[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005

ricktendo

Yeah, that happens to me. For some reason, it can't be removed. It removes the main files but leaves behind the language folder and the gadgets. And no, I have not found a way to remove gadgets accept to delete them from the folder. :-/ By the way, I've already invited you on gmail. You should've gotten an invitation from tqm397@gmail.com

And no, I have not found a way to remove gadgets accept to delete them from the folder.

So right clicking gadget and selecting uninstall > crash sidebar is what it does for everyone? I don't have a problem with manually deleting them and have done so with no problems, I'm just wanting to know if the crashing is normal behavior for right now since I read a reply where someone I think mentioned that the uninstall was fixed. Also do the installed gadgets go to the gadget or shared gadget folder or do they go to a folder in users app data...? I've found them in all three locations but the latter may have been left over from my quest to find the sidebar that I liked the best. I think I tried two others before settling on this one which I think is without a doubt the best of the 3.

at this time if you selecting uninstall a gadget it will crash the side yes.

you have to delete it manually out of your C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Shared Gadgets folder .

if not there it be in C:\Documents and Settings\"NAME OF ACCOUNT"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets .

you have to delete it manually out of your C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Shared Gadgets folder .

if not there it be in C:\Documents and Settings\"NAME OF ACCOUNT"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets .

Thanks ! They were all here : C:\Documents and Settings\"NAME OF ACCOUNT"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets, and i deleted them. Thanks a bunch, ipd56 !

I have a new error now. Whenever the sidebar loads, 2 dialog boxes pop up, asking :

" A Runtime Error has occured

do u wish to debug ?

Line: xxx

Error : "name of gadget" is undefined "

The error lines give different details different times, like : The specified procedure could not be found

: Object doesn't support this property or method

: "name of gadget" is null or not an object

e.t.c

And, when i load the default weather gadget, and if i click anywhere at the gadget at all, each of these errors pops up for each click. And yes, i did apply the modified .dll file for the weather gadget. Please help me.

And, whats the difference between adding the gadget to the gadgets folder and the shared gadgets folder ? I mean, wherever you put, it, it comes in the sidebar right ? Well, it does come for me. So, whats the difference ?

You have to remember that each user account in XP (and Vista) has it's own shortcuts and it 's own desktop arrangement (including sidebar gadgets) so if choose to install a gadget "Just for your desktop only" it goes into the gadgets folder under your user name. But if you choose to install a gadget "for every one to use" it goes into the 'shared gadgets' folder. That way there's no need to install the same gadget three times on a computer which has three user accounts if they all want to have access to the same gadget -- you just make sure it goes into the "shared folder" the first time you install it.

If you have only one user account it makes no difference which of the two folders it goes in.

Edited by pip22

Yea I know the locations or location for me since I moved all to one location. Thanks for the info on uninstall of gadgets. I guess I missed some info whilst searching here. After reading this click link I was under the impression that it had the ability to uninstall. What's different in the version they are using(it works) as opposed to what's available now(crashes sidebar).

I think Alky for Applications 1.1 is about 90% done (from what Rafael has said to me)

He said the games are almost done, just need a few tweaks

The uninstall gadgets has been fixed for awhile now

All he needs to do is figure out why 6001.17xxx Sidebars are not working (they crash under the current build)

P.S. Alky for Apps and that DirectX 10 deal have nothing to do with the other, two separate things

Hay Rick i have got a little problem with the windows sidebar when i use a media player gadget and when i start to play my music the music start's crashing and then the windows sidebar crashers alwell.

Is there any way to fix it shall i reinstalled the windows siebar?

But all my other gadgets are working fine EXPECT the media palyers gadgets thay just keep crashing. :angry:

PS: why am i still called a newbie i have been registered on this site from the 30th of august 2007. :manual:

I am only just asking? i hope you don't mind. :tired:

Edited by pete

I think Alky for Applications 1.1 is about 90% done (from what Rafael has said to me)

He said the games are almost done, just need a few tweaks

The uninstall gadgets has been fixed for awhile now

All he needs to do is figure out why 6001.17xxx Sidebars are not working (they crash under the current build)

P.S. Alky for Apps and that DirectX 10 deal have nothing to do with the other, two separate things

I didn't know the uninstall gadgets has been fixed for a while. Could you tell me how, please?

I didn't know the uninstall gadgets has been fixed for a while. Could you tell me how, please?

I think they're saying that it's fixed but has been temporarily broken with the latest sidebar build. If I'm wrong then yea, I want to know how also.