Microsoft fixes several issues ahead of Patch Tuesday
Microsoft released an optional preview couple of days ago that fixes a couple of issues. An update KB5016691 was released to production ahead of Patch Tuesday in order to fix the following issues:
- Addresses an issue related to USB printing that might cause your printer to malfunction after you restart it or reinstall it.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Windows 11 SE from trusting some Microsoft Store applications. This might prevent you from downloading the untrusted app.
- Addresses an issue that might cause certain Bluetooth audio headsets to stop playing after a progress bar adjustment.
- Addresses a known issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog
Additionally, this update also fixes some minor issues and adds three new quality improvements for Windows 11.
- IT admins can now remotely add languages and language-related features.
- If Server Message Block or SMB compression is configured it will compress a file regardless of its size.
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoints has now been enhanced with the ability to identify and intercept ransomware and other advanced attacks.
If you want to manually install this update, navigate to Settings – Windows Updates, Advanced Options – Optional updates.
The full list of improvements and fixes can be found on Microsofts’ support page.