with windows 7 operating system?

• [*]Integration[*]Components removal[*]Tweaks[*]Unattended installation[*]Customization[*]Create Bootable ISO or DVD[*]You can Integrate windows updates like security updates, hotfixes Integrate drivers Integrate language packs and Integrate 3rd party applications (Only silent installers).[*]You can remove all unwanted components from windows like default drivers, services, language packs, windows applications and other features.[*]Disable or adjust system services, Enable or disable registry tweaks, Change power configuration, Set control panel view and other component tweaks.[*]Create unattended installation (Integrate product key, change UI language, Time zone, Skip automatic activation, Currency, Add OEM information's, Change network type, change Update type, Enable or disable upgrade option, Enable or disable Windows live, Skip EULA agreement, skip OOBE user creation, Enable or disable firewall, Change Display screen resolution, Disable Windows defender, etc.)[*]Customize windows by Change and add multiple themes, Desktop background wallpaper, Add sidebar gadgets, Add screen-savers, Change logon screen, Add your documents, Change icons (Preset), Add sample music

Doesn not work proper, it only copies the First entry in the list, after that everything gets 'green' but doesnt really got added.

If you click Stop, you can not Start again without re-opening the Window as the 'Start' button will be inactive.

At least out of 5 trys it didnt work 5 times :P, doesnt matter if i use copy Folders option or not, first entry in the list gets copied, thats it

Edited by Mand

I don't think you understand what copy folders do or whatever I called that check box.

If it's just one file then don't tick it but for something like Office which has multiple files/folders in the same folder as setup.exe then you tick it. If it's not ticked for something like Office... Then office will say missing files.

Like lets say you have a folder with multiple silent install .exe then don't tick it.

Edited by Legolash2o

I don't think you understand what copy folders do or whatever I called that check box.

If it's just one file then don't tick it but for something like Office which has multiple files/folders in the same folder as setup.exe then you tick it. If it's not ticked for something like Office... Then office will say missing files.

Like lets say you have a folder with multiple silent install .exe then don't tick it.

No i complete understood it, cause the instaler i mean needs the folders do work proper as the content is in these ;), The setup wont work without them, it would be a useless setup without them

but like i said, it doesnt add <anything> after the FIRST entry, it doesnt matter if i tick the box or not, the first entry gets added, i see it Yellow blah bah, it gets green, al of a sudden <all> entrys get green and are finished.. guess what.. only the first entry got really added.

It copies perfectly, etc but it doesnt process anymore than 1 entry here.

Edited by Mand

Does it only just copy one file then, I'll definitely have to fully test it then :(

Thanks for testing anyway :)

Just Wondering could you actually Move the Save place to $OEM$\$$\SETUP\ Folder name.. i dunno APPS or FILES or i rather prefer FILES :P

Anyway when does your W7TRunOnce.exe start exactly? Setup Screen, Windows logon? Cause you could instead place your W7TRunOnce.exe in that $OEM$ folder instead of having to need to add a entry into registry o.o?

Excellent, that would mean I wouldn't have to mount the images :D

Wait.. you didnt know about that? d.d

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/18/ Have a look at this its short but explains it pretty good

But you don't want to use it like this but:

\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\setupcomplete.cmd

this will execute this file, the file on setup complete, here you can type in the stuff you want to Start, or remove and whatever Oo

Edited by Mand

but like i said, it doesnt add <anything> after the FIRST entry, it doesnt matter if i tick the box or not, the first entry gets added, i see it Yellow blah bah, it gets green, al of a sudden <all> entrys get green and are finished.. guess what.. only the first entry got really added.

It copies perfectly, etc but it doesnt process anymore than 1 entry here.

fixes that error, more tweaks in AIO Integrator.

If you install.wim image is that big, rebuild the image.

Edited by Legolash2o

If Servicepack 1 ( Beta ) is installed. Component removal show every text twice.... Understand me ?

Installed where? Already integrated into the wim, or on your CURRENT os?

If its on your current os not sure, as this should not affect anything, i also have SP1 beta installed (not on the image)

I dont have a image with the service pack integrated as im using the Original rtm disc, but i wonder how i can integrate the SP into W7 as the SP is no simple .msu or anything, The only way i know so far is to actually Install it on a live system and create a wim of this system adn sysprep it, but this is all but nice.

Edited by Mand

Installed where? Already integrated into the wim, or on your CURRENT os?

If its on your current os not sure, as this should not affect anything.

I dont have a image with the service pack integrated as im using the Original rtm disc, but i wonder how i can integrate the SP into W7 as the SP is no simple .msu or anything, The only way i know so far is to actually Install it on a live system and create a wim of this system adn sysprep it, but this is all but nice.

I integrate sp1 to image. Then component removal show duplicate. Also when i installing new OS component removal show double everything. I hope you understand my English.

Sp1 integrated is so easy.... and it working great. This bug is only bug now. More tomorrow.

OS Name:Windows 7 ULTIMATE

OS Description:Windows 7 ULTIMATE

Architecture:64-bit

OS Size:3.33 GB

Language:English (United States)

Version:6.1.7601.16562

Service Pack:1

Edited by TH-TECH

I integrate sp1 to image. Then component removal show duplicate. Also when i installing new OS component removal show double everything. I hope you understand my English.

Sp1 integrated is so easy.... and it working great. This bug is only bug now. More tomorrow.

OS Name:Windows 7 ULTIMATE

OS Description:Windows 7 ULTIMATE

Architecture:64-bit

OS Size:3.33 GB

Language:English (United States)

Version:6.1.7601.16562

Service Pack:1

Well tell me how you integrated SP1, as you can not Integrate it like Updates.

It can be integrated through RT7Lite Customizer RT7lite x86

Rt7Lite x64

Yeah!

I use RT7lite. I like this software but updates and fix coming faster to w7toolkit.

RT7lite is wonderful program bu very bug.

Link is wrong. That version not include SP1 option. SP1 version is RT Se7en Lite - Beta (Build 2.2.0) [sP1 slipstream support] http://www.rt7lite.com/downloads.html

Edited by TH-TECH